Dodge after-update-poll

Any rage quit proclamation should be treated as an expression of anger and frustration and not to be taken literally. I have uninstalled the game 50 times since the new dodge was introduced.

As a PvP player I do not like the new changes.

PvP is less skill based now, since you canā€™t effectively dodge enemy attacks anymore. I am not only talking about the light roll. Basic controller style movement was also important (aka sidestepping).

If they wouldā€™ve provided at least a parry system with these changes it wouldā€™ve been okay.

If you want to win a PvP fight now all you need to do is either:

• Have more people than the enemy (outnumber) or
  • Have higher damage output than the enemy or
  • Use claws or
  • Use Bow

Iā€™ll upload a small video tonight where I win 1v3 with claws against people that even use bomb PvP.

4 Likes

Like many other users here have said tobi04, 8 dont ā€˜hateā€™ the games new dodge system, and I feel that this was too strong of a word. However I can tell this was not a malicious act on your part, so I wont get bogged down in semantics. Even though the newer system is better than it appeared originally, and isnt toooo bad, I just felt that the old system was better. That goes for both Movement and Dodging. It was crisper, faster, sharper and more responsive. I wont rattle on, as I have made comprehensive arguments in other threads. And I am sorry to Funcom and those who have taken a liking to it. However, I personally would prefer to revert back to the old system.

2 Likes

Yes I did. I needed space on my PS4 because I bought ARK. And since the new update is just a bunch of negative impacts on my gameplay, it was the first choice.

Iā€™m fine with a slower roll and inertia, but itā€™s just too slow for my taste. Everything drags on.

Iā€™d say: give as the old evade animation and a slightly faster roll, or just the evasion and let us unlock the roll with 10 or 20 agility. Whatever. Also the backflip could be independent of the daggers, though this is OT.

EDIT: Also the harvesting animations have a noticable pause between, almost no one mentions, and it makes gathering stuff like stone and wood take even longer.

I hate both the movement system and the new roll. The movement feels sluggish and unresponsive and takes away all the fun from parcouring around the map.
The roll on the other hand is just unnaturally slow, it just doesnā€™t match the rest of the movement speed of the character at all.

More Roy Jones, Jr if you please. :+1:

Just out of curiosity and genuine question ,why if you uninstalled it and went to play Ark are still here ?

Iā€™m not trying to be smart Iā€™m just curious genuinely, as in what are you hoping to achieve with a game and a forum that you lost hope in because you didnā€™t like an update.

Why not take a look back, when you leave sth. heavy hearted you love ?
Human beeings dont need to be logical & consequent allways.

Oh :sweat_smile:

I had something else in mind.

My latest videos had Viking Style music though.

Combat just isnā€™t fun anymore for light armor builds with this new dodge roll. I like to see my character actually rolling on the ground and moving around quickly. A slow roll that gives you some mechanical immunity just isnā€™t as fun.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, my fiance and I have enjoyed the update. I especially like the new dodging and inertia changes. I think it makes the game less ā€˜easyā€™, and more fun.

Thatā€™s cool man. The RJ,J ring-entry stuff really rolled with your combat style. Music is secondary, bring us the squabbles.

essa esquiva Ć© muito zuada ,poderia manter a antiga para armaduras leves e media e a pesada poderia ter essa esquiva ruim em vez de dar so o pulinho

1 Like

If spend several hundred hours on the game by now (not even almost as much as some others though ;)) and I love the game itsself. But with the new update it is unplayable for me. Iā€™d love to come back, so Iā€™m trying to get the devs to change the stuff back (eventhough this will most likely not happen).

The old version was waaaay too fast, to the point of silliness, so I prefer the new system to that easily (but in fairness I would prefer no dodge at all to the old system). This could still be refined, but I am also glad to see the old heavy armour stutter step replaced (though it looks too slow). Definitely would not want to go back to what it was, though.

I fully agree with you here but Iā€™m afraid I have to disagree with the rest.

Here I have to full agree. As heavy armor lover the slow roll back is better than the stutter step before. But the rest of dodge/Momentum sucks.

1 Like

To many pollsā€¦ to many topics, and getting bored of repeating myself time after time in each one. -_-ā€™

Honestly, waiting on Devs at this point before I bother voting any more.
There gonna keep it, and I gotta make choose of quitting game I love.
There gonna adjust itā€¦ and its wait and see.
Theyā€™ll revert it and give it some time in stove to cook more.
Or just trash it, and consider it a loss in dev time.

roll 100% needed a adjustment do to distance. But how it was done was just ā€¦ewww. Slow Motion was not answerā€¦ Roll just needed to be shorter distance. Didnt need animation changed.

movementā€¦ its jittery and silly looking and makes moving about your home pain in butt, and several enemies are just infuriating to move around.
It need to be removed.

1 Like

I remain hopeful that they will change this ridiculous slow mo travesty to something different.
I donā€™t care if they make rolls interruptable or whatever. But at least my character should be responsive and move at normal speed when I give them a command, not remain glued on the ground or roll like a dead slug.

1 Like