Deleted save files

My hard drives got burned along with whole pc. Now i built a new one, downloaded my game and backed it up. 90 hours are gone. No save files, no desire to redo and recollect all that crap i had there. Any possible restoration?

If we talking about singleplayer, the saves are stored locally on your hard drive.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I lost some 300 hours of work in a similar incident.

But here’s the thing I learned: getting back to where you left is a lot faster because even if yuo need to start from scratch, your own knowledge and experience with the game is still there. You know where you want to build your base, you know where to find materials, you know which opponents to avoid, and you know the optimal order in which to start upgrading things. You’ll be back to where you left in a couple of evenings.

Here’s another thing I learned: manually back up your save game files every now and then, especially when you reach an important milestone (recruit a rare T4 crafter, find a good legendary item, etc.).

Data recovery from a damaged hard drive may be possible, but difficult and potentially expensive. Depending on what else you lost, it may or may not be worth it.

1 Like

If your talking about fire damage that was bad enough to destroy your machine, then recovery is unlikely, IMO. Your best chance is to pay a professional who specializes in recovering things from damaged drives, and even then there is no guarantee.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.