Dodging off Slopes/Short Heights Hurts?

Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [Anywhere]

Before I get into this “issue”, I have no idea if this is a bug or an intended feature to happen.

What I was doing was building steps and was up on one ‘layer’ of my building. I was on the upper layer of my steps(2nd floor), a floor connecting both sides of the steps, so it was essentially a single building layer. Like the following…

_/Г

Place your character on the Г and continue reading.

I had my back turned to the stairs, and accidentally backstepped. My character has 200 hp currently and about 25% went away after I landed on the lower floor after I dodged. A huge chunk of HP off of a set of stairs where a normal fall does nothing from that height. Also I don’t have the fall damage reduction perk. I don’t know if speed is accommodated in the fall damage calculation but this is a scary thing to deal with.

I didn’t bother testing this out further since I’m limited on healing items, but it should be fairly easy to reproduce.

Keep in mind I used the Sandstone Foundation and it’s stairs. I also backstepped at an odd angle which I may put into a video showcasing it if that is needed. It should be easily replicated nonetheless.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Build a foundation.
  2. Connect stairs going up.
  3. Connect a basic ceiling to the stairs end.
  4. Walk up and dodge off the steps or off the ceiling onto the base foundation.
1 Like

Hey there @Chagmen

Could you capture this in a short video clip so we can get a better look at what’s going on?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I managed to get a video of it, and it turns out that it was a little bit different than how I described it. However the height and such was the same.

Only I did backstep down the steps, but off of a very short drop. This video took off more health than the first time this happened to me.

Also I don’t know how to embed videos in topics so this one leads directly to YouTube.

Conan Exiles - Dodging for Fall Damage

Thanks a lot. Now it’s clear. We’re sending it to our team so they can have a look at it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.