Disappointed that armors still have locked stats

This is the best survival/rpg game on the market without argument. I am however disappointed that armor still has fixed stats bonuses. There are so many great looking armors and so many people (like myself) that want to wear certain armors for either role playing value, or for themed castle builds or guards.

Can we please get something that changes armor stats, or a appearance tab. Either will be fine honestly. I would prefer being able to pick what stats I want on the armor before crafting it. It is no different than just making whatever armor has the stat bonus I am looking for. But being able to pick my armor would at least make me attached to my character and actually like the way I look when playing.

If anyone important reads this. Thanks.

7 Likes

Sorry, only we peasants read it.

I agree that being able to personalize armor would be awesome.

4 Likes

Well unfortunately for you an unimportant read it :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I am sorry but I cannot understand exactly what you are wishing for.
You wish for example the argosean heavy that has vitality bonus to be able to become accuracy for example?
Can you please be more specific?
Thank you very much.

1 Like

yes itā€™a good idea
as I already said, I would like that the Rpg cursor is pushed a little more concerning the development of the game
thing that would be extraordinary, is to have quests for that, to be able to discover specific NPCs in the game, which cannot be captured, in the success of a dungeon for example, which can offer you potions allowing you to modify the bonuses
or develop a black market in a certain village with new gold vendors of unscrupulous craftsmen
in short, the idea is not missing ā€¦ and frankly my little finger tells me that they have already thought about it

2 Likes

That is exactly what I would like to see happen. To be able to change the stats on armor, OR to have an appearance tad that lets you look like you are wearing some other type of armor. Many games gave appearance tabs.

1 Like

Mod ā€˜Facionistā€™. Many servers have it.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t help get Survival Heavy Armor.

3 Likes

In ESO no mater what armor pieces I was wearing I looked all the time the same. The only thing that I really liked in this armor system was the option ā€œhide helmetā€ . And for me it is the only thing I really want them to do.
I like your idea.

3 Likes

I agree, I do not use helmets, because :
A - I have yet to see one I like and
B- They mess up my flowing blonde hair lol

I usually wear the Turian headband

5 Likes

I am using only hood or eye patch. But I would love to have the hidden helmet option :man_shrugging:. Especially the Siptah helmets are very good armor but I donā€™t like wearing them, or the helmet of God breaker.

2 Likes

I tried the Black hand earrings for a bit (but they were getting damaged, so I had to dismantle them for the gold, lol). So mostly I was just going without a helmet, until I ā€˜accidentallyā€™ got the Brute Helmet - so now I put that on if I know Iā€™m going into combat.

Iā€™m going to be really glad to get back to using mods when I switch. But thereā€™s so many players that isnā€™t an option for and Iā€™d really like to see armor reskinning, and especially helmet hiding, added to the core game so everyone can get access. I understand the PVP argument that this could be used to hide information, but a toggle would be all thatā€™s required to protect PVP servers, and then everyone else could gain the benefits. I really hope this is an idea Funcom is giving serious consideration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This would add so much value to the DLCs as well in my opinion. We can only wear one suit of armor at a time, but thralls can wear all those other cool armors you spent money on.

Unfortunately there are many armor sets that give grit and encumbrance, which is basically skipping a +10 stat bonus.

Alternatively Iā€™d like to see those grit or encumbrance bonuses give something for thralls. Iā€™m not asking that they be given the stats, but that the armors have a special flag for thralls that gives them some other bonus.

I personally donā€™t think the PvP argument (armors shouldnā€™t be changed because PvP players need them to be able to know their opponents builds) Iā€™ve seen against armor transmogrification is very strong when many items are identical in appearance already. And Iā€™m not thinking about normal and epic versions, but how things like reptile armor and armor of the brute are identical.

Or it could just be disabled on official PvP servers

2 Likes

The game already has its trolls. To many persons believe that predatory blade and blade of the hawk is the same for economical reasons. I donā€™t. The whole attitude of the game has some trolling, from the recipe, legendary weapon, etcā€¦
So hiding your helmet will not change pvp attitude that it is already toxic and trolling. Either way, wearing a helmet or not is the users issue and no others. I just donā€™t feel good wearing some masks or helmets of the game. The whole game is a piece of art and our game character has a ā€œfaceā€. Imagine Conan wearing these helmets? No, as I said, I like the hood, itā€™s ok but I would love to wear stronger helmets. The only reason I donā€™t wear them is obvious :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Hide helmet could be for the individual player let everyone else see the toaster on my head.

2 Likes

ok you want to move the survival cursor a bit more :yum:

should update your profile picture :love_you_gesture: :rofl:

yes
besides little suggestion for the forum.
Add a ā€œtroll killerā€ badge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :partying_face:

otherwise, the head can be very useful especially for boiling pasta , the skulls I make cup
2 Likes

About @JJDancer this is actually the updated photo and it is awesome as the old one. A small tip here is that ā€œwhen a woman change for a bit the hair colourā€ all she needs to listen is that she looks great in this colour too :wink:.
Donā€™t play with fire my friend @GullTopp , because this girl is fiery and this colour really match with her image.

4 Likes

sorry I often play with fire I even have a little preference for bolas :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ll define a new choreography on this rhythm because this cover, she fire!
so she can ignite it doesnā€™t bother me :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.