Discussion topics, realization of current status of the game. What’s broken and how to fix it

The three pillars of Conan exiles

1. World exploration, Monster hunting, dungeons

2. Building mechanics, systems. For example

protection from the elements,

3. PvP and player interaction

Discussion topics, realization of current status of the game. What’s broken and how to fix it.

One of the beauties Conan Exiles is it depth and complexity systems and mechanics. But unfortunately this also leads to delusion in development prioritization. After nearly 1,400 hours of gameplay on PvP servers. I’ve come to the realization that some things are underdeveloped, which leads to a huge imbalance. Which causes players to leave the game and a player base to drop,

One of the major issues is the griefing. And if you’re a pro player do you understand these systems are able to use them to your advantage, but unfortunately new players suffer, and it provides a negative game experience. So ultimately they end up quitting and then player base suffers all together, which drives down monetary value for funcom. And everybody pay the price. Everything from not having the money to pay for new Developers, lower player counts unpopulated servers, poor financial sales…

Prioritization of development to sustain a playerbase, and improve overall population for game goal is to get it above 15,000 daily players.

1. Current raid system timeline needs to be adjusted. Offline rating is a serious problem, and some people don’t get the advantage of being in that raid window due to obligations like work,

The Raid windows need to be 10/2. 10 hours of recovery, in 2 hours of raiding and sieging.

This does a couple of things, and I have come to this realization after being rated hundreds of times.

Mainly the reason is the game doesn’t have enough integrated defense systems to sustain 6 hours of continuous rating. The longest I’ve been able to hold somebody off is 4 hours. But eventually they were able to defeat all the thralls and the fencing, and a million and a half hit points of Foundations and structures.

And they really didn’t lose anything in the process. Except the expense of explosives, which is minimal compared to my expense of building material, farming thralls, crafting armor. The ratio is a 10 to 1.

There needs to be focus on developing of base defense, Ballista, Moats, Iron T2 and steel T3 palisades.

This would greatly counter people building vaults next to your bases. In order to raid you and steal all your stuff.

Also need to incorporate Moats, some tile above tile system. The same system could you use to create ponds. All of the stuff is already in the game oh, it just needs the graphic model. The next major update needs to consist strictly base defense.

1. My second approach would be to take a heavier stance on Banning people who use exploits, cheats, attacks the server. These individuals damage the game significantly and are a big Financial risk to the organization.

2. Higher-quality people, even look into a broker to search out and find the expertise you need.

3. Promote the mod community, and pull from their resources. Have a system in place we’re good mods can be integrated into the game quickly and rapidly.

The real 3 pillars with an additional 4th and 5th

• An exploit that allows you to look through players walls that has been around since the game first came out, which has never been fixed.

• Being able to see the entire inner layout of an individuals base from afar at extreme ranges before building pieces due to crafting stations, chests, etc rendering in before building pieces. An exploit that allows you to scope out a player/groups assets, which was never truly fixed and again a problem that has been around since the game first came out.

• Being able to have the same character name as another user to impersonate them, which has never been a restriction since the game first came out

• Being able to stalk people on battlemetrics forcing them to throw away their steam name and replace it with 123 so they cannot be tracked, which has been a problem since the game first came out.
    (i’ve literally had stalkers chase me from server to server in the past…)

and

• All the payed DLC I’d rather have gotten important bug/exploit fixes in place of.
1 Like
  • Higher-quality people, even look into a broker to search out and find the expertise you need.
  • Promote the mod community, and pull from their resources. Have a system in place we’re good mods can be integrated into the game quickly and rapidly

should fix what your have posted if they have the people to fix the problem

Good ideas . Hope we can get some of this updated in the near future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.