Exiles on Xbox series X/S

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

[Free text]
Its the last week of October and the next gen console release is nearly a our door steps. My question is what will next gen consoles and unreal 5 mean for Conan Exiles. Will we see performance enhancements or will everthing generally stay as is?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

They stated that only thing you may see in backwards compatibility that’s it and it was official in dev stream said that

Ps this belongs in general discussion not Xbox bugs :joy:

Thank you for the thread correction. And im aware the Devs stated that CE would be playable on next gen. However the vague comment about back compatibility was not what I was asking. To clarify my question, Are there or Will there be plans to upgrade/adapt CE to UR5 and utilize next gen tech to revitalize CE’s performance? For example when another game makes a digitally remastered version, poor example but closest i could think of on low coffee intake. If anything its that funcom sees the next gen tech as a ligitimate excuse to revisit the base code and fix a lot of in game problems that have been in CE since early access.

Hey there,

There are currently no plans to port to next-gen or update to Unreal Engine 5.

Next-gen may be considered after the Isle of Siptah DLC’s full release, as they currently want to focus on the ongoing issues.
As was already said, you may see some backwards compatibility on PlayStation 5. Neither the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X / S will be inter-compatible however.

It is also not planned to update to Unreal Engine 5. Unreal Engine 5 is still in development; it will be available in preview in early 2021, and fully release in late 2021. It also takes a lot of work to update to a new engine version -the game is on 4.15.3, not just one version behind- including changing some of the base code. The developers have also noted their code was made hastily due to time and money constraints during Early Access, which has caused them several issues since.

See also: Upcoming features on the wiki for more information.

Thank you for the less vague straight forward answer. Though i am disheartened by said answer im still hopeful that perhaps further down the line, perhaps 2022 or 2023 that stance will be reconsidered. However, the “Time and Money constraint” excuse has lost its power. The team have been at it for 3 years and are now owned by one of the biggest revenue mogols in the gaming industry. Simply put if they would fix the base code correctly more players would return and bring new players with them. In turn would triple Funcoms income roughly guessing. The problem being currently CE is one of, if not the best, survival games on the market right now. However with well over 20 survival genre games currently in development it would be wise to strike while the iron is hot. But your not going to corner the market with a game that has Down Syndrome. for those that didnt get the DS referance functional but with a genetic defect/base code.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.