Decay timer still set to 2 weeks on officials

I think that FC should prebuild a maproom near each oblisk so that multiple players do not feel the need to build one. The Mounds, the Sinkhole and Warmaker’s oblisks usually have multiple maprooms because people seem to be to lazy to walk to their neighbors place to use a maproom or the neighbor has been selfish and closed off their maproom.

I do like the idea of the portals using thrall spots, that would solve a lot of problems.

I also think that one main functional base is all anyone needs since we have multiple ways to move over the map, of course that base would have to follow the rules of not being too big or blocking paths or content.

I also agree that each clan only having one alter per religion is the best way to go. It would be nice if they reduced the amount of space required between the alters since the current placement has to be 8 blocks minimum between them.

Smaller top tier benches would be nice but FC seems to want to make them bigger. Also a smaller version of the maproom would be nice, I played once on a private that had a mod that made them smaller.

1 Like

They tend to create lots of lag. Actually, on siptah, since I’ve been rebuilding, I’ve been making small outposts around the map and putting one per religion at each one. My main base is in a high traffic area, and likewise, is the only base without one. I think this helps.

1 Like

Its actually selfish to want other players to play your style. Sometimes things come up and people can be on as often but dont want to lose their builds.

Play the game and dont worry about others. If you want their building spot, go to another server.

2 Likes

You are making the assumption that a person only wants the location to build a base of their own when that is not the case. I think most times it is about one clan/player that has massive builds all over the map, or that they are clearly breaking the rules and nothing is being done about it, or that the base in question is blocking a pathway or causing lag due to the amount of torches or decorations they have littered about (both of which are against the rules).

For me it is not about forcing anyone to play or build the way I think they should it is more about consideration to the fact that other people play on the same server and no one needs 3+ large bases on an official server.

Nope 168 hours is too short for the amount of time you spend on these bases. You might have an emergency on day 5 or 6 of the week that keeps you out. Maybe just a tech problem with your ISP, and oh, all your work is gone. Poof!

I think the reason it is 336 hours now is to retain new players. Maybe it goes back to 168, but that is too short and I don’t see a reason for it. I still play almost every day.

I suppose some players are Decay Timer watching and they see the timer go down, down, down, the 336 hours all the way to 70 or so and then the owner comes back on and oh no, if only the decay timer were 168 hours all this would be mine, MINE! But it wouldn’t. Players are more aware than the OP thinks. I think the decay timer at 336 has been very good for retaining players. Servers are very busy now, except PvP.

By the way the decay timer for your deployed thralls is still 12 days. If you are gone longer they all leave out of boredom!

1 Like

Goodness, of course it’s a problem. That much is extremely obvious.
There are many threads/post on the topic, and Funcom official responses about trying to do better.
Anyways, it’s come to that point; Let’s agree to disagree.
Thanks for your debate :slight_smile:

To be fair, as I understand it’s not intended to be a timer where you log in once weekly to maintain your base. It’s a timer there so that ‘if’ you have an emergency or similar come up you have a week/2-weeks to get back to the game before you lose your base.

The intent I believe was never to provide a mechanism for players to be able keep their structures in-game whilst not actually playing the game.

Players who build the mega-structures are very motivated, they are on every day and likely have a clan. Their bases have been there for years in many cases. They would be unaffected by a 168 hour decay timer. Until they quit Exiles. No, if you want them to change their server lagging bases ways it would take an intervention.

I commiserate that I did not build a little base in the Keyhole ruin at the reservior when I had the opportunity. Now a base that includes the dam, the Keyhole, the far shore, the second tower, is there. They were there for most of their time wiith decay timers at 168.

I never said otherwise. I play almost every day 168 hours or 336 hours, makes no difference. I said events can occur in the real world that would prevent you from logging in and 168 hours does not allow for this.

Then the complaint is the fact that the other player has built stuff.

Total BS here. If its against the TOS and been reported Funcom acts fast. If I can get a ban for a bridge, a massive overbuild breaking the rules will also be acted on.

Says you. I say people should have one near each POI they interact with on a normal basis.

You could not be more incorrect with that statement. The report’s validity does not determine how fast the report is investigated, acted upon and closed. I have one report sitting still open after 17 days for a clear violation of TOS for spamming a river with pillars, fence foundations, and lighthouses for no other purpose than to prevent others from building within the entire grid he has built his base. This is the specific rule he is violating:

Mind you, this is the 2nd time I have reported this infraction. The 1st report went unanswered for 30 days. Then I received the “sorry, we are busy. hope it’s fixed itself”. Well, it didn’t. Guess why? The person logs in every week to reset his hellscape. So if and when Funcom finally wipes his entire grid river land claim, I suspect he will cry that it’s because his build was “too big”. Rarely do people ever think about the possibility that the size of the main build was not the issue, it was how they build all around it. Frankly, being greedy.

I don’t agree that a ban for this should the go-to response for building a bridge. So, I’m on your side there. However, bridges and pathways were explicitly used as an example by Umborls as to what type of buildings are in TOS violation. Does banning you right away make that ok? NO. I’ve stated before in this forum that the communication following wipes needs to be improved.

1 Like

Trust me it is not total BS that for the last several months FC has been more focused on Battlepass and Bazaar than on reports of rules being broken. Tickets are going a month or more before they are being closed even when the bases are clearly going against TOS with such things as blocking pathways, torches and other decorative items being used as land claim, bases with actual foundation land claim, bases spanning more than 1 grid of the map, stairs built in the sides of mountains that are just there so someone does not have to climb a mountain to reach a resource and are not attached to a base (basically a mountain bridge) and the one that I fail to understand how it is even possible is bases without an owner name.

I just like many other players have always had just one base on a server and have never needed one at every POI especially when others are kind enough to place a maproom near the POI, and now with teleports it makes it even less necessary to have more than one fully equipped base…all you need is one base and then place a SMALL build that houses a teleport at any POI that you need. I think most private servers limit their players to only one base and some even limit the size of base you can have.

Bottom line is that it is inconsiderate to the rest of the server population to build multiple huge bases across the map causing lag and a lack of building spots for others. If a person wants to build all over the map or extremely huge then they should consider either a dedicated server or renting their own server.

Exactly. Not to mention, while it takes us 2 weeks to a month to receive a response on a valid report in the meantime new players see these infractions and think “if they are building in X manner then so can I”. So now the map has new problems popping up adding to the original problem. It can be impossible to get a grip on. Even if one infraction is wiped, 3 players in the global chat cry out “I don’t understand why she was wiped, there are X builds like hers all over the place and those are still up!”. Yeah…that’s the problem. It never ends.

I personally won’t ever be in favor of limiting how many bases a person or clan has, and that might be because I’ve yet to see a suggestion/solution that made the most sense for the entire player base and not just someone’s opinion of how the game should be.

However, there is a big issue with clans on PvE that have 7 members each building their own megabase as their home and then when content slows or they get bored they take to building even more places just to have something to do. Now, I’m a proud builder myself. But if I build a design, I intend to use it. Or I dismantle one base, pack it up and move to a new location with a fresh design.

Let me just clarify that I am not saying that players need to do this, or play how I play.

Still, the amount of empty bases I see on both of my servers is mind-blowing. Players build bases and leave them empty for months, never utilizing them as outposts that are even remotely functional. They are just massive castles, maybe with altars. Granted there is no rule about this in the TOS, so in view, any build like this would not be considered a valid report. Just a huge annoyance.

1 Like

Anyway to get back on topic for OP’s post. The 360hr decay timer poses an issue when it comes to pillar and foundation land claim. These photos were taken today on an official PvE server. These pieces normally should have a low decay timer. However, there is a workaround people are using to make the timers much higher, therefore creating land claim that has a ridiculously high timer.

Ive had reports go 6-8 weeks with no action for undermeshers. Video and picture proof.

Comparing land claim abuses to actual exploiting and undermeshing, yup, its way faster.

Yup, they are, and by the technical rule, I broke TOS. But this is where todays society has lost all common sense.

On a server with an average population over the last 120 days of 5 players, does it really matter that much that someone built a bridge? Not only that, but it had been there for nearly 3 years.

I can agree with that, and thats because people are abusing the report system. There is only two things people should be able to report:

1. PVE massive land claim for no reason, walling in people, blocking spots

2. PVP exploiters and undermeshers.

The rest? Grow some skin.

…but…

Wait. Are you upset that people have blocked a passage, forcing you to climb over it, and also mad because someone built stairs over said mountain so you dont have to climb? Im…Im not confused, Im just lost at some people.

Again, your playstyle choice. Not everyone plays like that, and its not against the rules to have multiple bases.

See above reply.

Extremely important to know if we are talking private or official. Im going to say our discussion is about official servers, not private so their rules do not apply here…therefor, if private servers limit builds, it has literally zero bearing on our discussion.

They could, yes. They also can play on officials. So long as the TOS arent broken…hate to say it, but there is little you can do.

Your statement proves they are breaking TOS. You know what to do.

I can see that you are determined to pick apart anything rather than trying to look at that person’s POV because you seem upset that you got in trouble for a bridge even though it was clearly stated that is not allowed in the thread with Umboris. I know that building in this game is fun and I actually have my own dedicated server on which I can build whatever I want and not cause issues for others, I do however like to play on official servers for the community aspect of the game.

The blocking of paths are major issues and go back to the lack of consideration for others point I was trying to make, it is something that most people seem to lack comprehension of.

As I said the stairs were only placed as a way to reach the resources on the top of a mountain because the person that built them did not want to climb the mountain. This is not a stairway to get around a blocked path and it is against the TOS. As quoted in the thread by Umboris “Bridges, roads, elevated paths, and other such structures might serve a practical purpose, or they may be built for aesthetics. Some of these structures may even be intended as a benefit to everyone on the server. However, the presence of such structures also lay claim to the surrounding land. We strongly recommend not building any bridges or roads on Official Servers as they are usually considered an abuse of the claim system.”

My reference to private server rules were just me saying that many servers have that rule and it seems like it works so it should also work for official servers and would clear up the maps a lot. While it is not currently against the rules to have more than one base there is a problem with people building multiple bases that either remain empty or are just decorative spots.

I have reported bases that violate the TOS and there were no problem with the response time or the actions taken until about 2-3 months ago and now tickets stay open for a very long time and then are closed with no action taken or just remain open. I currently have a ticket that has been open for a month now and the only response to it was the automated response that they received my report.

2 Likes

The comparing of land claim abuse to exploiters was done by you, friend. You also missed where I said the current 17 days was a 2nd report:

So, still, not really any faster when it comes to what type of report is filed; land claim, exploits, or otherwise. A report is a report. Unless you have better proof than what you feel is faster, we can all only speculate here.

I see often enough people complain that pathways are blocked, that they dont realize they can climb over…but this was the first Ive seen people complain about a walkway over a mountain. That just…low. I mean, you complained about both sides of your own argument.

And yeah, Ill pick apart a debate when you have 5-6 points in it.

No, not upset at all at the ban. In fact, I said long long time ago that Id laugh my ass off if it was to happen - which I did. I doubt you read my thread on it, but of the 25-30 people I used to play Conan with over the last 5 years, every single one had the same reaction “What, are you serious?? LOL”. Everyone laughed. But this is off topic.

Yes, and you complained about an easy way over the mountain. Heres a question - How does it truly affect you or your gameplay? If you were going to build there, at that exact spot, I can see you not wanting it. But that goes back to one of my first points that people complain about land claim because they want that spot. If its not that…dont lie to me that a walkway up a mountain lags you or the server. I wont buy it. If all you are doing is running around looking for things you dont like or think break the TOS and reporting them, you have successfully contributed to the abuse of the reporting system, since in no way does that affect your gameplay - your simply wanting to get others banned.

Privates are indeed free to do many other things. Officials should not follow suit. They are their own unique servers that some enjoy, and some dont. People are also free to play on whichever they want.

^^ causes this:

Seriously. If people arent lagging down to 1 FPS, they really shouldnt be spam reporting everything they think breaks the TOS. If it doesnt affect you, move along. If it is lagging everyone that goes by it, then Id have to agree there could be a problem.

Yes, meaning Funcom acts on land claim issues faster then undermeshers. In my case, it was just after Siptah release and it ended the same way- unanswered. No action was ever taken, and it did indeed solve itself, when the server died for about 6 months and no one played.

Agree 100%. Everything we discuss on here is speculation when it comes to the rules, bans, issues etc, because a certain someone closes the threads before Funcom gets a chance to reply (which I know they never will)

I’m saying that is just not true, or even factually proven to be the case which you would understand had you been following our conversation from the beginning. Even by your own examples:

Then I give my own anecdotal evidence for land claim spam:

Okay, so 30 days, in general, is 4 weeks. 17 days is just over 2 weeks. 4+2=6.

So, given your own example of a ticket taking 6-8 weeks for a response, and my own tickets just as much time; We can speculate that neither a hacking/exploit report is faster than a land claim report, Nemisis.

Agreed!

1 Like