Ever since a Chinese Company bought Funcom, the silence has been deafening

My Server provider told me a bunch of issue they are having are tied to Funcom. Wonderful, having a server with 150/30 population because it’s nothing my providers can do.

Lack of updates (Games as live service means you’re supposed to keep posting updates bi-weekly in addition to community outreach means via twitter/reddit on just what you’re doing every week behind the scenes. Games as a service does not mean, releaase a update and then go quiet for months at a time, with no news on anything you’re doing.

This is wonderful news too.

Bad bad bad… I knew Tencent was bad, and i’m gonna end up closing my server down because ever since that merger (and fyi the lobby is still a broken mess) i’ve lost players… I might end up packing ship on my server (after a full year of support) because this just isn’t gonna work for me.

I’ve had to close my server down now, because it’s still not showing up in the game. And my Providers have told me its not on their end, it’s on your End Funcom! I AM NOT HAPPY!

How would you explain our providers making our servers show but yours is somehow not being able to? It sounds like it is time for you to look for a new more capable provider. The providers who still had issues after the rounds of updates, contacted Funcom directly and resolved them for their clients, yours doesn’t seem interested in doing so.

5 Likes

Did they said anything about offline mode for the game?

Silence because it’s summer time and most are on vacation.

2 Likes

Kinda B S, ever since tencent was brought up end of last year, they been super silence. Go back and they had streams every thursday, and so on. This year had 1 stream. Of course the virus is making it harder but not impossible.

I can imagine that Funcom have all hands on deck for the new map while the rest is in maintenance mode.

I guess saying that they are working on the map is nothing really new and they are not at the stage where they can start releasing teasers or being able to commit themselves with a release date. We were made aware that there will be 1 DLC (which was already released) + a map with the map coming 2nd half of the year.

3 Likes

Funcom IS working on something cool & great in CE. One modder told me that he had to put away his new mod for a while because Funcom asked him to help with some task. I don’t know a single detail, but he was very enthusiastic about this so I’m waiting for something really new and interesting in my favorite game.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tinfoil but no, we’re mostly silent and not releasing as many updates because most of our team is enjoying their yearly Summer vacations.
Please refrain from demagogic and unfounded statements in the future.

9 Likes