Event Meteoroids Loot De-spawning with Full Inventory

**Game mode: Online Private
**Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
**Region: NA

If you have a max inventory and attempt to pick the event meteoroids the items will show up as being collected, but they will not show up in your inventory. Also, they do not show up on the ground. They just despawn

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. fill up your inventory till you can’t put any new items in your player avatar’s inventory
  2. take a pick or pickaxe and hit the event meteoroids

This is the same behavior that applies to everything else: mining stone, chopping wood, etc.

and yet… it still exist. items magically despawn and the bug still exist

a bug? this is intended. If it were not there would be no maximum inventory and you would just be able to continue carrying infinite amounts of stuff. As far as I know the only way to do that is with a mod.

1 Like

It would make more sense if those things would be dropped on the ground instead, but the current behaviour is indeed intended

1 Like

I am not sure it makes sense really. What if I go around the map mining all iron nods for instance, only to make them despawn so noone else can harvest them? Isn’t that some kind of dumb griefing?

you can go around and mine them all just as good right now?!
Or - much easier - you simply block their spawns with a T3 foundations.
This change wouldn’t have any impact on griefing, but at least you would have the chance to pick your items up later instead of straight up deleting them.

Sure, but it doesn’t really have much to do with maximum inventory, you can do that in any case.

If I had to change anything, I would like the game client to at least inform me this is happening, rather than telling me for the 2352653646th time that I’m over-encumbered.

2 Likes

Loot bags with the excess would be ideal… allows you to shed something to pick up the harvested excess … or a clanmate to pick up.

Absolutely it would be handy if the game flashed up “inventory full” as we harvested … similar to how it does on a container when full and you are trying to transfer items.

I don’t know for how long I was harvesting iron and stone without it being added to my full inventory the first time it happened … probably half a hour as I was in a mining frenzy with 50 encumbrance for the first time. It was only when I checked the numbers flashing on the screen that I realised the stack was not increasing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.