Decay mechanic bugged - 6 months of building up on pvp server gone

never give up !!! hahaha

1 Like

Apparently:
“We are currently working on our next big update and we hoping to be able to introduce some improvements to this issue as well.”

I don’t know why this wasn’t posted here by the devs… Whether it will actually fix it, I don’t know. But Ill hold onto it.

1 Like

improvements doesnt = fix

just means they hope it will happen less often

Has this been addressed and corrected yet? I refuse to return to the game until it has.

/Bump

1. We just have fourth episode about a base loosing stability on our server.

2. The decay timer is also messed up.

1 Like

I msg zendesk no help there. What i noticed is for that the log also had no info at all past that date, so im guessing its a server host glitch or something, for me it was on siptah AND on EL. so thats weird.

1 Like

I’m done, this is game breaking. I refreshed 2-3 days ago, log in today all builds are gone on EL.

Hello guys :relaxed:
We had the same problem on our private server. It also seemed to happen only to certain characters after server restarts, if they recently built or adjusted something at their base. One friends base vanished 3 times!

This issue started for us with the “grave matters” event and thankfully ended with it.

Until now no more bases decayed, just decoration, that randomly gets detached from the building decay timer.

1 Like

So has this been fixed yet or not? I wont play this game anymore until they address this.

This happened to me as stated above, to save my all leveled lvl 20 thralls i logged in and quickly put down a bed, fridges and some blocks where my old base was.

Zendesk gifts me a 7 day ban for building abuse?

Merry xmas

hello guys, something is not right and I have the evidence. As you can see, yesterday I was connected to the game, I joined the game the next day and a warning appears saying “your reinforced stone foundations will decay”

The demolition time is supposed to be longer in the summer, guys, I don’t see how I’m going to spend so much time on this game if then everything gets demolished due to a game error

I’m really leaning towards the thought, they dont care anymore.

i think they gave up bro.

Hello, is this still a thing or Funcom fixed it ?
Because since the game is barely playable & fun on the official servers, and playing on some crowded already built up random private servers is not something that me & friends want, we think to rent a server once the Battle Pass Sorcery update is coming… but reading this and other similar issues to many other players is raising many uncertain signs, since no one wants to have the work wiped over a game breaking bug, playing a game is considered wasted time by some but if you lose the game progress is wasted time exponentially & no one wants that. So what Funcom did to fix this issue, considering they keep working on the game & advertise the next update non stop?

1 Like

To do some testing with a mod, I downloaded the dedicated server app from the forums.
After getting the server up and running I decided to try my broken savegame mentioned before (from a rented gportal server) with all the mods it “needs” and give it a try on the dedicated server.
The result was amazing. Every building and all the stuff where still standing.

I am not a person that knows how game and server comunication works but as mentioned before loading my savegame into single player ends up in all buildings etc. still present.
Loading the same savegame into a dedicated server: Everything is fine too.
So what is the difference between single player, dedicated server and rented server (in my case gportal)?
I guess single player has much lower configurations in the background and especially not a single decay setting that is really used?
But is there a difference between a dedicated server running on my computer and a rented server?

Anyway the fact that it worked on the dedicated server lead me to the thought that there might be something wrong with a server configuration from the gportal server.
So I did some more testing and rented a 10 slot server (gportal again) for further testing.
Dumb I know but I had to give it a try.

I copied all files, including subfolders from the “saved” folder of the dedicated server into the gportal servers saved folder. Overwriting everything off course! Then started the server, logged in and well EVERYTHING is still where it should be. Also did a few server restards and still everything is fine.
To be honest I can’t really get the reason why it works now but maybe it IS “just” a server setting that causes the bug?

I’m noticing that in some places, elevation can cause wonky decay timer connections. Like if i build above and try to find a spot below to put a chest down with an elevator in it. in some areas the lower spot is on a different decay timer, and i dont think thats right. I think, the idea is that you build somewhere and at any point of elevation you own that spot. in some instances when players attempt to build a structure into the ancient ruins or even a mountain, the decay timers could be causing this problem.

1 Like

It could also have something to do with players logged out for a long time. their bodies dissapear but you cant build anything in the small pocket they logged out in. you guys really need to fix that too. if they have logged out for so many days, port them to the desert.

Has this issue been addressed with the new content? A yes or no would be great.

I just tested our old broken server regarding this, and no it did not fix it.

Man I would think they would get this fixed before releasing that major update.