Defeated by chairs - bug

bug

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE-Conflict]
Region: [America]

[Chairs. I keep getting stuck in chairs. It does not happen all the time and it is hit and miss. Usually happens with the comfortable chair or something with an open back. I get stuck sitting forward. There is no other option than logging out and back in. ]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Find a chair
  2. Interact with the chair
  3. Sit in the chair
  4. Permanently remain in the chair

I can conquer all world bosses. But chairs are the true evil.

One of my neighbors on #1502 had the same bug with his character. It was a few days ago, but I think we were both sitting on Aquilonian Divans. I was able to get up without issue, but his character must have sat in superglue because they were stuck and had to logout to fix the issue. Meanwhile I was able to repeatedly sit/stand with no problems.

Happens 5 times a week. That comfortable chair is so comfortable that I refuse to move.

Sounds like me after lunch, wonder if it’s a Herman Miller chair… :wink:

I feel like we had this bug a long time ago…does anyone notice this happening on TestLive or is it just on live? It sounds like it happens kinda sporadically so if anyone has a repro case or any idea on what may cause that it’d be much appreciated! Meanwhile I’ll look and see if we have an older bug on this.

That is what I was thinking.
Wonder if it might be connected to a change in the character’s size not relating well to some chair designs.

Seems to happen more depending on the angle your character is when you hit e.

So if I am not directly facing the chair it seems to happen more often. Happens most with the comfortable chair and I have gotten stuck in the khitan chair as well.

Less issues with the throne.

Still appears to be the angle you are facing. I have duplicated it also if the xhair is to close to a table.

It was never gone. I have this bug randomly since EA.

I appreciate the info! I’ve forwarded it over. Hopefully they can reproduce this and see exactly what’s causing it.

Fixed!

It was @Cauthey who figured this one out for me. I mostly play in 1st person. Ever since, I make sure my character is in 3P before sitting, and it’s never happened again. Is this different?

* I set my “mouse wheel roll” to toggle 1st or 3rd person, so it’s basically second-nature.

So I tested further. This seems to happen in the chairs that cause you to sit more relaxed or pondering. I have had it on the Divan, but it seems to happen more on the chairs with open (Non Solid backs) I got stuck 2 times last evening and had to log off and an on again.

Dodge rolling or switching in and out of first person mode does not resolve.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.