Disable Human Flesh

They probably have this problem too!
They cleaver’d their victim and now they have to deal with their limbs.

@Kanza1 I like smacking enemies with their dead friends’ legs to death at low levels.

4 Likes

Also you can decorate your base with arms and legs in weapons racks. Sorta cool in a disgusting way.

6 Likes

of course , my “prison tower” and my yog pit are decorated with those :wink:

2 Likes

And I still want to be able to harvest the heads of my opponents with their names on them. In rust this has become reality a long time ago (sry, funcom, just saying :tipping_hand_man:). In CE this would make much more sense, because you have the time to display them with all the passion required :grin:

Wouldn´t this also make a lot of sense and be a motivation to battle each other at arena flags in PvE?

3 Likes

A friend did that in one of her bases. She put up a couple of triple-slot weapon display racks, filled them with arms, and put up a sign saying “FREE HUGS” :laughing:

10 Likes

just put em in the fluid press… take blood , and put it in a firepit!!! enjoy ur bloody sausages!!! :slight_smile:

Nice.

ahahha i had a magnificent builder (and friend) on my server that used to have a castle base with cut arms and legs hanging around in weapon racks followed by a single sign with hilarious writings explaining each dismember part hanging (like “no hands in the nose”, or “i said no hands in the air” etc)

ik its kinda black humour but worked really well in CE enviroment and it was hilarious to read!
(cheers @charmaine)

4 Likes

as mentioned above ->

yog pit :

prison tower :

3 Likes

I like it .just learned Yog over the weekend. Also I put a advanced tool kit on my yog axe no extra blessed meat but a whole lot of arms and legs. Have to find a safe place for my permanent yog pit.

Now we need Antler trophy, but Arms with sign below it…

2 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time I got attacked while farming religious items and my encumberance maxed out because of human body parts, I would buy a new game.

1 Like

I just throw all the human bits in the compost pile.

2 Likes

I always fancied beating someone to death with their own arms or legs.

3 Likes

It’s only annoying to someone that’s too lazy to hit the drop item button. I suppose you’d like creatures you kill to only drop Crom Swords or the item you’re specifically looking for? Come on man. You’re chopping up a person. You’re going to have parts. And for your information, arms and legs are actually weapons and the human flesh is a good resource.

Maybe the developers thought you were smart enough to make your own choice as to what you want to keep and discard?

3 Likes

Swords of Crom? Really? You might have better luck using your hyperbole and strawmans versus someone else.

As for the “You’re chopping up a person. You’re going to have parts.” argument…

That might make sense for harvesting someone with a Yog Cleaver (wait that already gives magic flesh), or even the Set Knife (wait that already gives you their heart), but whacking someone’s corpse with an Ankh or pricking them with a dainty Derketo knife and getting hides, legs, arms, and human flesh makes no sense.

Furthermore, doing so devalues the role of skinning knives and cleavers. Players don’t have to make a decision on whether to farm for blood/leather, or grind out their shrines because the current setup with religious tools makes it a no-brainer at the cost of filling up your inventory with [what for many of us is] junk. On neither Siptah nor the Exiled Lands, can I even recall the last time I needed to harvest regular hides or specifically farm flesh for blood because both are yielded in such overwhelming quantities from a single Leyshrine Surge or human Purge.

2 Likes

Getting the appropriate “soul stuff” (lingering essence, human heart, sliver of the unfulfilled, etc.) seems like it’s going to be messy no matter which deity and which tool we’re talking about. There’s bound to be gore and body parts. Yes, even for Mitra, as long as the process involves whacking a corpse with it, instead of maybe waving the ankh above it in a mystical, ritual movement.

What doesn’t make a lot of sense is that the process puts those in your inventory. Getting a certain thing in your inventory implies that your character is interested in obtaining it while performing the action you’re performing. Flesh, arms and legs might make sense for Yog, maybe Set, maybe Jhebbal Sag, but definitely makes no sense for Mitra, Ymir or Derketo. Why would a priest of Mitra want the gore?

On the other hand, I don’t really need it to make sense. I’m willing to go with it, because it’s useful, for the following reason:

I don’t have to specifically farm for blood, either, and I’m glad I don’t. The game has already become a lot grindier than it used to be, and I really don’t feel the need to add another grind. Just imagining the “I’m running low on blood sausages for my sabretooth, I guess I should go summon a Surge” scenario makes me wince and roll my eyes.

1 Like

Beyond the annoyance factor of dumping out stuff I don’t want, this highlights the absurdity of it. With the cleaver, skinning knife, etc. you’re getting what you specifically set out to. Only with the religious tools is it predominantly extraneous stuff.

I look at it as a matter of time spent. The amount of time I spend dumping out arms, legs, and human flesh vastly outweighs the time I would need to spend using a cleaver instead of a religious tool on the rare (I mean super rare) occasions where I might actually need human flesh for blood. Also, if someone needs that much blood, wouldn’t they be better off switching to a different tool after harvesting the soul if they need both?

2 Likes

I guess I should have clarified a bit. I’m not really disagreeing with you in general. What you said makes all the sense. If Funcom changed this, I wouldn’t complain, at least not about that change specifically.

It’s just that I’m getting tired of Siptah’s grind. I’m only hanging onto Siptah because it’s early access, so I expect that there will be future content to make it worthwhile. Even thinking of a change that adds a new grind makes me feel tired :confused:

3 Likes

Now that’s a whole other thread (or collection of threads). :sweat_smile: And yeah, I definitely get that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes