Expanding the Map (slightly), is it Possible?

Huh, further out of the areas that I remember them being. I assume that its hard to place dungeons close to each other for a variety of reasons (so they can’t all be stacked into one place). I could of sworn that the right quadrant had at least 2 dungeons that I saw when I was messing around in the dev kit a while back though.

I wonder… Is it possible to put the dungeons beneath the world map to save space.

2 Likes

It’s sad kinda. Conan is by far the best IP.

Id love to see this exapand and grow. I realize this is not an MMO. But MMOs have long life spans.

I want more of this savage and beautiful land.

I didn’t waste my money. I woule spend more.

3 Likes

This is my biggest problem with the Swungle… I love it aesthetically, but If you are an experienced player, you already know that it’s best to just run North and set up close to the Volcano for endgame. No real reason to establish a permanent presence elsewhere outside of RP reasons maybe…

I really wish they could diversify the End game PvE potential for each Biome - spread the love a bit. Like have some Very high level camps and areas in each biome. For there to be good reasons to set up home in places other than the North.

6 Likes

This is it.
When we went out of early access everyone raced to the swunge to set up in the new biome.
When i finally went down about a week in, you couldnt buy real estate there. Within 6 weeks the place was empty.
As of now there is 1 base there and its mine. I keep hanging out for them to introduce a challenge. If they couls make the pagoda a similar challenge as asagarth it would help but i doubt they can the way its designed.
All faction major camps should be somewhere you can die. Now thrall hunting at all but asagarth and the mounds is merely like swating off customers to get the last iphone.

I defy anyone to die in the pagoda, den, or summoning place.

1 Like

With game loops. The game loop set up for the Unnamed City currently in Testlive right now is a great start. Repeatable endgame content that gives players reasons to keep playing.

Maybe these camps have more recipes to collect to turn in at the Unnamed City?

Thanks BiJay. Its great to know that it is indeed within the realm of possibilities, and that the door is still ajar, even if only slightly. I have a couple of questions. On the maps with the smaller red circles showing the dungeon locations:

1. Are these circles to scale, ie- the actual size of the dungeons?
  2. what is the dungeon in the south-east (lower right) of the map at coordinates N1?

@Croms_Faithful The circles represent not the size of the dungeons. The dungeon in the southeast is the Palace of the witchqueen. It’s size is not very big. The dungeon lies beneath the map. We built a structure above only for testing. (No malfunctions)
The vulcano dungeons size is bigger and you can see it from far away. It also looks like a small vulcano.
The dregs dungeon is bigger but it is also beneath the map.
The black Keep dungeon is also bigger. It’s also beneath the map surface. There are mountains above you can walk and climb normally. But here the AI doesn’t react anymore. In example NPCs won’t attack you anymore. So why does the AI work in the Black Keep? It’s because they are working with extra hitboxes. So probably they work with extra hitboxes for the volcano, Black Keep and midnight grove dungeon beside the big hitbox for the large map.

2 Likes

So much space in the empty areas of the grids to fill out.

Also, don’t quite understand how the dungeons wind up out in those areas…
… seems like they would be closer to entrance, or not be marked on this map, and be a separate level design, thus freeing up space?

Ok let’s assume they add another area, with about as much content as the jungle… we players get through that content in a week… content that won’t be written, debugged and released in months…
Then what, give us another taste?!
I would love to see more, but I don’t think it’s the answer…

I think the only way they could make this game everything everybody wants it to be is to start from scratch with a different game engine. I can think of a couple off the top of my head that Funcom probably can’t use for legal reasons or whatever that might have made this game a smash hit from day one with everything in it that they shot for in the beginning. That would probably be the way to go in the future though.
The Unreal 4 Engine doesn’t seem adequate for a game of this magnitude.

Scuse the long quote, but it’s kind of all relevant to my previous post…

When I said a game that mixes Diablo and Conan, I meant I would love the conan game, with the Diablo loot system…

Diablo maps were as repetitive as ms Pac-Man… but the pills, not one the same… that’s the strength of Diablo… and Conan with its limited maps, not so… though I still think there’s plenty of room to make that space more engaging…
You dont make a better soup by adding water… you add veg and meat, and a little love…

And this is where I’d like to hear from the Funcom team…
Would you rather make another map, or go nuts coming up with new crazy weapons, armour, and trinkets that add to the uniqueness of characters?

Conan Exiles 2.0
I’m for it!

1 Like

Meeeeeeh I’d settle for Conan Exiles Enhanced Edition (with a new engine). Not that a 2.0 wouldn’t be neat. The Exile returns maybe? Goes back home only to say ‘F this’ and come back?

1 Like

That’s basically what I meant by 2.0

You are llooking at in a physical means only. There is alot of data that is tied to that area, and like @Multigun said the farther from 0,0,0 you get the less accurate AI and opbject interaction will get. It is prgramming space more or less that is out in those areas, and once used, it can get buggy if they overlap something above.

the bat caves in the NE, by the great damn, are an example of 2 data worlds colliding. If you ever noticed, in one of the caves, you actually go past the green wall slightly. die there and try and find your body. lost a couple of good sets of armor due to this. Same would happen if they built above the dungeon areas in those parts of the map. alot of uncontrollable buggy stuff, and then more complaints on this forum.

Instead, they should just update ares with new textures and NPC camps.

Like the west grasslands. They could add some new faction city that set up a village. And maybe some new weather effects of some over arching event in Conan that changes some of the landscapes of current map. Only issue would be interaction with player structures in those areas.

@TeatedCorpse I honestly couldnt see it being as big as the Jungle, there just wouldnt be enough space to accomodate another biome that size. It would probably be closer to the size of either the Highlands or Tundra biomes. Pure speculation though.

Well it is kind of the natural cycle, as cliched as that sounds. New add on content or expansions do inevitably get old. But that doesnt mean that companies should cease creating expansions, or that we as players cease playing through those areas (or biomes) thereafter. Im sure a lot of players from early access remember back when there was no Jungle, Frozen North OR Volcano. But they continue to use them of course for the diversity of experience. Especially if those new areas can offer unique resources, it will keep players frequenting the area.

For the record I would only like to see one more biome, maaayybe two tops. Take Skyrim with its Solsteim (Dragonborn) expansion. It has so much replay value because of the diversity it contributes, especially in terms of the environment/terrain. I wouldnt want to simply see a second Desert or Volcano or Jungle, etc. But if we could offer just one more unique environment/terrain, with a few unique resources, I think it would really make a great thing even better.

Dude, I do understand, but I dunno, guess I was that wierd kid who didn’t have friends and created worlds and wars with toy soldiers, matchbox cars and LEGO…

My second character just turned 58, and you know, I’ve never been to the icy north let alone the volcano…

I’m probably one of the few that hopes flying rhino’s never gets fixed…
the first time I killed one and it went flying my first thought was “yessss I am conan” in a thick Austrian accent of course… (add muscle flex)

I guess my point is, sure an extra scoop of ice cream is good, but does that make ice cream better. Or is a scoop of ice cream with topping better?
That’s my view, enhance what we have, don’t just add more space…

Anyway mate, I’m thinking i’ll Be spending time subnautical till the next patch… download complete… talk soon…

3 Likes

No… You’re not.
Some bugs just make games all the more enjoyable.

2 Likes

My penny’s worth: If ever you get ‘bored’ with any of the three existing HUGE regions, start watching some of the recent streams showing That MOD that allows creating quests and tasks and the like. Setting up battle-arenas for players, new or modified scary creatures (I got attacked today by a croc that was hiding underwater). The added content @Jens_Erik mentioned is already being mimicked by those Admins that can. I nearly got wiped out by some komodo out to the north of Sep-City. New towns, merchants, quest-givers, puzzles are all being added by Admins. Lots of new fun. :slight_smile:
I do wonder how many of the dissatisfied have been over the whole map or who have seen all the easter eggs and chests.

1 Like