Dev Stream: April 30th, 11am EDT/5pm CEST

Love the look of the new DLC. Because there is not a lot of water for boats, I get why there isn’t any in this DLC, despite the fact that it is designed for seafaring.

I was disappointed they didn’t ask about a possible RPG themed DLC.

I wonder if they aren’t doing a season 3 DLC is because they are waiting for the new map. Hopefully, the new map has lots of water and the previous DLC all work for the new map.

1 Like

There have been some changes with the patch currently on TestLive. They are apparently looking into it:

balancing

• Stamina cost for dodging has been reduced for medium and light armors.
  • Redesigned the Accuracy 40 perk. It is now called Flattening Shot and will allow your heavy shots to push back or knock down targets.
1 Like

Well, we have Alex there as well who seemed to be more of a PvP type of guy. Some balancing was needed. We can have Alex balancing the PvP and Scott looking after PvE/RP.

1 Like

Wishful thinking, but if you look at the over all progression of the game over the last few patches, it is moving farther and farther from PVP siege, and more into PVE building style, and any balanced PVP has to be done thru RP private servers, where rules are clearly laid out to remove some of the cheesier ways to PVP, ie, no complete wiping, rebuild protection time for the defenders after raid is done, sometimes even advanced notice to admins so they can “officiate” to insure fairness. And all the while, you have to think how close of friends are my enemies to the admins…

I like the idea of having a slider to determine follower count per player.

Honestly, it’d be great to get a 0-4 slider for this. If mount counts as a follower, then that’d leave up to 3 thralls aside from that. Or you could just have a server with 0 as a rougher version without access to help.

A slider that could tweak the roll speed would be nice as well. Maybe we’ll eventually get it.

3 Likes

Dont panic the inevitable wave of nerfs and rebalances is still coming. Here is a recent statement from Ignasis on Reddit. :roll_eyes:

This would be a welcomed addition. Another idea which I have been promoting is to have Agility also impact upon the speed and the distance of the dodge roll. If Agility is going to govern a players ability to dodge, then it should govern all aspects of the dodge, not just the recovery time.

1 Like

It’s probably too much to hope that a focus on PVE will fix the assorted BS they have inflicted on us in the past few updates.

Blarg… I always miss these. XD

1 Like

I’m glad to see they’re taking action to balance the thrall power, this is certainly something that needs to change, and having more control over your thralls to tell them when to attack and when to stop it’s amazing.
The new DLC is sweet too, i love the aesthetics and many of the placeables that comes with it, it has something that bugs me though, too many circular patterns, hope there are not many trypophobics playing the game lol.

What disappoints me is that they did not talked much about many other things, i understand that that wasn’t the time to talk about it, but perhaps a little hope would have been nice.
i don’t think this next patch would solve many of the problems we’re facing in the official servers but hopefully with the new ToC people,will behave a little…

New cosmetic DLC really looks like the Aquilonian just edited.

I like the phalanx armor.

Thank you for the stream, hope it will not take this long before the next one. As far as dlc goes, bring it on. I have a temple that begs for those pillars. Oh, and word got in from Ymir, he wants a Nordheimer dlc, else he will smite some infidels at random.

This is the first stream I 've seen since a long time and I feel so happy .Maybe because of the Greek influence dlc , maybe because of Junior and Kalypso , maybe because Nicole covered so beautifully the position of our beloved Jens , maybe because of the mounts changes or the following 2 system , your pick , because I loved them all . Especially when I saw that this people working under this situations , so hard , to make our gaming experience so perfect . I don’t know the forum ages , what I know is that I am 44 years old and if something is not where it supose to be in my house I get upset , so I will congratulate once more Mr Junior for his efforts and his dedication under the circumstances , I feel you and 1.000.000 thank you .

3 Likes

Just finished the stream. Man, May 7th can’t get here fast enough. I’m pleased to have a date but at the same time…6 daysis going to be an eternity. Lol

Overall pleased with what was announced. Anything that furthers along RP elements I’m all for. And I’m digging the new DLC.

In general, given how robust the options are for CE, I’d really like if they just kept adding sliders to leave the game in the hands of the player as far as options go. It’s one of the things I really like about CE is how malleable the game is to fit so many styles.

1 Like

These are great ideas, but what i am referring to is the stream “feel”. And the fact that consideration to add even more followers to the player going around the map means that even if they balance the current iteration, it seems it will still be more about allowing a faceplant style when it comes to PVP, where i let my set of thralls beat yours. Again, this may be where a majority will go, but on a personal level, it is not the way i envision Conan’s world when it comes to being a Conan-esque player. We are in an exiles land, but we are not truly exiled, but instead building an Army. If that is the case, then the PVP needs to transform more into RTS, and just remove the melee between players completely. But i digress. That along with the console shortcomings when it comes to adminning just makes the game fall further from fun, and more of a habit. And as many of my clan has now moved away preemptively because they feel the melee PVP is being removed more and more, i really have no reason to log in anymore. Haven’t in 10 days because of their absence.

Wath the stream, and you will see my comments are about direction, not current. It has nothing to do with HP of bosses, etc. It has more to do with the fact that they are going to do a pass on balance for the mount + 1 feature, it will be minor. Then they did not say a hard no to adding even more, so mount +2,+3,+4 may be seen over time. AS for SP, This is way beyond that now with a lot of competitive gamers who played Conan. The majority of those that enjoy melee feel the game is moving farther and farther away from that, and seige has not been truly addressed in the full 2 years. the only ways to raid a base are explosives or trebs. And both have not had any significant additions. Arrows seemed nice, until you realize the time sink they are to get in. That alone made off-lining even more the way to go, because arrows are cheaper and more controllable for apex bases, and i can spam shoot while i play a phone app game doing it. And trebs were bumped in some angles and distance, but then nerfed to take 1-2 hours to set up, only to have them be so weak, they could be destroyed in mere minutes. And that are the only 2 features addressed in 2 years. Oh yeah we lost 1, the avatars. And not once has it been addressed how to make melee part of all this. Naked bombing, off-lining, and ineffecient trebs are not going to instigate melee battles at castle walls.

1 Like

Another anti PVP path is city life. As much as RP and PVE will love this, PVP will have absolutely no use for it. And Scott seems like that is something he wants from his reaction to the question. That will take a lot of developement and progarmming resources, so again, less time on things like PVP melee.

Agree 100 with this assessment. Nothing in the stream even remotely sees issues with PVP officials the way they are.

I think you are smarter than I am, i should have shut it down on the game months ago. But my friends kept pulling me in, and i enjoy playing along side them, and the aesthetics so much. But now they too are slowly migrating away, so now i may be taking a sabbatical from the game. Still need to replay MSG V. anyways Was 80% done on PS3, and got the game for PS4, only to not be able to transfer the save file. So i may be going on that journey for awhile. Only MGS i haven’t completed.

I understand the move to somewhere, helps with the door blocking etc…but the point and attack was already in place, called an bow shot to ignite agro.