Farms to produce seeds and plantable trees

would like to suggest that plants grown from seeds also have a small chance to produce seeds as well.
Maybe include a growth cycle? New growth, flowers, to seed, then finally plant death. Harvesting at different times during the plant’s growth determines what you get from it.

Would also like to request plantable trees.
Thinking 3 planting options -
ground (unbuilt on terrain)
Soil building blocks created by gardeners - allowing also seeds to be planted. Create terraced gardens and such.
Tree planters/pots - large pots specifically for planting trees into.

6 Likes

I like where you are going with this, though to be sustainable they would need to always return seeds, at least 1.

true.
Maybe a chance to drop 0-3 seeds. I think there should still be a chance that a player would have to venture out to gather more seeds, which would encourage some exploration and such, if seeds ran out.

@Shadoza
Same here, which is why I suggested 3 different possible methods.
I made a little mining hut, chose the spot cause I liked the trees and shrugs nestled up against the house… Didn’t realize the next time I logged in, those same trees and shrubs would be despawned cause of the close proximity to my building site lol

Oh. Another idea for planters - allow the plants to smoosh up/cut off when placed against/near walls/structures, rather than clipping through them.
Large plants can block narrow passages/hallways, from outside.
(not sure if this would even actually be possible, though)

If you are on PC there was a mod that had placeable tree to use. As decoration. As sustainable it is possible. but for server this would be a little bit too heavy cause this would add more Tick and ping for server to keep track of.

It a miracle that we have crafting station as they are.

It’s VERY silly to make all this stuff for growing some plant - and then you again have to go far away from your base to gather new seeds. You can gather what you need without any planters as well and not bother about this ill-smelling compost, don’t you? Dear Funcom, you are not some Monsanta! Plants growing in planters MUST give some seeds too, they usually do so in real life. Look at the Horticulture mod (now plugged into the Emberlight). It is balanced perfectly (I’ve seen the author balancing it “in real time”). Just add a couple of strings to your script, and there will be gardens all over the desert.

1 Like

Would also like to put plants on unbuilt on ground, not just planters.
Would be nice to be able to plant various plants around structures, without the use of planters.

1 Like

Plantable trees yes please!

1 Like

Exactly, as it is now the planter doesn’t really serve any real purpose beyond decoration… I mean why bother with all the trouble of making compost and planting seeds when I could just juice the seeds for more oil and just run over to where I got the seeds in the first place if I need more of that plant?(Especially since going to where that plant grows is the only way I can get more seeds to grow it… It’s not really farming if it’s not sustainable…)

2 Likes