Feedback & Suggestions

Choosing dungeon…

Problem with people running the easiest is not problem of choice but problem of rewards. It’s beyond Secret World abilities but I will say it anyway.

If every dung had a counter how many bosses are killed inside (or even per boss) and rewards were scaled by that significantly (not like TSW’s slight bonus for four times longer dungeon) it would regulate itself. It would measure the difficulty and all runs (speed and full) would be equal.

So if people think of running Ankh over and over they should be allowed to. But their rewards would shrink to almost nothing after a while.

2 Likes

[Costumes]

It would be fantastic to be able to save costume sets and easily swap between them. I have several go-tos that I swap between. Right now, doing so is a pain.

3 Likes

[PVE] With new Dawn I saw you opening up a new continent, I suggestion that may help speed up new content creation production and maybe reducing alot new raw graphic production by reusing older graphic objects like furniture and building from other zones.

My thoughts are that you should consider using multi-zone investigative content connected to New Dawn expansion content.

Pros 1 - you do not need to create new objects graphics in older zones - instead reuse older props (furniture) and inside empty building. (example - sort of like the psychic in the basement in Kingsmouth sort of thing)

Pros 2 - You can focus more on story investigation content creation without having to wait for the creation of new props thus speeding up playable content. String them across several story linked zones with clues and story activities, allow deeper exploration parts of older story strings.

Pros 3 - it serves as game content filler, it should keep players coming back with quicker new content production turn around, while you are still creating New content for the overall story line of secret world and zones. (Props, landscape, new ppl and activities)

Just suggestion for [PVE]

@talfordlee, you can use mods for that. BooBuilds definitely works and I’m told Fashionista works, too.

Still, one might think that in a game using outfits for monetization, having a baked in outfit manager would be a no-brainer. I fully support the idea Funcom should implement one.

2 Likes

Could also do what Star Trek Online has done with their Infinity Boxes. Which is basically all lockboxes in one, but you choose from a category when you get a rare item. Basically, for a week or two Infinity Boxes will drop instead of a regular lockbox. Here’s an example of how this would work in SWL:

Examples:

You roll on the costume set table: You pick which costume set you want.
You roll on the purple weapon table: You pick which cache you want your weapon from.

[PvE][PvP][Misc]

[Misc]

I think “blue chest everytime” event would be nice.
I think people would like the boost that they get xp-wise (and it’s not THAT huge to break the game) and the increased change to get the agent in the end of dungeons/scens.
Also this would benefit FC as well since people would buy more keys to run the content more.

Maybe not every time, but an event with a significantly increased chance. Maybe 33.33% chance of a blue chest? It would still draw people like you say.

[UI] [Modding]
This is probably a suggestion for @Glaucon. I asked for this once or twice back in TSW, but I’ll pop it here as well. It would be nice if there was a Signal that triggered when an item enters our inventory that indicated where the item came from. Mission reward, achievement reward, dungeon chest, loot item on the ground, AH, trade, etc.

[PvE][Misc]

I, like many others here, have a rather tight budget of uninterrupted free time for playing missions. When I do have time to play, I do exactly three main and three side missions, to maximize my MoF earnings within those limits. This messes with the story flow heartily, and what makes it worse is I have to leave all story missions for the odd chances I actually have extra time, since they don’t count toward dailies at all. I love the story, but I also love my social and sprints and inventory space and all the other things MoFs can buy.

Once we’ve finished the story, I suppose none of that matters because it’s all just ala carte repeats anyway. On a first playthrough, when there even are story missions to play and a storyline to follow, it would be nice to be able to play in character, following a logical progression through the story, and still get activity rewards. Some of us just don’t have time to play more than a couple hours even on a good day, and the MoFs are rewarded for a specific density of play, not for slow, steady progress.

Suggestion: reward any mission / story progress, not categories

Change the daily side and main mission rewards to 400 MoFs per Main mission and 200 MoFs per side mission, up to 2K total, then if you unlock the bonus challenges, 200 or 100 per mission up to another 1.6K total. Or whatever that is. I don’t have time to unlock it right now to check.

And mark each stage of the story missions as either Side or Main, depending on whether it’s just travelling and talking or a big action scene, so those count too. Well, maybe there are some stages that are too trivial to even count as sides, but others are main story villain boss fights.

3 Likes

[interface]

1. Remove that annoying afk protection that the game automatically closes if you aren’t doing anything for a while. It’s just making everyone paranoid that if they go away from the pc for anything that they come back and have to start the game all over again, which depending on system can take a while.
    2.Give the GMs some kind of ability to create a sound when the game is tabbed so people don’T have to wait with the game open all the time to not miss a GM for issues where the closing of the game is not helpful (mission issues especially in terms of achievements) or to inform the player to look at their tell messages since it happens that people overlook this.

Except its mostly the blue weapons from the lists that are BiS. Honestly, I’d rather see them let you buy items from an cachebox with TaF Open enough that you don’t get what you want? Spend TaFs and buy the item you want.

The sound for a tell is still there.

1 Like

It’s there, it just doesn’t make a sound when the game window is not focused, which is something that should probably be re-evaluated.

2 Likes

New Dawn

Positive feedback:
I LOVE it! Thank you, thank you and a thousand times thank you.
Some things that made me happy in detail:

• Lots of traps, even deadly and intelligent. Zero frustration with all of them, they were all fair and not too easy.
  • Encountered zero bugs
  • Giving us the chance to not feel like the superhuman immortal weapon of mass destruction.
  • Change of behaviour in some Foundlings during the night. Looked through many windows. Firstly, out of concern for their well being and secondly because I’m curious by nature
  • Area had lots of NPCs that made the place lively and they even had random lines and greeted
  • Intelligent and new placement of Lore (hatching of the little egg just to name one example of the many)
  • If one takes their time, you can unravel some secrets and darker stories
  • The decoration over the warehouse gate reminded me of the demon Buer
  • The way you made the piled up corpses warehouse… ooof, nice job.
  • Loved the normal, everyday chores (almost felt like a vacation. No KG, nothing blows up, just my crops and me…)
  • The irony to wipe off our own graffiti or repair the trucks that miraculously broke over night
  • Weak points in bosses instead of one big hitbox. Awesome! Not just blowing it to bits (like with portal Hel)
  • ZeroPathogen dino hatchling was too cute. Didn’t manage to shoot it and kept it around for minutes. It didn’t bite me, that were all just love nibbles…
  • My jaw dropped when the She-Devil came out to “greet” me in person. Gotta admit, that I heavily hesitated to let the anti-comm guy out of his cell and that I regretted it instantly xD
  • The gorgeous athmosphere at night and the music. I NEED that track
  • Water golem looks nice and his attacks too

Suggestions and criticism:

Visual: Whoever is responsible für lip / mouth movement and creating the inside of mouths… Has some weird
outtakes. After a certain point of the game, errattic movement could be seen when entering Tokyo and getting the cutscene with Sarah in the subway, Jung on his seesaw and lastly the lovely wife in Marquardt’s mansion. Gaping and… green?^^

Misc: Please give me the option to turn off the bright blue visual tracking, like I can turn off mission markers. It is good to have, I can see that, but I don’t need it.

Expansion: Instance the whole new Morninglight area.
RP reasons: You are sent in alone with Che and aside from a few agents who tried to pull off that stunt and got captured, you are left to deal with that situation on your own. No connection and just a shady dude you can’t really count on or trust. You are basically alone in the enemy base at least from what the story tells you. I liked that desolated feeling.
RL reasons: There is nothing more immersion breaking, than seeing a bunch of players there in their flashy clothing hoverboarding around, while you try to act like you are really undercover. It can get crowded in “your” hut and it isn’t fun or easy to keep staying in character, harvesting crops with all those other people buzzing and twitching about.

Even though I was so damn hyped for this new stuff, I waited over a month after your content update before I dared to log back into Legends to not have my game experience ruined. I waited years for this content, it means a lot to me. Point is, it shouldn’t even be necessary to take and think about such precautions.

In addition, the story advancement felt rushed, coming there and BAM the first night you can reach the next level. Why not have the players spend at least two days of Morninglight routine? What I did was spending a whole 4 day cycle, before going up to the guard and it still felt like cheating. I didn’t even have the option to not stirr up trouble and to fill my own basket, but no, I stole someone else’s work. That is not my way of doing things. Especially it irritated me when everyone near the gate congratulated me on making it to Annointed. How the hell would they know? I didn’t earn anything… But yes yes, personal tastes and choices, don’t mind me in that regard.

While the first stage felt lively with many things to explore and chores to do, the Annointed stage felt bleak and empty. I was really getting my hopes up, doing a few rounds and days of “blending in” and “doing my job” (helping out at the printer shop, the kitchen or do my effing telemarket business. I know, we don’t speak, but what about choosing a computer voice and react to the customers on the phone? Multiple choice like with a certain time limit given to react.) before the next step. I mean, one can have these additional activities as optional for the story mission. Whoever wants to go ahead can do so and the rest is allowed to gather some more points. I don’t care about item or token rewards for that. Well, to say it short: Again, it felt rushed. So I hope, there will be more to do soon :slight_smile:

On a side note almost off-topic, this might also show again the need (at least for some of us) to have a housing option. Settling down somewhere, far away from all the trouble, do field chores if you like, build a chicken coop, a pond for your chibi tentacle friend, a dog house or whatever to have a place for your pets to roam and in general to have a place to live and return to. No need to make it a farming sim, but I hope you get what I mean. I liked having a place in that world, as much as I detest the Morninglight.

After all of that really glorious stuff and the mission line ends, I was still totally immersed in the story. Okay, I need to check back with the Venetian guy and BAM advertisement pop-up in your face. Well, uhm, okay, that’s one way to tell me that storytime is over. Not a nice one though.

Edit: Miss investigation missions…

tl;dr Consider optional ways to solve missions. Examples:

Mission Suggestion: The Kult of Personality
Alternative / Optional ways to end the mission
After gathering 10 corn as usual, following option will show up:

1. Steal another Foundlings harvest (like the only choice right now -> resulting in a fight)
  2. Fill up your own basket (no fight-> collect 30 crops -> combineable with the Harvest side mission)

Both ways will make you carry a full basket to the truck (either “ill-gotten” or “well-earned”) and grant the same points. But at least our agents will have a choice.

Mission suggestion: Things that go bump in the Night
Alternative / Optional final Tier: Finding and picking up Marika’s arm, will finish the mission, but not automatically credit 1000 points / upgrade us to annointed.
Leave the bracelet in our mission item inventory. Progressing of the Story Mission in 2 ways.

1. Use the bracelet by talking to the guard post (illegitimate access)
  2. Gather your own points and use the scanner at the Annointed gate
1 Like

[Feedback] So this is something that has annoyed me for a long time honestly. Exclaimer: this is my own personal opinion and i know some people wanna shoot me for this.

Long story short: Can monsters/traps associated with Sabotage missions, be tagged not to ignore you when you reach a certain level.

Sabotage monsters should not start ignoring you, just because you outlvled the area. Makes some of the Sabotage missions, not much of an achivement if you just wait some levels. That is if you havent already outlvled the place the first time you get there. Even some traps act like the mobs. Example would be the filth in the upper level of the Blue Ridge Mine. My 36 character is dancing around on top of one right now.

Edit (additional information after newbieshoes reply):
The Ghosts and the Darkness: Filth Traps ignore you.
The Orochi Group: Orochi outside camp ignores you (debatable if they should). Is harder for an at level player.
The Prometheus Initiative: Transformed Scientist (shades) ignores
The Living Oil: Darting Hunter (locust, debatable). Honestly if people run into these they are trying to fail.

[Feedback] Mission: Room 502. I really miss being able to read the notes as we could back in TSW. I guess they used to be descriptive of the next location we had to go to, and as such understand the old notes were removed. However the missions seems really empty and uninteresting without the notes to read.

3 Likes

The filth traps in the mine? Because I know the Hate Machines inside the mine are level 50 and will 1 shot you.

Otherwise the only example of mobs ignoring you for being outleveled is the shades in the open world area used for “The Prometheus Initiative.”

Is this for Secret World Legends?

Yes the filth traps, they completely ignore you at lvl 36. Not so much at 34.

[PvE] I throw out most of the rewards I get from the Agent system because they’re trash. Some possible solutions:

• make agent distillates free to use
  • instead of giving distillates, accumulate xp in a pool and create a distillate once it’s useful (around 1k xp)
  • instead of giving distillates, give tokens players can use to buy distillates from a vendor (like Dawn vendor)
  • create missions for agents to purify/combine distillates

These ideas have come up before, but I was throwing out more distillates and was getting annoyed with it so thought I’d mention that it’s still a problem.

4 Likes

Hello, here is a little feedback or request.

• Do you think it is possible to set up the Chronicle system as in TSW ? This would allow to have a ranking of players among other things, no need to explain what it is :).

• Plus is it possible that you communicate more about your current job.
    The community supports you but you do not know what you are working on. We simply report that you are working on a fix that will arrive soon, that you advance on group content or on the story allows us to know what you are. I do not mean to give dates of course but just a regular thing for us to know or you are in the development.
    @AndyB
    Thanks for reading me,
    Faster

4 Likes