Fatal error problems after Update 37 - Feedback thread

I have two servers. One is running with no issues. the other I just get this error every time.

Removed all mods. Wiped the DB’s. Verified the files multiple times. No change. Can’t get it to start.

Here is a log.
https://pastebin.com/2PHmDLZL

Game mode: [Online official]
Type of issue: [Crash]
Server type: [PvP]
Region: [Latin América]

[UE4 everytime i try to conect to the server, can’t play. Was fine the first time, now i can’t even enter the game]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Conecting to server
  2. Waiting the loading screen
  3. Waiting more
  4. UE4 fatal error!

_

Played fine the first time, but now i can’t play because everytime i receive a UE4 fatal error.

Found a temporary workaround by putting the graphics on laptop mode at the first screen and then switching back to original settings after in game.

Game mode: [Online private ]
Server type: PvP ]
Region: [Please enter your server region]

Just before logging on to the server it crashes with the standard crash message. It worked fine before the update. Now, i can’t get. I have updated the local files, uninstalled and reinstalled game, loaded with and without Battle -eye; renamed the 40900 folder (or whatever it is called).

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Could you list all the mods you are using, and, have you tried without mods yet?

Game mode: [Online official]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU (Russia)]

crash game ( error-memory cannot be written ) at startup, and crash in the game-world after I press a quick key (@"2) to make a building element (roof (Turan DLC)

1.First i put - (PC Patch (03.09.2019)
2.After installing patch, run game and get crash and error- " memory cannot be written."
3.On the second attempt, I go into the game and press the quick slot number-2, for create a roof (Turan DLC). And the game crashing with the error again (memory error)
4.I check the integrity of the game. After i run game… again press the quick slot for create of roof, get again crashing game and error (memory error)
(mods I don’t use)

Sorry for bad English, I hope you will understand me.

I’m having problems after patch too. Mine is with UE4 fatal error

Hey everybody,

We’ve merged all threads reporting fatal error crashes into this one to focus the feedback and be able to address you all in a more efficient way.

First of all, those of you experiencing these crashes and with mods installed, please make sure your mods are up to date with the latest game version. It usually takes a few days until mod authors update their creations to be compliant with the latest patches. Until that happens, please either play without mods enabled or wait for them to be updated.

For those of you experiencing the crashes without any mod installed (not even a single “inoffensive” one, that part is important), we would like to get additional information to try to track down the cause for these issues.
It would be of great help if you could let us know first, what action triggered that crash (let’s say, opening a chest, crafting station, inventory, loading a base and so on). It would also be important to let us know if the crash happens in single player, coop mode or in an online server (if it is a private server, again, please make sure there is NO mods running in that server at all). Finally, any system specs and graphic drivers you are using would also be interesting to know just in case there would be some sort of incompatibility in that regard.
Finally, could you try this workaround by @thesimon2 and let us know if it stopped those crashes for you?

Thank you all in advance and apologies for the frustration.

2 Likes

Changed graphics settings to"laptop mode". The game crashed during the loading screen.

Started the game in single player mode, made several actions in the game and changed the graphics settings to (medium settings). The game works well.

Through the menus, started the game on the official PVE server where it was previously crashing. Produced several actions from those actions that led to crashing game previously… everything works well., game does not crashing :slightly_smiling_face:

Played - 20 or 30 minutes in the game without crashing. Сlick-exit the game and after the game window has closed, I get an error message. ( the game window was already closed at this point).

I read message from “SirBowen”, and i add -
“despite the fact that I got no crashes after I have made steps in the game described above. I had also just barely visible a frieze in the placing of construction objects.”

(sorry for bad English)
(I playing without using mods.)
(playing in windowed mode)
RAM 12Gb
Video : GeForce GTX 750. Driver - Ver. 436.15 (8.27.2019)
System - Windows 7

1 Like

After a lot of Fatal Errors, here are some kind of a report. I hope it helps to figure out what happened.
Report counts for both, Singleplayer and Multiplayer private server without any modifications.

Fatal error appears:

• when I try to place building pieces quick in a row, for example 10 walls or 10 foundations. No matter which kind of Building theme so far. I can feel a short stuttering/microlag and than boom Fatal error. But not everytime, but often.
  • when I try to delete a lot of building pieces at once with admin command “area destruction”.
  • sometimes when I try to place a building piece out of the quickbar, and the slot is empty allready (grayed out slot). For example, I only have 10 foundations and i accidently try to place the 11th one.

P.S.: Even in “Laptop-mode” try to place an grayed out foundation causes the Fatal Error.

No Fatal Error appears:

• All is fine, when I quick teleport via admin command all over the map on a full server with big buildings to load.
  • All is fine, when I fooling around and try to bring up a fatal error by running around in 100x speed for example.
  • So every stress test I made works perfectly fine, without any Fatal Error so far.

The only fatal errors I got so far are when placing or deleting structures on the whole map. Different locations and building parts tested.

I hope that helps to narrow it down somehow, and maybe others can confirm this observations.

Greetings
Sir Bowen

My Computer Specs: *newest Drivers

Case : Deepcool Tesseract (ATX Design-Midi-Tower | Black & Blue)
Power Supply : beQuiet! System Power 7 (600 Watt | 80 Plus Silver)
Processor Unit : Intel Core™ i7-4790K (4× 4000 MHz | 4x 4400 MHz Boosted)
Processor Cooler : Silent (Socket 1150)
Mainboard : ASUS Z97-K (Socket 1150 | Intel Z97 Chipset)
Memory (RAM) : Samsung 16384 MB DDR3-RAM (1600 MHz | 2x8192 MB Dual Channel)
Graphics Unit : ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | 4096 MB GDDR5)
First Dual Monitor : BenQ RL2455HM Gaming (24"TN Panel | Full-HD 1080p | 1ms GTG)
Second Dual Monitor : BenQ RL2455HM Gaming (24"TN Panel | Full-HD 1080p | 1ms GTG)
First Disk Drive : Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD (540 MB/s read | 410 MB/s write)
Second Disk Drive : Seagate ST1000DM003 (1000 GB HDD SATA)
Optical Disk Drive : ASUS DRW-24F1ST (24× Multi-DVD-Writer)
Docking Station : Sharkoon Quickport Combo (USB3.0 HDD Docking Station)
Local Area Network : Realtek 8111GR (1000 MBit/s Gigabit Ethernet LAN Controller)
Soundsystem : Realtek ALC887 (8-Channel High Definition Audio OnBoard 7.1 Controller)
Soundcard : Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Fatal1ty
Speakers : Creative Inspire T7700 (7.1 Surround Sound System)
Headset : Sennheiser PC 150 OnEar Stereo Headset
Webcam : Logitech C920 HD Pro (USB 1080p)
Keyboard : Sharkoon Skiller Pro Illuminated Gaming (9xMultimedia | 6xMacro | 3xProfile Keys)
Mouse : Sharkoon Drakonia Black Laser Mouse (8200dpi | 11xButtons | 4-Way Scroll Wheel)
Mousepad : Sharkoon Drakonia Gaming Mat
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Okay i can cause a Fatal error with 95%.

Multiplayer, Private Server, No Mods.

Step 1. put 10 Arena Foundations Dark themed in quickslot 1.
01%2010%20Arena%20Foundations%20Dark

Step 2. place them quickly somewhere.
02%20Placing%20them%20quick

Step 3. try to reactivate the grayed out slot 1.
PNG
Fatal ERROR instead of “Not enough resources” message.

And also sometimes if i mass delete something via Admin Command.

2 Likes

Thanks @SirBowen for the detailed report about arena foundations. We tried to reproduce that crash but we couldn’t do so. Is there anything else you’ve done in case there’s a missing step we’re missing? We’re relaying that info to our QA to see if they can repro it on their end.
Our team has isolated an issue that would cause a fatal error crash upon joining a server, such as the one @rascal is mentioning. It’s been fixed internally and should come with the next hotfix.
We’re still looking into crash reports we’re receiving after the patch.
Apologies again for the frustration.

3 Likes

Just adding to this, knowing that several servers I know the admins of encountered issues with any attempts at initiating a door piece off the new Blood and Sands DLC from the hotbar in PC, getting fatal errors.
I didn’t experience it using the Turan pieces. I was not building with foundations. I use them sparsely since I’ve never trusted them since way back with all the stacking issues and lagging the server.
I am getting the DLC nag screen (please disable this or give us a means to check never show again) twice per game attempt.
*Fire up Steam
*Conan
*Battle Eye
*Nvidia
*Movie
*DLC nag on top of Menu
*Hit back, get Main Menu
*Play Online
*Select Servers (does not matter which one)
*Movie again
*DLC nag etc AGAIN
*Attempting connection
*A) Fatal Error - never connects
*B) Connects, any attempt to move camera, Fatal Error
*C) In game with no interaction at all, no moving mouse, 15 minutes, move mouse/camera Crash
*D) Game connects to Server (private, PC, PVP) several splash screens, Crash before getting in
I have validated files 6x’s. I am on DSL, I am not willing to delete and reinstall the entire game so there has to be some other work around for that. Anything that can be done in one of the .ini files maybe? Setting something to False or True?
I hope this helps in some fashion. I am really beyond frustrated.
thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Ignasi,

no apologies needed, we are here to help you guys out as good as we can.
The only thing i have done before Step 1 is making myself Admin. (thx to the server owner)
Also to mass delete all structures with Ctrl+Shift+Delete.

in addition:
I dont have problems joining a singleplayer game or a multiplayer Server. No Fatal Error here at all.
It also doesnt matter if i freshly joined or being on the server for a while.

P.S.:
Oh and sometimes after Step 3 when i get the fatal error and rejoin the server, i have the last foundation back i normally dont have anymore. Which means it is placed on the ground and also back into my quickslot (duped). Hope that can help you guys.

1 Like

Hello Guys

Like SirBowen i have problems in the admin-mode, if i want to multi delete foundations (all kind of Tiers and DLC) the game crashes.

-first Step: Making me Admin (thx to the server owner)
-second: delete a single structure (everything is fine)
-third: delete multi structures (Ctrl+Shift+Delete) -> Game crash with a fatal error
rejoining the game …the structures, i want to multi-delete before the crash, are gone and my character is in a completely different place than before.

I tested with graphics high, middle and low, but the fatal error remains. Even the laptop mode doesn´t help.

In singleplayer i have problems placing some mod-decorations. But in this case i will wait until the mod has been updated.

Best
Rhiannon

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

Myself and my friend have had some very odd fatal errors i will describe them below and i hope it helps pinpoint the causes.

We logged on separately from each other with myself around an hour before my friend… he made all 3 new sets of armour and handed me the full set of new heavy… but only four pieces were in my inventory, somehow the gloves had vanished.
Once i had the new armour on we both had fatal errors at the exact SAME time and were kicked this continued with logging back in successfully and then getting kicked less than 2 minutes in the game but ALWAYS at the same time as each other, after 6 times of this happening the gloves reappeared in my inventory and we decided to put the armours in a box and not touch them.

We decided to test the new building pieces and once we had all the new building pieces down my friend tried to create a new piece from his greyed out slot on his quickbar and we both had fatal errors at the exact same time again.

We would also simply walk out of our front door which is a temporary base made of sandstone and it would gives us both fatal errors and kick us from the game.

We decided to move and recreated our base about 100 metres north and we have NOT crashed together since then but we have had fatal errors since randomly out and about in the world.

A few times if one of us was to log on it would kick the player already in the game out with a fatal error.

We are on a multiplayer server running only pippi mod and although we understand it “could” be the pippi mod i hope this tale of fatal errors can shed some light on what is causing it.

As far as i am aware we are the only people on the server who have been kicked nearly everytime together with a fatal error.

2 Likes

@TheMajorRuin I can confirm such double fatal errors.
I have been informed that players are testing various things on the server I am on.

They report the following, which is very similar to TheMajorRuin:

• Both immediately got a fatal error when one of them opened an improved furnace and the other one just stood nearby and did nothing.
  • One put something in his Chest, the other got a Fatal Error who stand nearby.
  • Running around in his big base triggers the Fatal Error for both …

They tried changing to Window-mode, Laptop settings (all LOW), Starting Battle Eye manually …
No difference at all.

2 Likes

We can confirm the improved furnace issue as we just replicated this and it caused a double fatal error and kicked both of us from the game at the same time.

We recieved another double fatal error removing us both from the game after i repaired a 25 minute burn time torch after taking wood from a large crate while my friend stood still but we cannot replicate this so not sure if random.

Quick edit we are now getting double fatal errors activating any kind of bench or chest but it happens randomly

3 Likes

And i have same problem,Czez Republike.In single playeri its ok ,but PvP Fatal error

My computer crashed 5 times today, when I was on 1044 Official and furthermore, my journey points got reset - says that I should ‘Climb’, ‘Eat’, ‘Drink’, which I have completed a year ago.

Could you please listen to what people say, and dont make this a “you need to update your driver” issue. And it happens just randomly, anywhere on the map, so its not located to a specific spot.