Decoration: Gargoyles and wall carvings

There is a lot of interior wall decorations, but we could benefit from few outside wall ones too. What about some gargayles you are able to put on the walls, or house corners? Howabout lionhead, dragon, demon, bear etc wooden and stone faces you could put to the walls. Perhaps just decoration that is runes, shapes and skulls too. Let us make those empty walls stand out.

9 Likes

Oh! This would be wonderful! Yes please!

The idea is good. Question is what types of decorations exist in Hyboria :grinning:

1 Like

Gargoyles not so sure, or we will end with gothic vampire-castles.

But wall decoration, yes, of course. Look at the face at the passage in the jungle. I could well imagine sculptures and carvings in this style, and fitting very well the game and lore.

A witch-queen mask made out of stone on a wall, as recip you can learn after you fought her in the dungeon.
Why not a sculptor-thrall after all to make them ? Could be an other end-game occupation, some decorations beeing big, and needing rare stuff maybe, or a special knowledge.

But also smaller decos, for starter-bases, desert, jungle, and nothern biomes maybe different styles.

1 Like

Nice, creative suggestions

Gargoyle does not necessarily mean Gothic church style, witch queen mask by itself can be gargoyle. Wikipedia says following: β€œIn architecture, a gargoyle is a carved or formed grotesque with a spout designed to convey water from a roof and away from the side of a building, thereby preventing rainwater from running down masonry walls and eroding the mortar between.”

Here is Hellenistic gargoyle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GorgoyleSharp.jpg

I would say they would be any sort of figure fitting thematically. I suppose even the Nordheim dragon heads on end of buildings can be considered as gargoyles.

I say give us gargoyles of all different cultures to hang from sides and roofs of our buildings. Pretty please with sugar on the top?

2 Likes

Would love to see Gargoyles, I was about to make a thread and saw this!