DedicatedServer not responding (since Update 41)

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

90% of the time CE does not find my dedicated server (1.0.28)
I have to restart the server and CE a dozen times before I can finaly connect
CE does not find the local IP and not the public IP
Entering both IPs in steam/server I only get the message “server not responding”

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. update CE to latest patch
  2. updated dedicated server
  3. start server
  4. start CE
  5. see the server is not available and cant connect to it

Additional information:
after half a dozen restarts, today, CE was able to connect to the local IP provided by the server, after 5! minutes hanging in there (CE could not connect to the public IP).
When leaving and hitting “play online”, there comes a “checking permissions” message for roughly 20seconds beforte the server list open (that was not there before the patch).
Also, about 50% of the time when CE starts it says failed to check and that I can only play offline. But when hitting play online the “checking permissions” starts again.
Btw I got BattleEye uninstalled because, why have it, I only play on my server. Also I thought you removed that denuvo crap (sorry no other words possible for denuvo).

Hi,
I have the same problem.
After installing the update, the servers in the server list were on “not responding” but in the list in the game you could search, find and connect them.
After installing the hotfix the connection fails with the message “Lost connection to host” and also in the console I don’t see a login on the server as it was before the update.
NAT rules, settings, and IP addresses are unchanged.
Windows Server 2012 R2 in a data center.
Ports 7777, 7778, and 27015 are open.
For the other servers 7779 7780 7781 7782 27016 27017
Everything ran smoothly until the installation of the updates.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.