Feedback & Suggestions

suggestion

[Items/Pets] Increase* the damage output from the Shadow Bound weapons.

The Shadow Bound weapon effect is pretty cool (maybe the black swirl is a bit much), but it lacks in th department of damage, adding approximately 0,135 CP/s. Most weapons are above 0,3 CP/s and some even pushing 0,4 CP/s and above. Now, I’m not asking to make Shadow Bound BiS or something, but maybe reduce the gap a bit? Aim for 0,25-0,30 CP/s or something?

*People much better at maths than me can figure out the best way to do this, be it reducing the internal CD, increasing the chance of it being cast, having the Revenant attack twice or increasing the output from the attack outright.

[Items/Pets] Shadow Bound. I’ve had them so long now I’ve gotten used to them… mostly. In particularly creepy new areas, though, his black cloud still remind me how annoying he can be.

How about cutting down the revenant’s long and distracting entrance so he has a better chance of getting an attack in before the fight’s over? Dramatic entrances like that are fine for mobs or anime characters, but we’re not pausing to wait for him. Maybe it’s just because I’m still just in Egypt and overpowered for the area, but that revenant almost always arrives late to the dance and wanders off alone.

It sounds like you’re saying that even if he does arrive before the fight’s over, and gets into range to hit something, he does less than half the bonus damage other exceptional weapons do. I would suggest that, given the other issues, making him show up more frequently would be a less than optimal solution. That would make him more distracting, although in conjunction with cutting the entrance animation, it might balance out.

He has a weapon in each hand, right? Maybe cut the entrance animation and delay and give him one attack with each hand. Quicker, less distracting, and potentially twice his current damage, without showing up more, or more of them showing up at big fights.

[Interface] Can we get a look-behind us button? I know that tab targeting is pretty much said and gone, but being able to snap look behind our characters would help on quite a few fights (looking at you Machine Tyrant).

[Dungeons] We really need the Gatekeeper back (at least for E5+). Item Power is in no way a meaningful measure of if a player can bring what is expected of them to a fight. Players that can’t even break 4k DPS on a stationary fight with 100% uptime have no place in things like E8. There is some flexibility to work around it with sustain-tanking right now, but that’s in the crosshairs to be nerfed.

I agree. E1-4 is a great way to introduce dungeons and get everyone playing, but above that the difficulty spikes to a level where a well tuned gatekeeper test before moving to the next tier seems appropriate. It would be nice to know the the players in your group at least have the capacity to clear the content.

Gatekeeper was rubbish and only taught people how to beat Gatekeeper though. I mean, it’s a great idea if your end goal is “screw anyone who’s not great at the game” but in reality players who struggle in e5+ are going to get better through practice and being helped by other players much, much faster than they are by endlessly banging their head against a single solo-instance fight.

Obviously, not everyone has the time or patience to help struggling players and that’s fine but in that case just find a better group instead of asking for new and better ways to exclude people who are still learning.

Dungeons need a lot of stuff like mostly someone that understands math to rebalance them so bosses aren’t 1 shotting tanks with auto attacks, fights like Machine Tyrant aren’t so tight with 4 dps and a sustain tank and otherwise impossible, address threat, the fact that defense and evade glyphs are effectively worthless.

(Feedback PVP)

Dear Funcom,

we had a private organized shambala event this weekend.

What really bugs me is, that all my defense glyphs, and I run 2 hit and all defence as Tank, did not count and where remove from EF Buff.

I did get the Equal Footing Buff and had no HIT (2%) tons of crit and critpow.
My Tank stats are Glance reduction 38% glance chance 30.2%

I don’t want to PVP as DPS tank, with tons of protection crit and crit pow. I wanne play an defense or evade tank in PVP. Also my tali that trigger on glance are useless in PVP if I don’t have any glancereduction at all

Consider this, if we enter PVP just max the gear we wear. If one is entering with 2 hit glyph give virtual 2 red lvl 70 hit glyphs. If he enter with 5 defense glyphs give him 5 red max lvl 70 deflect glyph.

Thank you
Scratch

There is the V button…not sure of it’S usefulness in MT but the function is there.

Deflect glyphs? You mean defense glyphs?

srry deflect was the old term, yes defense

This person was geared for E10. They had E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, and E9 to learn to play their role. They got this far by being carried and never being told “you need to get better.”

Rebalanced or not, they have to be balanced around the assumption you’ll do some particular amount of damage. The of this person couldn’t even do sufficient DPS for the E5 Machine Tyrant. At E10 gear.

Then either retreat or kick them and then find someone who can. It’s not rocket science.

So I kick them and maybe get a replacement. I vote to retreat and all the players besides them get penalized by wasting our time. I leave and all the player’s that aren’t them suffer because their tank just left. Yes, it makes perfect sense to penalize all the rest of the players in a group because one person can’t pull their weight?

Ok, so what you’re saying is there aren’t enough dps players (lol) to replace that one guy who can’t pull his weight, so the solution is to reduce the number of dps players available? Makes perfect sense. :v:

Your problem seems to be that you seem to think somebody must be penalised if a group fails to clear a dungeon and yeah, if you look at it like that then I can see why it would seem unfair for it not to be the guy who couldn’t pull his weight. The thing is though, sometimes groups don’t clear dungeons and it’s not the end of the world. If you want a super efficient group that clears e10 flawlessly every time that’s fine but you’re very unlikely to find that using groupfinder and that’s not a flaw with groupfinder that needs to be fixed.

[Feedback] Please stop favoring group content.

They don’t. They really, really don’t.

There are enough DPS players. The question is whether the group finder feels like adding those players to an ongoing run. Anyone who has played dungeons for a while know the group finder works in mysterious ways. You may be missing a DPS, you may tell your friend to queue, yet even when your friend queues, the capricious group finder may decide to have your friend wait for a fresh full group instead of yours. While you just wait or continue with 4 people because the group finder blacklisted you? Nobody knows.

There’s a difference between the group not clearing the dungeon and one person not pulling their own weight. It also doesn’t have to be the end of the world for anyone to give feedback about the dungeon gating system being worthless in its current state. It’s not constructive to shoot down the feedback of others through irrelevant comparisons and logical extremes.

You also have a problem. You’re treating the IP thresholds as gospel. It’s just another gating method like the Gatekeeper and it’s just as flawed, if not more. Item Power is a rubbish gating mechanic. Even when we disregard player skill, it doesn’t account for passives, capstones, extraordinary effects, gear pips, agent bonuses, etc. IP doesn’t care for anything other than how much time and/or money you wasted on the IP grind. It’s just arbitrary numbers set by Funcom and they are open to all manner of feedback and adjustment.

Most of the time, inexperienced players queue for the highest tier they can. Not because they had to. Not because they enjoy it the most. Not because they want to push themselves to the limit. Not because they calculated the XP/time and thought it would be the best for progression. Simply because the finder allowed them.

So it really irks me when you refer to this situation as “somebody must be penalized”. The only reason that somebody can run E10 is because the finder told them they could. It’s not “penalizing” if the finder instead told them they can’t. It’s just a change in the gating ruleset.

Well that certainly sounds like a problem but I’m afraid to say the solution isn’t “start banning players”. :v:

Fine, if it’s constructive you want: how about a “VIP queue” option that’s only available if you’ve beaten Gatekeeper?

Yeah, can’t imagine where I got that idea from.

I’d go a step further and make one Gatekeeper encounter for every elite level (including 1) and role.
Those unlocks could then also be applied to NYR for its respective levels.

Uh, in that quoted post Rose is saying that the rest of the group shouldn’t be penalized for getting rid of a player who isn’t geared.