Exiles forum revamp

I’ll inquire with Discourse to see if there’s anything I can do about performance issues for lower-end hardware. The custom CSS or images on this site could probably be cleaned up or optimized, but I’m not sure it’ll completely solve the issue you’re having.

I’ve personally never run into autosaving causing issues with typing out a message, but it’s something I can bring up to our provider. What’s the model of phone you’re using and what are its specs?

2 Likes

Samsung galaxy A5 (2017)
[OS] Android 8.0 (Oreo)
[Chipset] Exynos 7880 (14 nm)
[CPU] Octa-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A53
[GPU] Mali-T830MP3
[Memory] 64GB Internal, 128GB mSD, 3GB RAM
eMMC 5.1
Latest updates installed

I am able to run games like ARK on this phone without any problems.

…it took me 10 minutes to post this message…

How’s your connection though and are you sure you’re not slowed up by your provider once your data allotment is used up?
I only use my iPhone X and I’ve had no issues at all.

Using Wi-fi to go online. I have no mobile data connection on the phone. It is for Wi-fi use only. I don’t even use it to call someone. I have another phone for that.

So, no. It is not related to the connection.
I have a 400 MBit broadband connection at home.

1 Like

Xpost:

• ‘Dev Tracker’ button at the top of each category now only displays posts from Funcom staff within the category you’re currently in. So if you click the button while viewing PlayStation Discussion it’ll show posts in that category. If you click the button in PlayStation Bug Reports then it’ll only show posts in the PS Bug Reports category, and so on for all other categories in the Conan Exiles section. I’ll work on expanding this function for the other games later tonight.

• Also added some cute little chat bubbles next to the reply count so it’s hopefully easier to tell which number means what

4 Likes

Testing Dev Response tag on thread, not 100% done with it I think so it won’t go fully live quite yet, but this’ll give you an idea of what it might look like. Clicking on the tag will take you to a search for all posts with this tag on it.

5 Likes

I just noticed it and tried it out and…
9d199df30b51d66124f07aff923baa9e1

3 Likes

Dangit, I can’t use custom emojis in the text field for the tag. :frowning: Oh but I can use regular ones. Hmm

3 Likes

This is how the emoji in the tag is rendered on my computer:

Firefox 89.0 on Windows

1 Like

Weird. Try refreshing/clearing cache.

2 Likes

Clicking the tag also only shows one post(the first one) when clearly dev responses in this thread are far more then one.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s how the plugin works. It’s not quite the functionality I want, but we’ve requested the ability to be taken to at least the first post in a topic that’s marked as an official reply. It’s not certain this will be added, but at least it’s out there. Right now the way we have it set up is that we can manually mark a post we make as an ‘official reply’ that will then add the tag to a topic.

Yeah, I think that’s hard-coded into the plugin we’re using from Discourse. It’s a modified version of Discourse’s own ‘Category Experts’ plugin so I think the search field is not something we can change. However, I just did hear back that we may be able to get an option to have the Response icon take you within the thread instead to the search - should be completed in a few weeks.

5 Likes

That fixed it. It looks like this now:

3 Likes

The symbol will probably undergo some more changes/iterations as we finesse and nitpick, by the way.

4 Likes

So, uh, this is going to be a short rant, so feel free to remove it, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I’ve been watching bug reports pop up in the PC Discussion section instead of PC Bug Reports section, and I’m flabbergasted. How are people this bad at following even the simplest visual cues? I mean, it’s calledBug Reports”, and it even has this little insect glyph next to it! Does HTML need to reintroduce the <blink> and <marquee> tags?

Rant over.

2 Likes

We’ve had Exiles bug reports end up in the Secret World Legends, Moons of Madness, and The Longest Journey categories. We’re still not sure how that happens, but it goes to show you that no matter what you do, it’s never 100% effective and edge cases of user confusion still occur.

6 Likes

Yeah, I get it. And it’s not like I haven’t seen users do things like that before. It’s just that this was the safest place for me to vent that particular frustration in front of a wider audience, without it coming back to haunt me in some important future scenario :smiley:

Sorry about that.

3 Likes

Hah, nah, I hear ya. It’s relevant to the topic anyway since this is basically the user experience thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New badge functionality test

6 Likes

ugh, OPERA BROWSER

Okay, thanks

5 Likes