Feedback & Suggestions

Another suggestion for Occult Defence - as well as making the announcement of their arrival a bit more obvious, give the different special enemies unique icons on the minimap.

2 Likes

@Lulz … I think you meant to post this in the Conan Exiles forum… or are you suggesting that Secret World Legends should be more like Conan Exiles? Do Agents count as Thralls?

1 Like

moved to the propper Forum

yes thought this was conan exiles forum my bad

Crit Power rating could use a raise of 300-450 to its soft cap. Right now, equipping an agent with crit power rating when you’re at the two glyph cap is just depressing.

Hello, do forgive me if my suggestion is already listed (i do not feel like reading 800+ posts).

(Abilities)
Immutable in its current state is way too strong. It would be better if instead of always granting heal equal to 40% of maximum health did this: if tank’s health is below 35% of maximum when the effect expires, it will be restored to this threshold.

Pain Suppression’s passive (No Pain No Gain) basically gives tank 8 seconds of invulnerability. It would be better (in my opinion) if instead the hate generation by its healing would be doubled.

(PvE)
The bosses’ damage could be more sustained and less spiky. Currently for the healer it’s like: “meh, meh, meh, Oh my god!” It would also be a good idea to introduce more groupwide damage, sustain tanking meta practically eliminated healers.

I would also love for the manufactories to make comeback. They were full of interesting story and without it it’s impossible to finish the Orochi wing.

The last one is a bit of nitpicking (and totally unimportant): the side room in first encounter in Slaughterhouse and both side rooms before the fifth encounter in the Facility have no entrances.

There’s pretty much no way to balance sustain tanking versus tank + healer setups and sustain tanking can’t be nerfed or removed at this point without throwing away literal months of grinding by a lot of people. I think the best we can hope for is some kind of band-aid for tank + healer to make the damage more manageable and less “you made a single mistake: rip in peace”. :v:

With that in mind, I’ll make the following suggestions:

1. Add “healtank” as a group finder role and allow dungeon groups to start with one of those + 4 dps as well as the current “traditional” role setup
  2. Make Stalwart and Elusive glyphs give additional health as well as defence/evade rating, to give tank + healer setups a little more breathing room, without affecting sustain tanks in any way

Edit:
While we’re on the subject of groupfinder and roles - can we do something about NYR story making everyone wait for 2 tanks and 2 healers when it’s doable with 10 dps nowadays? Maybe make it start with a single tank, if that tank is above a certain IP threshold?

1 Like

(PvE)
Group finders were what killed social aspect of dungeons. Before them people had to talk to each other to create group. One could not be *** because then they would never get a squad. Nowadays? Also, you dont even need to talk. All your teammates may as well be NPCs. So how about making it possible to circumvent the group finder by allowing private squads to enter dungeons, say from Agartha? People would then stop using the group finder, of course, so there would have to be incentive to use it - like extra distillate for example.

(Missions)
Last tier of Abandoned mission is great way to bring community together. We need more missions like that.

Or you could try using the private group functionality GF already offers. Ticking a check box ain’t that hard.

Not really, dungeons are still randomly chosen.

Good luck with running particular dungeon for achievement or for practice.

Private groups can retreat immediately after entering with no penalty.

Yeah but that’s a pretty tedious work around.

But it does work, until Funcom realizes how stupid it is not to let private groups pick their dungeons directly.

1 Like

That’s only one of many stupid things Funcom have done since releasing Secret World Leg Ends though, and despite being told so many times, they have not fixed any of them.

… they really do need to hit private groups with that deserter penalty to drive home just how important dungeon randomness is for people to be able have fun!

What? Given how adamant they’ve been about their atrocious forced randomizer being a good thing, that’s an infinitely more likely outcome than Funcom actually trying to put a bit more of the fun back in SWL.

2 Likes

From the way the groupfinder works currently, it seems like it’d be possible to add private group queueing but it would certainly be inelegant UI-wise (the menus would be nested four deep or so) and there’s obviously a concern about how it would affect queue times for the randomiser. Sure you could offer extra rewards for randomiser (though exactly how is a practical concern - the dungeons are notoriously badly behaved, so could you trust extra rewards to appear when they should and only when they should? :v:) but:

• The most readily available data on whether that actually works or not would be from TSW and the people with access to that data are the ones who decided not to follow that model in SWL
  • How big would the bonus have to be before “doing hell raised with a bunch of random yahoos” looks like a better use of your time than “blitzing polaris with a premade death squad”?

So I can certainly understand why it might not look like the best use of dev time. A possibly better/quicker fix would be having the groupfinder “forget” private groups once they’re in a dungeon, so they can immediately queue for another dungeon without having to leave and remake the group first.

Given how rare it is for HR to be beatable in a randomizer group, no bonus would stop me from clicking ‘vote to retreat’ as soon as the group fails a boss due to dps problems. Most people would probably get their randomizer rewards from doing E1s same as in TSW people ran Elite instead of NM.

Even if the reward was “after completing all 5 in randomizer you get a 100x bonus” it’s still a better strategy to quit on bad groups and only try to run HR when you’re in E5+ with a bunch of 3-4 E overgeared people. The 3 minute timer on MT is deeply unbalanced compared to any other dungeon fight.

The timer is 5 minutes now :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, haven’t been in a while cause most groups fail on boss 4 with the one shot kills.

The only challenge in the game is now gone

2 Likes