Endgame players ignoring the team in e1 runs

for my short game play experience,some mid game orange tier players are more toxic and more like to insult newbies tan most endgame players…since now I havent saw any endgame players doing bad,but I already met 2 average players have no patient on newbies even insult …surely reported.

3 Likes

A friend of mine and I won’t run anything below e7 anymore unless we are asked to by the cabal, or someone who specifically reaches out to us for help on lower tiers. We know we can easily steal aggro if we aren’t the tanks, and we would rather people who really want to learn how to tank learn how to do it with a group in their own e-range and not get discouraged by the overgeared aggro-stealer.

I do know people do speedruns on e1, but seriously, why? It’s not challenging, it’s not fun, the rewards aren’t worth it for the time invested. Just. No. No thanks. I’ll help all day long if asked, but other than that, I just soon spend my time more wisely and get loot that I can actually use.

2 Likes

The “why” would be a function of the garbage gear system, the absurdly high number of elite tiers justified with/necessitated by that garbage gear system, and the questionable design of the agent system, where speedrunning E1s to hopefully get a blue boss 6 chest is far and away the best way of trying to get agents that can drop from those because Funcom simply will not admit that in terms of agent boosters, the excessive greed of factually ultra rare character bound drops isn’t actually good for the game because it does have consequences.

2 Likes

Don’t do e1’s then, there are 9 other tiers of dungeons where this won’t happen lol

Not doing E1s is kinda hard for new players…

Also, I’m not sure if this is still a thing, but I know some all red everything players were speedrunning E4s at one point, because it still has the trivial mechanics, better distillates, and allegedly better agent odds blue chests.

1 Like

This is just false

The solution to this problem is, as it has always been, for inconsiderate idiots to take a second out of their day to check “private group” before they queue for E1s.

1 Like

There is no problem though.

Sorry but if you join public queue and get grouped with other randoms, everyone has equal rights to finish the dungeon how they see fit. If you want your way then make a private group, just like someone else suggested. Don’t like randoms? Too bad. This is a non-issue because it only happens in e1 and alternate ways to group exist.

1 Like

Or if I queue many tiers of dungeons at once and e1 is the only that pops, I’m not gonna decline because I just want to use my keys :v:

If you’re just doing it to use your keys, you can solo e1’s in a Private group without impacting your time (the lowbies will run slower and do virtually immeasurable dps comparably) and without impacting the fun of people who have no option but to queue low tiers. Ignoring the fact that your actions can negatively impact others just makes you look like the bad guy.

5 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t6:

Upvote

Or just teach new players, how to votekick annoying players. :wink:

I do run low tier Dungeons myself. If i do E1s, then i usually do check “private team”.
Other than that, I try to adapt to the team. Most of the time, I am the Tank myself, since
not many new players queue as such (might be because of bad experience with higher geared
players). If there is another Tank in group, i always check their weapon-setup and usually ask,
if they need healing, or run a sustain build. And then there is that anima-slider, too.

If only the game allowed to kick annoying players immediately instead of needing to wait 5-10 minutes after the dungeons starts

1 Like

To those that saying it is a pug you take your chances I say, yes, it is, for both high levels and low levels alike. But, it is a group activity so you find out what the group members want, do they want to collect the lore/honey, do they want to kill all, do they want a fast run? You play to the slowest member.

I do not blame funcom for bad design this is a player behavior issue. Thankfully there are more friendly people in the game than there are unfriendly.

1 Like

What? Of course this is a bad design issue.

It does not take a rocket scientist to predict that (an attempt at) fracturing a small player base across ten (eleven, technically, including story mode) tiers of endgame content can’t work without causing issues such as fostering bad player behavior. (And the added bad design decision to make speed running E1 the easiest way to get certain agents further aggravated the issue.)

Unfortunately, SWL design decision seem to have been made by someone with slightly less common sense than a brick, given even a brick would’ve probably foreseen this level of slitting the player base is a bad idea.

I like the way the dungeon levels are designed. I play duo most of the time, solo other times so this means I can enter at a level compatible with my character. I have played in games where there was only one dungeon level and the groups being made were usually for speed runs to boss and group recruiting asked for ridiculous weapon and gear levels to ensure a very fast run which excluded so many people. There is no design that will protect from player behavior. Easiest way is to just make your own group to achieve what you want out of it, speed run, questing or lore hunting. Everyone would be happy.

Ya you wouldnt be getting many dungeons finished lol

2 Likes

It is both bad design and bad player behaviour. In almost every mmo dungeon-type mini-game I’ve tried, the best, most optimal, likely to be fun experience is almost always “roll your own group”. “Roll your own group” as a good experience is a cheap goal for a dungeon design.

Better designed dungeons are the ones that make it more likely to be enjoyable and rewarding even if you are in a pug. You need both well-designed dungeons and a fairly intelligent player-matching queue algorithm. You also need, as Shelley pointed out, a reasonably designed rewards system that doesn’t encourage or reward what is essentially griefing.