Failed to Join Server - Authentication Error

Hey @Sadu,

Please stay on-topic. This thread concerns an in-game issue -where joining a server returns an authentication error-. Discussing whether someone is an employee is not adding to this thread.

Furthermore, asking “Who are you?” is not very helpful (I can assume what your intention/reason for asking is, but I shouldn’t have to do so) and it can be seen as a personal attack; belittling the person for what authority they may or may not have. Personal attacks are prohibited by the Community Guidelines.

Hey @Narelle,

The ‘we’re looking into it’ statement itself should be made by the Community Support team, especially for larger issues. Could you remove this from your post, please?
You can say they are aware of the issue if you want.

If you have an issue with someone’s post, you can flag it. If you have an issue with forum moderation, you can bring it up with a forum moderator using DM.

I would suggest deleting all replies in this thread relating to said discussion -as it can be seen as clutter- and dropping it. If you want to continue this discussion, please do so using DM, point each other at the relevant community guidelines and try to stay civil.

Hey @Meldek,

Please try to be constructive. Eventhough indirectly in this case, your post can be seen as developer bashing, which is also prohibited by the Community Guidelines.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-forum-community-guidelines/54375

1 Like

Just started this game this week. Are they usually good at responding to issues.

Its so cringe just because Funcom decides we need a economy rebalance I cant join any servers now and currently my clan is getting raided and its unsure wheter or not we can hold on. If we cant we lose 2 months of loot thx Funcom instead of fixing bugs introducing new gamebreaking bugs that can make you lose everything just because you need new content that noone asked for and nobody really cares for.

Rather change a working system instead of working on actual problems like undermesh, the poison teleport bug back to your base with your inventory, the underwater walking bug. Nothing of these get fixed but yeah lets introduce some more fany working stations for ■■■■■ and giggles + add another bug that will lose a lot of players their bases when they play on pvp servers. Really good job appreciate your work!

2 Likes

What is mindblowing its the amount of Bugs happening right after the patch.

I don’t undersand why the TestLive server is for? Just Early Access?
They need to use the test live to minimize all kind of problems that can be happen.

Yes, you cant get them all, but the amount of problems today in this forum, after the patch, is absurd.

Sorry about the raid btw, i would be pissed knowing its happen right now and you cant even log in to the server.

1 Like

There was a new Dev Kit put out very early today. You are right about mods causing issues if they have not been updated.

1 Like

i dont understand

Do yall have any VAC bans? I doubt that’s it but I don’t know what they changed server side and i’ve been trying to fix it for the last 5 hours its the only thing left I can think of. This will probably be the first game I haven’t been able to fix myself in the last 8 years.

1 Like

I tried an account on which family sharing was never turned on, everything worked, without reinstalling and restarting.
is it a hint to buy the game and dls again?

I know that I have also used family share with my account (I used it for an admin char not long ago) but I don’t have the authentication error. My family share is currently disabled though. So it is a very strange issue.

spoiler

family access is disabled, even the sharing accounts have been cleared, the history is not deleted, clearing the cache and the like did not help either.

2 Likes

I’ve used family sharing before and I haven’t disabled it since. I have no problems logging into any of the official servers where I play, using my main account.

This is just a data point, I’m not saying anyone is right or wrong about anything.

1 Like

North American private server

I cannot join any server as I have a never ending authentication failed no matter what I do ,restart computer, steam ,reinstall the game and even reinstall battleye please someone get a fix it has only been happening since the update that came out today or early yesterday

2 Likes
main theme problem

Failed to Join Server - Authentication Error

the main topic of the problem
please do not spray reports

pointless response thanks for that

Hello!
I can’t join official and unofficial servers after today’s update.
I got a message

my id 69th#90353
Please help me, I can’t play
Best regards!

1 Like

Hi…i have this same problem after update!!!
PS: I have tryed - restart game and steam, reinstall steam and game, reinstall PC, conan enabled in firewall…unsuccessfully!

1 Like

Did you buy the game on that account or are you using family sharing?

EDIT: This was originally a reply to a different topic and all of it got merged into this one. So I apologize that it’s cluttering up this thread right now, I didn’t know it was going to be moved.

I have same error and done the same steps to resolved. Own the game and never used family sharing.

I have buy this game…played about 2,5K hrs without problem.

Interested will be if they problem will be not resolved till 2 weeks. We all with this issue here, we will lost our bases? ( Decay)

2 Likes