Feedback on new Oils

I like the idea of the new oils, but as described on the stream, there is very little drawback to them. Having them come off of the timer with a sliver of durability doesn’t stop them from being quickly repaired with legendary repair kits or the like.

If at all possible, I think it would be better if oils simply reduced the items max durability by a set amount or % with each application. This is purely hypothetical based on what I saw, and I’ll definitely need to test it out in game first, that’s just my first impression

1 Like

New oils?

He’s referring to the devstream today. They introduced some changes to certain weapons, new mod kits, special oils(timed buffs) for weapons, and some other interesting things.

Check it out!

2 Likes

Beat me to it haha

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of the new oils at all. I have met no one who has asked for a higher level of tool/weapon upgrade. Not to mention that the “Karma” effect on the Nemedian helm makes durability less of an issue.

2 Likes

I don’t care for them. Atleast in regards to PvP there isn’t much need for higher tier damage or armor penetration than we already have.

Most Serious PvPer’s already hit like trucks anyway.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the actual buff/debuff numbers. When it hits test live, the dev kits may be able to shed light on how it really effects other mods etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.