Fatal Error game crash while equipping outfit in SP Exiled Lands

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: N. America
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Since the latest update/patch, the game crashes with fatal error message. Every time, it’s been just after I get an outfit out of a chest and try to equip it. This has only occurred in single player in the Exiled Lands map.

Installed Mods:

Savage Wilds

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Open large chest
  2. Remove outfit
  3. Close chest
  4. Equip outfit

I rarely indulge in these forums anymore, so if you reply, it may go unnoticed for some time. I’ve sent error reports every time the crash has occured.

I am confused, you are running Savage Wilds but reporting an issue for Exiled Lands. Are you saying that it works fine on Savage Wilds but crashes on the base game map?

It asks for installed mods to be listed. I was just indicating that the mod was installed as requested above.

You are correct, it crashes on the base game in Exiled Lands, single player. Not in Savage Wilds, Isle of Siptah, or on my dedicated servers…at least so far.

1 Like

sounds like the problem is in the mods u have instlled. just cuz you arent using them doent mean that that modified files arent getting called up on normal maaps.

humor me. disable and uninstall ur mods and see if still crash.
crashing to desktop is USUALLY caused by 3rd party software, not windows, or ur gpu drivers(assuming they are updated),nor the game itself. Just having google chrome open in the background for example could cause graphics crashes because windows sstill renders a “still” image of the app. so if your browser is calling up flash for some BS advert on a site u have open, guess what? it might try to use the same resource your game is using and the drivers will go KAPUT.

1 Like

Ah. That is some useful information. I had a crash the other day on testlive - but it sounds like having Firefox open in the background (which I don’t normally do) might have been the culprit (or at least a contributor)? I’ll add that detail to the report they’re looking at, so Funcom has all the data. Thanks.

sure, and when ur done with them, plss send them my way i have been CTD relentlessly since last update.

I’d recommend making a report (but wait till tomorrow - I’ve noticed reports made at the weekend have a higher chance of getting missed) - stick in any details you can think of that might help them track it down, and make clear you have the relevant log files etc (or some of them, if it’s happening a lot). I’m not expecting to hear further from them on this one - I’ve given them all the files and info, and they’ll take a look at it and try to solve the problem - unless they need me to help test something specific at my end, I wouldn’t expect to hear back again. But if the conversation does continue, I’ll let them know you mentioned you were having crash issues.

Update:
After about half a dozen crashes, the problem seems to have resolved itself. Beats me.