#FanArtSWL Agent Contest - CONCLUDED

Hello Secret Worlders!
In celebration of the newly released Agent Network and as part of #FanArtSWL, we are hosting a little contest in the coming few days. The contest will be presented by Beyond the Veil podcast and sponsored by Funcom.

FanArtSWL_Agents-small

We are looking for submissions exclusively inspired by the Agent Network. Any kind of art you create that showcases the Agent Network in some form will be accepted. Want to create an ominous new agent? Your character interacting with an agent or what you imagine happens to your agent as you send them off to their mission? Go right ahead! If you’re unsure if your idea or concept will be accepted, feel free to send me a pm and I’ll try to clarify.

Contest starts: Thursday, March 1st
Contest ends: Wednesday, March 7th @ midnight EST

To enter, you need to submit your entry to us by doing one of the following:

1. Post your submission in this forum thread
  2. Tweet it to us @beyondtsw using #FanArtSWL

Each submission has to contain your in game character name.

Only one submission per account is allowed.

PLEASE NOTE:
By entering this contest, you certify that the work submitted is your own original creation and does not infringe on any 3rd party rights.

Entrants retain ownership of their creation, but grant permission for their work to be published/displayed (with credit) on Beyond the Veil’s official website, Twitch channel and social media, as well as SecretWorldLegends.com and the sponsor’s official channels.

Once the contest ends, the judges comprising of Beyond the Veil podcast staff as well as Funcom’s Community Management team for SWL (Andy and Nicole) will then vote on the submitted entries.

Wonder about the prizes? Here they are:
Winner : 25 Agent Booster Pack
2nd place : 10 Agent Booster Pack
3rd place : 5 Agent Booster Pack
Two runners up: 1 Booster Pack each

The winners will be announced on the live Developer stream on March 9th, 2017.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :slight_smile:

14 Likes

We are happy to provide support for this event. Since we’re sponsoring this event, let’s get some of the legalese out of the way:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.

Eligibility. FUNCOM OSLO AS and BEYOND THE VEIL ARE THE (“SPONSOR”,“SPONSORS”) ARE THE SPONSORS OF THIS CONTEST (“CONTEST”).

THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CURRENT VALID MEMBERS OF SECRET WORLD LEGENDS WHO ARE THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF A COUNTRY OR TERRITORY WHERE THIS OFFER IS NOT VOID (“ENTRANTS”). THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA, BRAZIL, CUBA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, IRAQ, AND IN ANY NATION OR LOCALE WHERE PROHIBITED BY RELEVANT LAW OR BY U.S. TRADE RESTRICTIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

Employees and Members of Funcom, Beyond the Veil and their respective parents, franchisees, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional, or public relations agencies, and immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and household members of such employees are not eligible to participate.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

(a) No purchase is necessary to enter, play or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Only one entry per person during the contest period.

(b) To enter, All entries must be submitted to this thread or tweeted to @beyondtsw using the hashtag #FanArtSWL.

Players are limited to only 1 (one) contest entry.

( c) By entering the contest, you certify the work submitted is your own original creation and does not infringe on any 3rd party rights.

Entrants retain ownership of their creation but by entering grant permission for their work to be displayed (with credit) on SecretWorldLegends.com and the Sponsor’s official channels.

(d) End dates/times

Deadline for all submissions is March 7th at 23:59 (11:59 pm) EST

THE PRIZE(S)

Odds of winning will be determined by number of entries.

TWO (2) RUNNERS UP:
One (1) Agent Booster pack each (Approximate Retail value of $1.25 each)

THIRD PLACE:
Five (5) Agent Booster pack (Approximate Retail value of $6.25)

SECOND PLACE:
Ten (10) Agent Booster pack (Approximate Retail value of $12.50)

FIRST PLACE:
Twenty-Five (25) Agent Booster pack (Approximate Retail value of $31.25)

Sponsor has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion as provided herein.

Sponsors are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.

Winners of must provide their ingame character nickname in order for prizes to be delivered.

Judging will be based on quality and creativity. A judging group will be selected by the Sponsors. All decisions of judges are final.

Sponsors:
Funcom Oslo AS, Kirkegata 15 N-0153 Oslo, Norway

Beyond the Veil: 127 Argyle Street, Yarmouth NS B5A 3X1 Canada

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is this limited to visual arts (like drawings and what not), or would fiction qualify?

Just visual arts please, at least for this particular contest
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Question does submitter still own the art?

Template i.imgur.com/jk7Pz6u.png (170% of original size) feel free to use it.
You can find futura font in Secret World Legends\Data\Gui\Default\futura.ttf i think FC uses it for the regular text.
The hard to read font is called “VisitorTT2BRK” and it seems that you can find it free on google

1 Like

I (John “JBento” Benedict in game) have made a Tron. But not with that font. That font is bad. I loathe it. But I can’t upload it because I’m a new user? D8

EDIT: I think I can now, lessee. Credit to Starfox from Discord for the awesome template!

8 Likes

We will ask to have a patch update to add Tron like agent :joy:

3 Likes

Lol, JBento :smile:

Yes, the submitter still owns the art. We will only showcase the art submitted and Funcom will stream it during the dev stream on March 9th. I’ll update the rules to reflect this.

1 Like

Because I (Cordelia “Cordite” Harper in-game) like visual bugs.

:laughing:

5 Likes

Update. :slight_smile: This asset has been verified and can be used in player submissions to the contest.

1 Like

I be Starsmith.

3 Likes

Hello all, just to make you aware of it, we have updated the information and rules of the contest with the following:

"PLEASE NOTE:
By entering this contest, you certify that the work submitted is your own original creation and does not infringe on any 3rd party rights.

Entrants retain ownership of their creation, but grant permission for their work to be published/displayed (with credit) on Beyond the Veil’s official website, Twitch channel and social media, as well as SecretWorldLegends.com and the sponsor’s official channels."

1 Like

IGN: Kylaney
Agent: Carter

This is my submission for the Agent Network contest :slight_smile: I’m no artist, so I hope digital art is accepted. Thank you guys for the contest! I love contests :smiley:

See you all on the 9th!

5 Likes

This is my entry (HolloPoint) for the contest.

Ai Against Ai: HolloAttack and Agent Def - Killing Aimee (1,528px Ă— 1,080px)

HolloPoint sends his Agent, Def into the hidden Orochi computer construct to kill the last of Aimee.

I also put a little HolloPoint-Plot twist in… just sayin’ :wink: It’s somewhere in the detail and in Matrix Font code.

Killing Aimee (3,055px Ă— 2,160px Sized Picture Link)

I’ve been O.D.ing on Altered Carbon on Netflix :smile:

5 Likes

My main toon’s in game name is “Incognito”!

But this comic features my Dragon alt! Click for full view.

10 Likes

Just over 2 days left to submit your entry in this contest folks!
Don’t miss the deadline :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doing my best…(scribbles faster)…looking forward to the big reveal, judging…

Elana “Hestian” Drake

Thanks for hosting this.

4 Likes