DLC - In case your thinking of buying it

, ,

First and probably last (if they don’t figure out how to manage stats properly) DLC i bought for Conan Exiles and if I could refund on PSN I would consider it on the grounds of false advertisement (Iron and Star Metal tiers were mentioned as comparable what we got is not comparable)!

1 Like

Bought dlc, didnt even launch the game, I dont even wanna witness myself what they did to weaps and armors, and get uber frustrated spending expensive time and mats to craft some, and then gimp myself using weaker gear just to feel less of an idiot and give it some use.

Funcom has to tweak those pieces, all the feedback from dlc owners I see is exactly against their last minute nerfs, so im sure this average opinions and sales of their just released dlc sent them the right message.

Cosmetic shouldnt be more powerful than existing items, but also not weaker!

Its not a pay to win dlc as you dont buy power, but it also shouldnt be a “im now weaker cause I bought some cosmetic dlc” either. Hard to understand, Funcom?

I also read probably 90% of the posts, tweets and comments pre dlc. Most of people, even future dlc owners, said your initial numbers were way too high. But in the same messages most were saying exactly this, it needs to be on par with current gear, so we just use new cool skins, with same output!

Nobody, except non dlc buyers, wanted you to nerf the numbers so bad it is now more costly than endgame gear, but absolutely worse than anything we were using!
Even roleplayers wont use it much, as it is so bad every roleplay will have to be about “hey I use this awesome imperial east gear which looks awesome but leaves me weaker than ever” xD

5 Likes

The stats should be the exact same as existing items. If dlc stats become greater than stats currently in game then people can argue a p2w problem.

2 Likes

we get it OP, you hate the game. Let those of us who enjoy it enjoy it. Yes, we know the game still has issues, but supporting it ensures further development. Those who made the game want to keep working on it, it’s the bean counters we need to convince and you’re actively crusading against convincing the bean counters to let the team fix the game.

1 Like

Yeah, I regret buying the DLC, I’ll think twice in future.

While I understand what funcom are trying to say, I disagree with them completely, the weapons and armour don’t need to be better than the current, putting them on par with dragonbone which is stupidly easy to make provide an alternative appearance for those of us sick at looking at the boring weapons we currently have.

It’s only pay to win if the weapons and armour surpass the current one’s in game, if they’re the same stats, they’re not pay to win, they’re an alternative to current ones for people willing to pay, it doesn’t grant them any power over others.

2 Likes

Always could get a refund, as long as you didn’t go past 2 hours since you purchased said DLC.

Yes. And that might actually be said fine line which Nicole meant.
Because it seems like a fine line when people say “with flawless, this might end up becoming pay to win, please keep that in mind - but also keep it on par with the weapons which actually get used”.
But instead of only cutting flawless off, they cut flawless off and nerfed the weapons by insane amounts.

Just the same it has been done with those “world bosses” how some people call them. (I refuse to do so. Worldbosses would be unique monsters, not those who exist multiple times on the map!)
At first I think every single boss had the same HP like that certain huge light grey rocknose (rockslider or something?). Then the most commonly farmed bosses got one or two zeros at their end, rendering them extremely hard to kill. At least I myself wont bother to kill any “worldboss” due to this. It’s not hard, but it totally wastes my time.

Which would have been the case with 57 base damage +??? damage due to flawless.
I would expect endgame flawless to add another +10 damage on twohanded weapons (aside of bows).
So it might have become the new bis 2h sword. (I think currently lots of people use telith.)

See how when matching T3 Khitai stuff to Reinforced Stonebrick, stat to stat, mat cost to mat cost, everything is dandy. No complaints. Pure skin, as it was meant to be…

Therefore why is the same thing not done to Starmetal tier? Damage to damage, scaling to scaling and mat to mat.

What went wrong? Why the divergence at all? Are they trying to say that Starmetal itself is in fact OP?

Did Funcom get DDOS threats by PvP clans?

2 Likes

Hahaha, I’m only level 20 something so the armor and weapons will be niiiiiiiiice for me!!! That is, if the DLC ever comes available in the Xbox store. As of midnight last night it was still no go.

As of midnight last night it wasn’t available for me via the Xbox store either. I saw a Tweet from Funcom saying there were rolling releases on Xbox so I’m assuming they’re doing the same for PS.

Bought the DLC as I said I would. Last DLC and purchase. Game is more unstable after the 22JUN2018 update…I am getting stuttering now and have not for a good long time.

I also just don’t understand why Funcom wants to ‘Spread the Numbers’ between different ‘philosophies’ of armour and weapons. Hardened and Khitan stats could have been simply identical. This would be exactly the same as ‘Skins’. But no…they complicate their issue with people who just cannot seem to look at the bigger picture of the ‘Numbers Game’. Age of Conan, The Secret World…etc are proving this is a company thought pattern. Tried to play AoC again from the beginning but just could not stand the after Tortage to Level 45 insane nothingness grind.

I am Ok with purchasing this DLC. The building parts and armour looks good. I am using them to build and new base and dress up thralls with all the Lemurian style. The artists did excellent work! :heart_eyes: Immersive game for a Solo/Co-op style play…eventually though all of these ‘Places of Interest’ are simply still empty…what is so difficult to simply put down some spawn points and let us have some fun? Ohhh Right! We can do the same thing in Admin Panel to ‘Make Our Own Adventures’. :thinking::wink:

The Game Designers are once again missing in action at the bar talking about the next game they want to design. The CE coders are swimming in a pool of bugs.

You have my money…this time…but no more.

1 Like

Update to my update. It’s now 1136 EST USA and STILL NO DLC available in the Xbox store. Seriously, I’m ready to throw my money at the screen and you won’t take it!!!

Is this final or there’s still hope to get on par Khitan gears ? No official response yet until now.

1 Like

You can order DDOS attacks in the 'Red Room" within the Dark Web. They usually cost 600 euros in Bitcoin.

A hacker has ordered one on my IP, for defending his girlfriend, so I know full well the brunt of one.

■■■■■■■ off customers isn’t gonna hurt them in the short term. Just a bunch a butt-hurt poeple, who already paid for the game and are past refunds, chirping away at a mostly ignored official forum, like us here are doing right now.

Steam get’s moderated so hard they’ve got nothing to fear what get’s written over there.

But you piss off a hacker, let alone a hacker GROUP… that’s gonna cost ya.

1 Like

Funcom has a history of appealing to the vocal forum minority, same happened with AoC few times and Secret World. They always try to silence the crybabies with total disregard of how it will actually impact their game.

3 Likes

yeah… so let’s hope Funcom doesn’t listen to us for once, so we can save our money.

They already did, thats why this DLC is so sh*t as it is now.

Ahh you mean the PvP anti-P2WIN camp?

Man… Why can’t there just be an “Equal to Starmetal camp”

It’s always either P2Win or P2Lose. No in-between.

3 Likes

Yup. Thats why Funcom took it into completely another direction: make items in DLC so bad you even wont equip your thralls with them.

I wonder how wasted/tired/high/braindead this board meeting was that the option “make it identical to their non-dlc equivalent” slipped through the cracks.

2 Likes

I’m kind of getting tired of pvp’ers ruining the game for everyone else. I know the game is “pvp focused”, but I swear some of the things they change are because of pvp’ers. Isn’t that why they broke the diagonal support beams, because people were abusing them?? I don’t see how that could be a pve issue at all, besides making things that are an eyesore.

4 Likes