Fatal Error on official server login

Game mode: Online Official (1020)
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PVE
Region: EU

When I logged on to EU official server 1020 through the server interface my game crashed with a ‘fatal error’ as soon as I load in. On this server, I have a level 60 character with a maybe 300 hours playtime, plenty of thralls, medium-sized base, etc.

I checked to see if the problem is mod incompatibility (even though official servers don’t support mods) by loading into single player with mods, and single player loads fine with all my mods working correctly.

So I tried 2 different multiplayer servers, one official and one non-official - both allowed me to create characters and worked fine.

Just in case, I deactivated and unsubscribed to all mods. My game still crashes on official server 1020.

I decided to try a direct connect with the server IP and it didn’t crash, works fine. So I re-subscribed to all my mods and tried a direct connect again, and it doesn’t crash and works fine.

I was assuming the issue had something to do with mods, but clearly the crash is coming from the protocol of the interface-based login as pertaining to my character / base / playtime / idk. So for now I have to use direct connect to access my main game, which is not a big deal, but there is clearly a conflict with the protocol of the server interface since today’s update.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. See above.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.