Feedback & Suggestions

Do you work for the police by any chance? >_<

Sorry had to say that. +1 on the reputation idea though I’d like to see something like that, especially faction based.

There is a mod called BooBuilds that lets you save outfits, weapon builds, and attach outfits to weapon builds. It’s very handy and easy to use.
https://www.curseforge.com/swlegends/tswl-mods/boobuilds

[Cabal] Cabal Bank Suggestion:

So i was thinking that maybe we could expand the cabal bank, not as a default from the get go, but through cabal points which are earned when cabal mates do stuff together.

• Duo Scenario, if done with a cabal mate could give points.
  • Elite dungeons and Megas with at least 3 cabal mates in summoning group.
  • NYR with at least 5 cabal mates.
  • Not sure with lairs as they can be done with 5-10ppl

This would make it possible for actual Cabals, but prevent it from being easy for those only using a cabal for more bank space.

1 Like

I like the idea of getting a special reward for playing with my lovely cabal mates.
But, it would be unfair to punish free players, with low inventory space.

2 Likes

Not inventory space. This is the cabal bank, and as it is, free players can’t use the “make a cabal for bank space” tactic. One could also add other things into the point system, or some return reward for the cabal members helping with gathering points. Whatever one can come up with.

It’s a bit of a stretch do describe that as “punishing free players” lol. :v:

Cabals definitely need more bank space.

The event in itself doesn’t force a time schedule on you.
Compared to many other games it is fair and pretty chill.
I’ll get the final login-reward even if I am not able to come online daily due to RL, I see the once an hour fight as an option to pass time and there even is a rotation. So even if you miss one, you’ll just have to wait until it comes up again.
Free keys weekend also is a nice addition and a great boost to all my equipment. They will happen in the future, too, so no stress.
And there’s the HK fights, which really gives the player a lot of choices in total.
If you however choose, that you need to run it all, that’s up to you then and that’s how someone will burn themselves out instead of enjoying themselves.

I do know that some won’t get what I am trying to say, but I can live with that. To make the most of an event isn’t to grab everything there is. To me, the event is a fun activity. Personal highlight is the BEEhemoth (can’t believe we don’t have an emoji for that yet).

In short: Don’t see the need for a change in the event, but a change in players and their approach on it.

2 Likes

I know several people that play for free. They use multiple accounts because otherwise they would have to pay aurums to get another character slot. So a cabal is the only way to have a common storage space.

It would be easier to promote cabal recruitment if the personal bank was account wide for example, or if we had something similar to the mail system to withdraw stuff.

Your idea is great because it will encourage active cabals to play together and get rewarded for it :slightly_smiling_face:

But you don’t have to prevent others to play as they want. If they prefer getting in a “fake” cabal for alts and multi-account toons, and benefit from the actual default space in a cabal bank, it’s fine.

Free players cant deposit or withdraw items from the cabal bank. This is done on purpose by funcom to discourage ppl from using it for trade or account storage. They sell inventory and personal bank space. My suggestion doesnt change, it just goes in line with how it currently is.

This doesnt make common storage free as it is right now. They will be paying for patron instead of a one time Pay for a char slot.

Not if your main account has TSW benefits, and the free accounts are basic mules.
For new accounts, imo it’s better to grab a one month sub, grind with buffed main and mules to buy the second character slot with exchanged aurums.
Then, when sub is over, and if you don’t wish to renew it, you can have someone helping you to withdraw items in the cabal bank.

As it is, the cabal can be substitute with a private in game chat.
Your idea to reward people for playing as a team is great.
Don’t have to take away what is “granted” :sweat_smile:

Not taking anything away. It just doesn’t add to what you want it to add to =P. By all means make a seperate suggestion for that

xD I’m not asking for anything here.
Just don’t get the point of : “expand the cabal bank, not as a default from the get go, but through cabal points”
Getting more cabal space than the default through cabal activities would be nice.
But reducing the cabal bank default space in tiny cabals is not.

Never said anything about reducing the current space. Expand on the default we have. Nowhere did i mention reducing anything of what we have now.

Then I misunderstood the “not as a default from the get go” quote.
My bad :wink:

[Abilities]
Assault rifles without explosions

• Hellfire rifle already in use. Still, with a fist/rifle heal build I sometimes do not launch a AR power ability every 5secs or so. The constant BOOM BOOM BOOM is so annoying and unnecessary. I’d like to see a passive ability or weapon ability, that removes the time based launch and replaces it with a “if you launch a power ability, your grenade will be used up in the process”.

I know I wrote something similar before, but was given the advice to use the Hellfire Launcher AR to counter the grenades a bit. So I wanted to try that out before coming back here again. Please note: I don’t care one bit about the damage the grenades deal to me and I know about the passive to remove said damage or the one that expands the cooking to 9s.
What I would like is ANY option whatsoever that enables me to use my AR without forced explosions in my face. I gladly pay for that option with reduced DPS output and since it will only be a pasive / weapon passive it won’t affect any other players who don’t mind explosions.
I don’t want to remove the mechanic or cancel the loading of grenades. Those are fun to a lot of people, while to me it is plainly aggravating.

Please Devs, consider one tiny option like this.
Edit: I wouldn’t even mind if you made that special weapon a cash shop item. I am more than willing to pay up to 10 bucks for it. Honestly.

1 Like

[PVP]
I’ve literally just returned to SWL after about three years break, so please forgive me if I’ve missed anything that’s been already said on subject. That said, from what I’ve heard and read, it seems that the biggest issue with PVP is that balancing ruins PVE experience.
So why not go for a different solution altogether?
What I’m talking about is implementing a battle royale mode.
Everyone would start ,naked" and in the process gather weapons which give predetermined abilities. Say, MK I weapon would grant one active and one passive. MK II - two, etc. This would allow developers to handpick abilities with no impact to PVE and even if some builds would be more powerful than others - it would still work (think PUBG - some weapons are better than others, yet it still is immensely fun to play).
And same old playfields could be used, like Kingsmouth for example.

Also, before someone goes “battle royale is fps genre only”, there are certain games, even MMOs where it has been implemented successfully (A mobile “MMO” Crusaders of Light has something similar to this, I’ve tried it out recently and it’s working quite well).

Also, it would make all PVPers equal in this mode, a two hour character wouldn’t be weaker than one year old one.

1 Like

I don’t like the grenades. They’re really just not my style. Sniping kinda is, but these grenades have a mind of their own, and that’s exactly the opposite of what I want in my rifle. I wanted to give them a try because that’s the whole AR gimmick, but now I really wish I’d never bought any grenade abilities so they wouldn’t even load.

Could we please get a sniper rifle with no grenade launcher? Maybe give it a bonus to range and single shot crit damage on unaware targets, but even if the only change is just not loading grenades at all, I’d switch to that as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Misc

Please add an option to disable group effects. The elemental lightning stuff especially is pretty bad and I can now understand why my wife can’t play in groups now. I have been trying to help her get Talos of Gaia lore 11 which still hasn’t dropped and the headaches are about to make me give up.

1 Like

Do you even read, bro? :smiley:

I tried. The HELLFIRE AR is not a solution and won’t hinder the grenades to blow up in your face.