Developer Stream Recap: March 12th, 2021

Not sure which boss or bosses yet, but ya probably 1 fragment per Surge. I was able to confirm with a Funcom employee and via the data tables in the dev kit that they should and do indeed drop though.

No, still swirling chaos (as per the recap). We are talking about what drops as loot in the Surge.

Itā€™s a Taskmaster. And it was knockoutable until people realized it was basically giving them free Tier 4 Taskmasters.

For RP, you could just take a fighter or archer and rename it as a ā€œJailer.ā€

That said, the new Thrall Rescue system is a cool concept but itā€™s also, as Dennis put it in the recap, a bit simpler then their ultimate goals that they have thought about doing (whatever those are). Thrall Rescue system being improved will now join the Purge on the high on my list of things Iā€™d like to see improved.

Ya, thatā€™d be cool. The Heavy Attack 1 with an Axe is pretty close to that already.

For a little back end knowledge, for the Sprints its basically a condition met in order for the combo/montage/animation to be accessed. This is something they added in 2.2 (conditions), but didnā€™t fully start to utilize until they added the Sprint attacks in 2.3. But really, Sprint attacks themselves are just barely scratching the surface. Thereā€™s a lot of custom things they could do with that (they will of course have to make all the various codes for those conditions). Pretty excited to see what they add in future updates, as my Javelin Improved mod really benefits from all these extra new toys.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Iā€™d love to have a fully developed thrall rescue system. PLEASE, Funcom. PLEASE!!
(maybe a healer thrall instead of a taskmaster ā€“ recruited, rather than enslaved, such as from the Camp of the Castaways or some other Merchant (for a modest fee, of course).

And yes, an improved Purge system would be awesome, too.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been hearing a lot of conflicting info about food/cooking. So if any of yā€™all PC players can give some clarification Iā€™ll appreciate it.

What role does it play currently? Can you still use it to heal at least outside of combat, or is it now mainly for the hunger meter?

Yes, you can. There are three main ways of healing:

• Eating food will give you the ā€œsatedā€ buff, which regenerates N points of health every 3 seconds, where N depends on the food you ate. The ā€œsatedā€ buff lasts for a long time, but it will get cancelled as soon as you take damage.
  • Drinking a healing potion will give you high regeneration rate for a short time. However, it involves an animation that slows down your movement. If you take damage during that animation, you donā€™t get the healing. After the healing buff is in effect, damage wonā€™t cancel it.
  • Using bandages involves a long animation, usually 9.5 seconds, during which you canā€™t move or attack. The healing effect happens during this animation and stops when the animation is done. You can only interrupt the animation during the first 2.5 seconds. After that, youā€™re locked into the animation until it ends.

So yes, the food is still relevant and useful, it just canā€™t be spammed during a PVP fight.

2 Likes

50% of armor is awful
Just give us Stygian dlc, Jesus Christ!

Thanks for the clarification. Itā€™s not unreasonable, it reminds of how some of the older mmos handled food and item healing.
Valheim handles food in a similar way. Except the regen doesnā€™t stop when hit, but it is slow so you still have to be careful.

1 Like

Multi I can not say how much these recaps mean to me! One of the top services offered up by this community. I can always count on combing through the recap for things I missed albeit from lack of hearing something or having to take a quick break. Thank you for all you do and to all the other contributors!

4 Likes

It means a lot to me to see these messages. It takes a LOT of effort for me to do these, and I often forget that people do find these recaps helpful. Seeing that appreciation reminds me that the hard work is worth it and people really benefit from it. Thank you for the kind words.

13 Likes

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this.

5 Likes

I have on the server began to fly mobs when online from 8 people to point 0.

I would suggest if you want more info to watch some of the great videos explaining many of the Leyshrines, surges, wild surges, and so on made by Wak - https://www.youtube.com/wak4863

You will find most of the information on his channel concerning these new process.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply mate, Ive been struggling to make time for the forum lately.

That is a shame, as from a RP standpoint it would have been a nice touch. Although I can see the implications as far as balance goes. I guess, that with them actually being Taskmasters I wouldnt have been able to set them to ā€˜guardā€™ my cells anyway. Ultimately it just a first world problem, and there are far more urgent ones gripping the community as we speak! Like not enough Crom goodies. :mountain_snow: :metal:

But I agree about the rescue system, and perhaps it will still have some room to grow post implementation. But its a very nice touch, and one I certainly wont complain about.

I think the sprint attacks were a great move, and glad you like the concept of a jump attack. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Two others I suggested at the time of the 2 aforementioned ones were a Downwards Thrust, and a Charged Attack. The downwards tbrust would be handy to dispatch unconscious enemies and clean up our ā€˜clutterā€™ of bodies from Thrall hunting. I just feel that with some weapons, eg- the 1 handed sword, it can prove tricky trying to line the downed enemies up. The charged attack was just an ability to hold down the heavy attack for say 2-3 seconds for a single, extra powered, strike. No idea if these are technically plausible or not.

Some very interesting facts there Multigun, and if these are barely scratching the surface, then I cant wait to see what they have up their sleeves for future additions.

Although sadly I will never get to use it, it still sounds interesting. What does your Javellin mod do or change?

Ps- The pleasure and the privilege are ours. Im sure that Im not the only data peasant who plays Conan Exiles, and these Recaps are so utterly invaluable people like me who cannot watch 1-2 hrs worth of video. I wont get too flowery, but they really are such a godsend. Thanks Multigun. :raised_hands:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.