Feedback & Suggestions

[PvE] devstream agents feedback kind of :
I really liked what the system designer was talking about - how you want to have more of systems and so on, only what I see as a problem is rewards. I realized that when I was thinking about something to look for, I was thinking about something cool, something extraordinary, but agents brings distillates mostly. The problems is that distillates and a few types of equipment is the only thing to get in Secret world - all the other things are gated behind levelling them up in a painfull way - so that is the system - you can only get some limited number of pieces of equipment and you need a lot of xps for it. And that is repetitive and boring.

And you will get always this problem - that any kind of reward will just speed up this bauble of xps and the only thing behind instead of character levels, is just OP weapons and equipment = OP players saying that everything is easy or doing the same dungeon for another bauble of xps.

I know that there is not really much of room for something else in this agent system, but some passives, which will again make the character more OP.
I guess that was the reason in TSW to have auxiliary weapons as another thing to work with, but not OP or those consumables to craft.
So I don’t know how it will looks like, maybe the Season 2 will have more of cool rewards, but generally in the game - could there be more to get than a pack of xps and passives which will make that character more powerful? So maybe adding back again atleast something similar to those mechanics from TSW would be a good start.

EDIT (to make this post even longer):
When I compare this game to Warframe, which have sometimes the opposite problem than Funcom games, they have something like glyphs - it is a simple picture of a player - so an example of sort of cool reward would be if the agent would bring another version of his picture. Looks stupid, but for some players it looks still better than a pack of xps - some players would be mad if they would get this, but I don’t know - it is just an example of what I’m talking about. And sorry if it is there already and I overlooked it (I know I’m not really careful with reading)

EDIT2:
after the agent system went live - it looks OK, still I can imagine the different pictures of agents they could bring - like drunk picture or beaten face or different hats.

EDIT3:
I just discovered all the cool rewards are locked behind museum grind - I will never be able to reach this without some sort of missions for museum, so well, thanks… I feel like it is pointless to say anything because casual players asked for this so long time before - I really believe this is one of the reason why you don’t have such players in this game.

He means the area based “Local bounty detected” kill missions - they show a yellow hexagon with a crosshairs in the middle of your screen when you get given one. The dungeon daily is one of those.

Oh, a bounty mission. Yea, I know what those are and yes, the daily dungeon is a bounty. What I’m saying is that the daily dungeon bounty triggers when entering the Prison of the Unbound. That’s a bug.

We could use a Trade subforum.

Much love for this!

Edit: Missions in / from the Hubs would be awesome in general

We really want to keep subcategories at a minimum as it starts getting cluttered the more things end up on the front page. So far I’m considering a Gameplay Discussion (theorycraft) category and maybe a Marketplace category, but so far am not 100% on either.

3 Likes

The idea of one Gameplay and Theorycraft sub-section is nice. The content in it should be very fact-based and quite different material from general discussion. It would also help those who are new to SWL and are interested in theorycraft to zero-in on a specific category to browse.

The same reasoning could be applied to creating a sub-section for a Marketplace; and it would help connect buyers and sellers who are in different time zones.

If you have too many categories, Support and Bug Reports could be merged as they are related topic and content-wise. Unless, there is a reason from the Dev side that they want it separate. In the long run I can see one being more used than the other.

Otherwise I think everything that used to be in the old forums and Reddit you have covered with all the other sub-categories.

[Misc] I request that the Reddit link below (sorry haven’t looked up formatting) be stickied so it is #1 post on the main Reddit page:

/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/7zqnud/the_official_forums_are_here/

It would be great (but unexpected) if you were also able to post on Reddit that Forums and Discord will be the main community channels.

This will hopefully minimise your (and other CM’s; and devs) hassle of now having 3 discussion places to moderate and respond to. I hope someday you get the go-ahead from Funcom to outright close down Reddit as it is now redundant.

Yup, I’m more than willing to be flexible on category types, I’m just trying to keep the number of categories on the frontpage to a minimum because it gets too cluttered with too many categories. I’m thinking I could combine the Bug Report category with a Feedback category (like we do on Discord) but again, trying to avoid making a ton of categories.

We’ll see how it goes; it’s super easy to change things around here so if it’s needed, we’ll do it. We need to see how things go before we make kneejerk changes though :slight_smile:

1 Like

[Misc] Agent Network: Just on a side note, I really consider it weird and strange that our faction would let us have the responsibility for another agent, before they even trust us enough to hand us our first uniform / accepting us as a full member.

Suggestion: Please tie the sending and handling of agents to rank 5 and thus a later level. Until we hit that point, our agents have enough to do and new players will not run out of content anytime soon either. No need to adjust the dropping and aquisition of dossiers however. Just introduce the feature not as soon. Aside from that, much love for the network and faction interaction <3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

[Misc] Forum: Have a sticky or something else for coming update(s) in the first page, like really visible.

I’m reading the new forum since yesterday and I haven’t seen anything about the update before guys start to talk about agents.

I do put stickies up on the SWL Forum frontpage under the main “Secret World Legends” category (which only admins and mods can post in). Are not seeing them when you’re at the category homepage? e.g. https://forums.funcom.com/c/secret-world-legends

Right now there should be a sticky saying ‘READ ME’

thank you andy, I’ve read the Readme but have not noticed the update lines at the bottom of the page.

[Interface] The new Agent UI is really hard to read at 1920x1080, the font is very very small (and this is on a 28" monitor). (This is an overall issue Secret World has actually.)

1 Like

[Interface] "A re-design of the skill window(s)"
My own opinion, as follows;
The current skill window is an annoyance, jumping between tabs is a tedious experience, and with the Anima allocator window in place, the skill window seem alienated. No other window in the game has as much “free space” as the skill window has. Therefore, I’d like to see a change.

A more compact design allow for comparing abilities easier, and having two tabs (actives & passives) visible at all time allows for more accurate comparing between what abilities work well together, and which ones do not.

Side notes:

• The ability to hover over “current build name” and use mouse wheel to scroll between builds.
  • The ability to hover weapon types and use the mouse wheel to scroll between the different types.
    I’ve been obsessed with scrolling lately… thanks for catering to my needs :kissing_closed_eyes:

For your rifle request they added a specific rifle to the last cache that goes that. Instead of going boom, you do a little extra damage with your grenade.

For the foot/leg thing. Only if the game does not let you wear socks with sandals.

Interesting idea, I think I’d lay it out like this though.

• buttons to anima allocate 100% to either role the weapon serves, on the same side as the actives of that role
  • ability-specific passives next to their abilities (with 2 holes for the basics, which should really both be the 1st ability on that row)
  • non-ability-specific passives under the role they suit better (eg. in hammer, Die Hard is a tank side move)
  • slotted actives and passives all visible, not just by looking at your toolbar

Since capstones aren’t really part of the ability tree they don’t need a particular point of favor within it, just stick the button to unlock it over on the right side tooltip ui.

2 Likes

[Agent/Interface] on the list of available missions, please show (1) how long the mission will take (2) what assets it requires (instead of what it rewards)

2 Likes

[PvE/Items] Can we please standarize how shotguns are carried on the back…currently some shotguns are placed really weird on the back.

[Items/Pets] (Agents)
I feel the drop rate of these are way too low. Personal anecdote, I played all evening and didn’t find one (not counting the intial freebie), even though I was concentrating on activities that had a chance to reward one.
I don’t expect them to drop like loot boxes, but right now it seems way too low, especially for characters that have already been idle for the past few months waiting on something new, not just a new reason to once again grind out missions.

4 Likes

[Interface] Agent system: A mission completed icon on your characters at character selection screen would be very helpful.
:sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes