Disappearing Food with Thralls and Pets

The problem is that because the food disappears you have to feed the thrall one at a time and then again when you notice the buff has gone (if you notice) - you now can’t stack food to keep the buff up.

Yes, definitively need a fix to make some stacks stay again for the buff over time, or when you’re not around.

It’s just an intermediat solution when going out with a pet, or while a purge attack.

1 Like

This started happening to me today (May 2nd, 2019) with all my pets and thralls. I’m on 2 different official servers and it’s happening to ALL of them. It doesn’t matter what kind of food or how much I put on them.

It also doesn’t show the food icon on the pets when I’m looking in their inventory. All of this was working fine yesterday and today it’s messed up.

I didn’t have a patch or update today, so I’m thinking this has to be a server issue.

1 Like

I have a server via G Portal, and my thrall hunger system is on, yet I am experiencing the same thing posted here. I hope it is fixed so that it remains an option. It was the only system in place to dissuade massive thrall armies at all.

Unfortunately for you @Kryndle, Funcom disabled the death through hunger mechanism back in March 2019 for PC and a couple of weeks later for PS4 & Xbox…
Thrall and pet death is now linked only to a decay timer of when ANYONE from the clan who owns the thralls/pets last logged in.
These are the settings you can alter in the server ini files to decide how long after someone has last logged in that all their thralls/pets die are:

ThrallDecayTime

DisableThrallDecay

And it’s NOT linked to proximity … so if you log in anywhere in the map ALL your thralls & pets have their decay reset to the max in the server settings …

2 Likes

This is a bigger problem for me. I am using a rhino caravan as a mule to transport my things. When I went to my fishing hut to gather all that was there… to my surprinse, all fish I tried to place in my Rhino for transport just dissappeared. I didn’t want him to eat it, just transport it, but with the new patch, this is not possible anymore.

I understand that the feeding mecanics has been disable, but since thralls and pet have invetory, we should be able to use it.

So even though the hunger system is on the thralls wouldn’t die from it. That’s horrible. FC needs to make this something we can choose to have :frowning:

I had the same issue Ecaps79 , Also all my thrall bowls and pet feeding boxes are draining SUPER fast, so they are in fact eating it but ALL of it at the same time. This is wasting resources and time for me and my Clanmates, Please fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exact !

Thralls and pets feeding was removed a while ago, like Kwalya said. In this patch wath chenged is the server-settings.

this one now here.
Previously there was lot more sliders.

Also when we take a look at the pets.
Here we have a camel. And like we can see, camels, and all herbivore hold the food. All is fine. But if you take a look at the still existing hunger icon, it’s on 67/100.
But no worries, it’s not going down, and not goin up nor, this camel has food in inventory since a long time, and was still feed.

Let’s take a look at some others.
Her a greater panther.

Pet has no food in inventory, but received 3 stacks of meat just before.
But again, hunger icon still on 67/100. It’s not hungry, but fine.
It’s just the icon.

Now let’s look at a fight.

Here we see a sandreaper in action. And you can all see the buff.
Sandreaper just received before some human flesh.
But again, inventory is emtpy just after giving food. And hunger icon also like all other on 67/100.

There was some settings removed.
And like i see there is a problem with some food, especially meat, flesh, all carnivore food, while all herbs, fibres, berries will stay.
Effect seems identic, it’s more a visual thing.

All two, and carnivore and herbivores receive the buff if they had some food previously.

Sure hard to tell so when to feed, and what is remaining, and i can understand the trouble of most players with that situation.

Hope this helps bit, and give some infos more.

1 Like

Onlien Private
BUG
PVE
NA

FOOD not lasting in Thrall Pot

Fully loaded Thrall pot. 2+ days of food for all.

Come back 2 hours later, no one has food. It is all gone

1 Like

Our food is disappearing off pets also - Honey off of bears and spoiled meat off of bugs… Whether it needs to be in there or not it is still disappearing… co-op game.

Thralls and pets don’t no longer need food.
They can just recive some to provide them with a boost for fights.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/food-dissapears-from-thrall-inventory-so-cant-give-buff/66723/18

What Vattande wrote about food and thralls/pets is correct … instead death of thralls and pets is related to two specific settings in the server files:

DisableThrallDecay

And

ThrallDecayTime

Funcom has done a really poor job releasing the changes around thrall/pet feeding and death. Not sure if Funcom has incorporated those two settings into the GUI with this latest update, but they hadn’t done so back in March 2019 when they created them and disabled death by starvation. (Though from screenshots Vattende has been kindly providing in various posts to answer queries I suspect they haven’t been included yet. Unless these are in the Abandonment tab.)
Additionally, some server owners could not find those two lines of code in their server.ini files and had to turn off their server, add them manually to the file and then turn on the server again.

2 Likes

To clarifie, in my last post in the linked tread, all my pictures are made today, this after the patch coming out.

Then the decay for thrall, yes people may add the lines manually.
Anyway, before changing, or adding lines, still better shut down server, and make a back-up of the previous ini, just in case.

But there is allready a settings, and a place where uncheck it simply on the pannel.
Like on testlive.

Screenshot just made 2 min before posting here.

Patch is out to shortly that i can confirm it’s working like intended. But it did for me on testlive. Only time will give answer really here for me.

1 Like

I think damage resist, but not sure about.
Maybe some will digg this infos out the dev-kit now it’s live.

But boost seems working fine, at least for me in my different tests. Tested it lot on testlive to, and mostly i just put them some exotic meat, or some goodies before important fights.
Or if i have some feral meats around, i drop stack in the base pets.
But i use it mostly in fights, and feed them just then.

Thank you once again!

1 Like

I was using a Bearer to help me carry like a thousand fish…he ate them all…not very helpful.

3 Likes

I don’t like such a system. I can’t see if my fighter pet has buff until it’s already engaged in battle. Before the last patch I considered them OK when they had their preferred food in their inventory. Funcom should replace “hunger” icon in the pet interface with “buff” icon with countdown - or make pets consume food one piece at a time so we could see when this “prolonged period” will elapse.

We’re sending a suggestion to our team to see if they can find a way to let thralls and pets carry food again.

5 Likes

Transporting food and drinks is now impossible then with caravan pets?