Does in-game Customer Service or any kind of support still exist?

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get any help from Funcom. But the community managers that do the streams are not customer support. They used to be, but they’re no longer responsible for petitions and tickets.

That is their area of ‘helping the community’, both CS and CM exist and is needed, as separate enteties. One doesnt take away from the other.

I don’t want to argue with any kind of Guardians of Funcom cause it’s pointless. I wanted to update this thread cause I know there is a lot of peeps with same issue. Now they can see they will not receive any help from CS which actually doesn’t exist. If you sell your item or delete it as F2P player - rest in pepperoni, it’s over. End of story.

1 Like

This is concerning. I will do a bit of digging if I have the chance.

1 Like

Heya @papa_maRbLe,
sorry to hear that CS wasn’t able to help you. After 2 months I got a reply and also my item back as you can read in my post in another thread. I don’t know if it was the picture I provided, some digging in my purchase history, or the wording I used, it still is an unacceptable situation for me and others affected by this. When I got the email I was beyond the point of caring even if the email was nice and I appreciated the action. Nonetheless during that waiting time I decided for myself to choose with my wallet and neither spend money again here nor for any other game by Funcom. I didn’t learn the lesson back in TSW but I learned it here.
I hope you’ll find other great games and take care of yourself.

To be fair, that was done during the farewell stream of Beyond the Veil and they deserved the shennanigans. :slight_smile:

Thank you for reply and moral support, mate, much obliged \o/ @TheAscendingOne
Yeah, I saw your post and I’m happy you got your item back but at the same time, the fact you got your lost item back and I didn’t drives me nuts. CS should treat every single player equaly. Also, if there was a rule that says you will never get your item back after selling to vendor or deleting, or if I was very frist person that made this oopsie, I would never be upset like I am atm.

In my opinion, if you are end-game player there is no point to be a patron cause you literally don’t get anything in return. More XP and AP/SP points when you have already all talent trees unlocked? More MoFs when you get, depeds on luck ofc, very expensive items after clearing NYR10 in weekly basis so you can sell them and earn like 250k mofs a week? I was a patron because I wanted to give my mani to FC just to support them. Just because I enjoyed the game. So yeah, I did learn the lessons and I will never spend single cent for any FC game, never. What is the point to support devs when they don’t support you?

5 Likes

I absolutely agree and that’s why I criticized this CS-change announcement and the lack of defined rules a customer can read and work with. Now we have a situation where CS decides on a case to case basis and we end up not knowing why I got the item and you didn’t. It’s something I wouldn’t do but maybe I don’t have enough business sense.

coucou

1 Like

Definite rules are detremental to the community. As soon as they would have these they would be bound to sticking to them…no more room for generous interpretation.
Example: If the rule was you need to have bought something or have active patron somewhen in the last month. You however are someone that bought every dlc before that month and stoppped patron after having it for a long while after reaching max ip and didn’T have it in the last month. Well…with the currently muddy rules they could be, yeah supports us lets get the stuff done, with strict rules they could only tell you “Sadly we can’t refund you your item” no matter how many times or in what form you ask.
They made the rules not defined so that they could argue in favor of the community member since they can interpret the wording very loose.

P.S.:That all said it is sad that the divide between f2p and supporting customers got opened in the first place. But that doesn’t change that the current wording is stretching the implementation as much in the favor of us the community as CS can do. They aren’t management or finances.

Well, I won’t pay 15 euro to get my item back. I don’t want to be a prostitute that pays for her service.

4 Likes

I like definite rules. They promote fairness. Having one person receive a lost item back and another person not simply due to GM “generosity” is unfair to me.

6 Likes

Well, both versions have their pros and their cons, in my opinion that is. I also find this change absurd in general and I also stated why. This difference between @papa_maRbLe’s handling of the situation and mine shows me that whoever came up with this idea didn’t think further than from finger to keyboard(again).

The best example - AndyB during his streams summons all monsters/dunjon bosses in the game, turns his CM folks into damn vehicles or any kind of genetic failure creatures and he is not able to spawn any avaiable item like weapon/talisman/whatever in the game? Ah, I forgot AndyB is a CM not GM. Now Guardians of Funcom can lynch me :wink:

Oh, I’m sure that they could poof you another inverter with no problems at all. It would take almost zero effort. But…no.

3 Likes

that’s the point, my friend @wolffspider. Literally zero effort…

alright, to be more specific I forgot password along with email I used to created this account.

Humility? When FC doesn’t treat all players equaly? Ofc it was my fault, the point is other players got their items back. Do us a favour and don’t post such BS here. Thank you.

This can’t be an excuse when people are spending A LOT of money on things just to be told it’s been too long to get your item back.

Or, to flip the argument, no more room for favoritism, which I do get the sense is the underlying complaint here.

It’s not really a great idea to have CS non-guidelines when dealing with the kind of perceived value (in time and/or money) legendaries represent, because that guarantees mishandling of cases, which will cause complaints like this to crop up, which will do absolutely nothing to improve already positive attitudes toward the company, but are pretty much guaranteed to further worsen already negative ones.

1 Like

The underlying complaint here is “by not having a specific set of exact guidelines, Funcom are robbing us of the ability to spend countless hours complaining and picking fault with the rules”. And that’s saying nothing of the inevitable cries of “why are you wasting time writing rules when there are tickets going unanswered?”. :v:

That’s not even a joke response - if they sat down and created a specific algorithm to replace “just use your common sense” (which is a ludicrous proposition), it’d slow down response times even more and literally the only difference it would make in the long run is that everyone would be complaining about the rules themselves rather than the lack of them.

Yes, I have. Was anyone actually surprised by that?