Did the dlc announcement anger more people then it made happy?

I would bet my life that if the developers of CE could press a button that made all those bugs disappear. They would. Sometimes bugs take days, sometimes, weeks, or years. I had a bug in the current project I’m on that lasted three years. I didn’t sit there every day at work trying to fix that bug. I would come back to it periodically to see if a new solution had an impact. If not, then I moved onto something I -could- fix.

I can tell you this, you are utterly false when you say they are ignoring bugs.

But at the end of the day its hard to take you seriously. Here’s why. You said you have game breaking bugs for a year and a half. That’s 18 months? Seriously? I won’t go 18 hours on a game that has game breaking bugs before I dump it and move on. And I have 4200+ hours here. Maybe my experience is unique compared to yours.

But no, I think you’re heavily exaggerating your experiences by a lot. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here. You’d be happily playing some other game. Not sitting here staring at a computer screen with a broken game you can’t play properly for 18 months.

8 Likes

It would appear that people completely overlook most posts on here.

I play on both PS4 and PC and I have NONE of these bugs, glitches, issues, etc. Do you know what that means? It means the ‘problem’ you are having, others are not. Do you know what that means in terms of tracking down and fixing said bug, glitch, issue, etc.? It means it becomes a difficult to nearly impossible task.

Ranting about bugs YOU have had over the years does nothing.

5 Likes

and again you avoid the main theme by surrounding it with side quotes. Whatever, i am done. There is nothing to achieve here. Be assured this is my last post to this. I will not disturb further.

What are you talking about?

The main issue is bugs existing, yes? Not everyone has those bugs which means fixing them is not easy and can take a long time.

What did I miss?

That they dared launch another DLC?

3 Likes

Basically yeah. Something-something-they-shouldn’t-release-DLC-until-all-of-the-bugs-are-gone is a pretty standard drumbeat in all of the social media areas that Funcom posts on.

And then posting data to show that there are only 18,000 or so players left as some kind of proof.

Its a four year old game. From my stance (as a game developer) if my game has 18,000 players actively playing it at peak four years later, that is a pretty awesome win in my book. Very few games are going to reach world of warcraft subscription levels for years and years and quite honestly most games and game dev teams aren’t striving for that.

6 Likes

Not mention Steam doesn’t even count PS4 and Xbox Player bases…

Replace Funcom with Any Dev name…

Maybe one day, they’ll fix 0kb save bug for Skyrim SE, I doubt it’ll be part of Anny Version coming out in NOV.
Or Bethesda will fix Bow bugs in FO76…

Argument is so old, and well beyond even Funcom… People seem stuck on idea likes its a Funcom issue. >_>

4 Likes

One great thing about “public” forums is that when a poster leaves in a huff, we can and should talk about them. I left the game for some time because I was working around some vision problems. I guess I could be a suitable one to measure blindness.

When I left, it was traumatic taking thralls anywhere. Especially up elevators. Simply Following used to kill them, I wrote elegies about it. When I had to quit, the game felt uneven and quite unfinished.

We are now on the eve of another great QoL patch, after an already excellent patch prior. And we have 3.0 to look forward to.

Subjectively, the game has never felt better. It has looked better, but that is something they’re dialing in. Sure there are issues, but objectively, it has never played better.

We need more people to return to the game. I think if they do, they’ll evangelize like me: we’re closer to an incredible experience with Conan Exiles than ever before.

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what they wanted to achieve. Stop people from playing a game?

This whole thread is really intriguing and I admire everyone’s patience to hold up a discussion of such…varying quality.

I have to agree. Even though I lost around 70 leveled thralls to a decay issue the other day, I still like that game. I think it’s not wise to get emotionally attached to any game in a way that it’s malfunction would irritate you on a great scale.

So, like many, the dlc announcement made me happy. :yum:

5 Likes

For the overall game as a whole, I’d have to agree. There are certainly elements that aren’t working right, or aren’t working as well as they have in the past, but overall things do keep moving forward. Sometimes it feels a bit like 34 steps forward, 33 steps back (with several random ones to each side for good measure), but the progress is there.

Running through the volcano area recently, I was struck not only by how stunning it is (and the new lava texture is just fantastic - somehow so much more threatening) - but also by the fact that my followers didn’t die, and I was no longer even worrying about it as a possibility, I could just enjoy the surroundings and worry about what I’m doing rather than constantly having to check on them. And sure, some of that comes form the simple fix (no more lava damage) but it also comes from their pathing and general behaviour. It may not be perfect, but it is noticeably improved in the time I’ve played.(since just before Riders, for what that’s worth).

There are some elements in the direction game changes have taken that I disagree with (some personal taste, a few that I think are maybe not great decisions) - but then, I don’t know the reasons, or where they plan to go in future so, as long as I’m still enjoying the journey, I’ll look to see what we end up with.

Interesting - I’ve seen a few newcomers to the game who are really enjoying it (lacking preconceived notions), but I can see how people who’ve had a long time off might have a good perspective on the sheer scale of improvement, where those of us who have seen it happen incrementally have perhaps lost track of quite how much improvement there has been.

A very healthy mindset. I must admit I don’t always manage it, but I try.

Me too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m glad for the DLC.
The build pieces and gear look nice.
A business has to generate revenue.
Also, it’s being released along with a patch with (what they think and we hope) will fix several bugs.
As I understand it, the next several patches are aimed at bug fixes and optimizations.
That’s awhile before 3.0 arrives with the new mystery content.

I’m ok with there being both new material while they are working on fixing existing material. I’m also entirely uncertain as to whether the team that makes the new DLC is the same team dealing with troubleshooting or base game functionality. In some studios, these groups are compartmentalized.

As for console vs PC concerns.
From the last Livestream, more than half of the players are on Console.
If the game is going to be sold for consoles, it should function on consoles.
Full stop.

6 Likes

$9.99 USD, not bad.
I just purchased it.
I am happy.
If you are angry, oh well.

giphy

8 Likes

How so? I’ve been playing without any issues since release. All of my teammates have been without issues either.

Another spot where I have to ask, what are you talking about? I’m clan mates and I have all the DLCs and use them without issue.

I think you need a new system. I’m on PS5 and have ZERO problems with any of the things you’ve mentioned. None of my teammate have issues either. Well, none of my PS5 teammates. My PS4 teammates have issues but that’s clearly not the devs fault. They game is too powerful for older gen systems. If you’re on PC with these issues, you’re so vague about, you may need more memory or a GPU.

3 Likes

Why would they need to mention server wipes again? They posted rule updates and warned anyone that signed on to the game. There is a big old notice when you sign on. Read it. Land spamming is done. If you do it they will wipe your base. If ruins the game play for everyone and causes huge loads on the server which causes crashes.

Build your base as needed to survive and be ready to defend it rather than prevent people from attacking it. Personally I’d get rid of land claim all together. With the exception of building pieces, there is no reason I shouldn’t be able to place a campfire, bedroll or even a treb where ever then heck one wants. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

Just going to say this made me laugh so hard I’m crying. This could literally be used on the forums in 95% of posts. Sometimes even for me. My gripes of the game are more about leveling the playing field than, “oh I hit them twice and they’re not dead. Fix your game” type of BS. LOL

2 Likes

Actually I just read your suggestion post and totally agree with it. There is so much this game could be.

2 Likes

I’d agree with this.

1 Like

hehe yes thats whay they need to talk about it, to inform all and to clearifie the fluffy unclrar rules. Its rules no one know when you brake most off them unless its a total spam landfill!

Dont say they had to spend alot off time on it but atleast bring it up and make some on it!

How can you agree whit a bad fluffy rule system?

Because I don’t see it as bad probably.

4 Likes

Whats so good whit rules that dont say when you brake the rule?