End of months - patch

As console users it’s frustrating but not a stand alone occurrence. Any game that gets ported from pc to console is pretty much the same. Pc is the platform it’s designed to run on originally so it’s always going to be behind. Any new content is going to be available for pc months before console so we may as well just relax, enjoy what we have and wait for the greener grass. How we wait is up to the individual. Either let it happen when it happens or get yourself all worked up (which incidentally yields the exact same result just with a dose of bonus stress for free lol) and end up ruining your love of the game.

2 Likes

LOoooool i think our money is as worthfull as pc players money…they took our money happily so what u talking…then don’t sell a game if ur not able to bring it to console

1 Like

I think you’re all taking @Darkzavon completely the wrong way. What he’s trying to convey is that this has happened before and will continue to happen. Console has pretty much never been up to date with pc and prob won’t be for the entire life of the game. The only way people will avoid this frustration of feeling second best is indeed to buy a pc and take the issue out of the equation. I don’t think he’s being an elitist or smart ■■■ at all.

1 Like

you might be right, but my skin is paper thin today :sunglasses:

yeah I’m offended lol

2 Likes

Maybe Funcom just forgot to click send on their update to Sony and Microsoft lol

It’s just sitting in Drafts, they’ll realize it soon, dont worry lol

Or maybe they haven’t heard back from Sony yet and no amount of “are we there yet” will make them get there faster:

2 Likes

Sure, maybe. But we really have no idea because unfortunately they dont keep people updated. Not everyone is having the “are we there yet” attitude. Some people really just want to know if they [Funcom] are waiting on the updated certification to be approved or are Funcom still tweaking it, nothing wrong with asking for updates when a deadline is consistently pushed back with no new ETA given. We get it, things happen, but just like we are expected to understand, it goes both ways.

For instance, I can rarely get into my PVEC server bc of the infinite loadscreen bug, I mostly would just like to know how much longer I have to use my lunch break for just a CHANCE to enter and refresh, because I can never get in after 5 (when I usually play) so I dont think requesting clear updates is unwarranted.

To be clear, I get what youre saying, some people go too far and complain constantly just because they want something PC has. But wanting to know when they can actually play and not lose all their stuff theyve had for years?.. I see nothing wrong with requesting meaningful updates

1 Like

I’m not hypocritical nor do I really care, i came here giving advice, which ended up being not to your liking because it did not suit your perspective. I’ve bought games before that have been abandoned, neglected, and or a waste of money as one can say. You can either get a refund, find a alternative solution, or just learn from the mistake and move on. I shouldn’t be needing to tell you this but life isn’t fair and it will knock you down every chance it gets. Yeah it sucks, yeah you get angry but really what are you a lone person in the world with not enough money to give you any power in this situation going to do about it? You gonna fling insults, lash out, try to burn it all down because you aren’t getting what you want? What will that achieve for you in the end of the day? Nothing but stress and unhappiness. Which as I will quote what i said earlier. Find a different game to make you happy with your friends, and if the game is to addicting or meaningful enough where you refuse to leave go on computer. Because nothing you do or will do will ever change the delay to consoles.

Except they did update people. They even linked said update in this very thread. So how can you claim they don’t update people when they most obviously did?

2 Likes

Like I said, I cant even play, and have to go thru ridiculous methods just to keep stuff ive had for years. Them saying “we have no update for you” after multiple times of missing the deadline, is not an update. Like i also said, i understand things happen, but an issue like infinite loading bug should’ve been a hotfix or something. I literally can not play.

So if we miss one update window, i want to know if they believe itll be the next one or not. I don’t care about being at a parity with PC… I can be patient for that, but each passing week my stuff could be gone, and id like more of an update after a missed window than “we got nothing for ya”

Im not being unreasonable.

2 Likes

Being behind on updates for console is one thing, but 4 whole patches now and almost a year in May…?

The thing is Dark, no one asked for your advice on how to have a less stressful life. People just want to know when they will get what was promised in a game some have spent hundreds of hours and invested money into. I have purchased all the dlc. Can I transfer my 500 hours of progress and ~$100 in dlc to the pc version?

Even so, if people wanted to play on PC they would have from the start. It came out on console and the devs said they would support it with the pc version. They lied. We are just looking for them to take some responsibility and uphold their promise. Who is to say if our voices will be heard or not. You assuming they won’t and posting here simply because you are “annoyed” isn’t helping anything get done. The best way to “help” here is by moving on!

2 Likes

Unless you are on a private server and decay timers are off I am afraid your progress is probably all gone Trey.

I had infinite loading as well because I logged out in the middle of about 30k pieces and my ps4 couldn’t handle the load. I was lucky enough to get in and log out elsewhere with less pieces and have not had an issue since.

Your situation could be a number of things but seems to be unrelated to an update as the game is still working fine for most people. Have you tried opening a support ticket?

1 Like

I think the concern here is the context of the update. It is vague and open ended meaning it could be another month to a year before a patch for all we know. Just looking for transparency not vagueness.

Just to be clear they have used the cert excuse way to often and should know what is expected by Sony and Microsoft at this point. Therefor this feels like an excuse not an update on what is really happening.

1 Like

Or perhaps it has nothing to do with knowing what is expecting by Sony and Microsoft and more of Sony and Microsoft meddling in things they really have no reason to be. Or, you know, they do this exact thing to every company but most game are made but huge companies with vastly larger staffs to knock things out much faster. But sure, you can always just assume what you wish.

And hey, I haven’t been able to play since Sipta was released because they decided to break the game and make it unplayable on certain types of AMD processors.

If Funcom was transparent in their “update” we would know exactly what the problem is wouldn’t we?

Sucks about the game not working for you either. Can go with Darks logic and buy a console, the game, and start over again, you know, to save yourself the stress. LOL!

1 Like

Im a console player, and have been quite frustrated with the lack of communication with funcom, but at the end of the day they are a very small development team that doesnt have the same resources and pull that other AAA developers have. Its no wonder sony isnt bending over backwards and pushing the patches through, they simply don’t gaf. That being said funcom could be a bit more vocal, but they probably have alot on their plate and the slander from their fans can be discouraging to their will to even support a group of people who seem to not understand what it takes to work on a game like conan. Id rather have them ironing out the patches than have them dxcking around on the forums trying to validate themselves.

2 Likes

Technically since this game isn’t pay to play, any company can completely stop all and any work / content output and never have to give another minute to content creation or bug fixes as you paid for the base game. The playerbase doesn’t pay a battlepass or a penny for every patch. That is entirely on funcom. So if Funcom really wanted to they can just completely stop and abandon the game and take all official servers down. And no countries law is going to prevent them from doing that. So this entitlement is only legit from the base game and any dlc you paid for. I know that statement itself wont help or make you feel better. But telling people that you paid for the game, dlc, and put a ton of time into it doesn’t grant you more free content.

All the things you say you are entitled too are based on moral grounds not legal grounds. But I never once said consoles shouldn’t get updates or funcom should abandon consoles. As well as not asking for my advice, this is the forums where anyone can come here freely to debate, ask and give info. So saying to go away is basically telling me i don’t deserve to have any discussion here.

2 Likes

apparently the game should not be interesting enough on pc because you come to the ps forum, and worry about the game it has already killed, and for most people ps / xb is patching it is fc’s last chance to convince them otherwise console people will run away from the game and they will only be able to count players like you (pc) until they can run their game as you say, but their only problem is that they will get a very bad reputation and people are going to flee them. people have the right to complain if the promised services are not rendered. (and me on pc i see cheaters in every network game.

1 Like

Well if you really want an answer to your first part of the statement, the person who made this post made it on the general discussion forums. I posted one thing, and only replied to posts after that point. Up until 5 hours ago I didn’t even know this was moved to the PS4 thread. And yes I have a PS4 as well as a xbox 1, nintendo switch and any other form of gaming that games can be played on.

1 Like

I never said go away Dark. I said if these posts and complaints about console support bother you as you admitted, you should move on. Exactly how you told everyone to get over it and move to pc if they didn’t like the situation. Guess now you see what it is like from the other side when you are given advice on a subject you are not asking advice for.

Entitlement is another word we like to use here a lot. Couple things on that. No one as far as I can see is acting like they are ‘entitled.’ They are simply asking for resonable updates on what was promised ages ago while one version of the game keeps getting all of their attention. They could just say we don’t care about console and we are shutting it down. That would be fine too. People just want transparency. Evidence shows companies who are transparent have higher, happier customer bases which equates to higher profit.

This information gives the consumer the ability to make informed decisions on what to do next with their valuable time. Should they let the game go or stick around? If we had any relevant and meaningful information we would go from there an not be here asking.

Also, why is everyone so quick to blame Sony and Microsoft? Why back for patch 2.1 was the console version not submitted for cert? 2.2? 2.3? Why a year? The very first patch 3 years ago on console was held up by cert. This is on the devs. They can plan for this and give proper informatiom. I see very small companies not having these problems so not sure why that is an excuse either. They went back on their word and even if it is their “legal” right to do so that doesn’t make it right.

If you were told at your job you would get a raise on Friday then next Monday rolled around with no word on the raise you would ask why right? What if even then they said “oh the ‘bosses’ are working on it we will let you know.” Now it is a month later with no raise. They don’t have a legal obligation to give you a raise but I guarantee you would not be happy and would like an answer as to why. If only so you can make that informed decision to move to another job or stick it out and wait.

Again no one is demanding they get the patch out now, they just want to know wtf is going on with the game they are obviously enjoying. GOD FORBID THESE MISCREANTS!

1 Like