Feedback & Suggestions

Thanks for the hint with that rifle. I’ll be on the lookout for that one then and try it out, but still hope there will be an option to not trigger/use grenades at all if no respective abilities are equipped. Would be a better solution than that ONE magical item :smiley:

Edit: Checked the rifle. If I don’t use a rifle power ability, it will still beep and boom. Sill, better than nothing. Glad you suggested it!

Prepare for socks and sandals… we already have a mankini, so let’s have a bad taste contest^^

To incentivize mission content replay (RNG is a cruel mistress), replace Agent Dossier (?) mission reward with an Agent Reward Bag, which rewards one of the following:

• Intel or Supplies or Assets (common reward)
  • Gear Reward Bag (lower chance)
  • Agent Dossier (lowest chance)

I thought about it…the best thought I have is to turn agent dossiers into a new thing: Agent dossier fragments which would represent parts of one complete dossier.

Why that? It’s far less frustrating is you have a higher chance for a piece of a dossier compared to having a incredible low chance of a full dossier.

Ah, but then people get much more data for calculating the real odds of getting dossiers. (eg. if you get 2 fragments per mission and it takes 50, then you know it’s 1/25)

I think in terms of data it’S only a question of time until we get good spitball values so or so…it definitly would speed this process up but is that really a so bad thing compared to the low dropchances that bug people right now.

[Forum] Reconsider your “social guidelines” regarding “I quit”-threads.There is a huge difference between

Your game sucks, you suck and I QUIT!!!

"Hey, I love the game, I played for 6 years but ran out of things to do. The new system motivated me to check in again, and I REALLY want to love it, but the overall experience was so frustrating that I will probably continue my break until the issues are sorted out. Here are my reasons:

Reason 1
Reason 2
Reason x
I understand the need to moderate the first type of thread. It’s trollish, it doesn’t provide any feedback and overall feels distracting in the forum flow.

The 2nd thread type on the other hand

1. offers constructive feedback for the devs as to why the player is frustrated
  2. opens up a discussion that gives insight if others are experiencing similar problems
  3. potentially allows other players to give helpful advice how to decrease the frustration and keep the player engaged
  4. and overall might lead to suggestions for improvements how a game feature might be more successful with the player base.

One of the threads is disruptive, the other constructive. One is trolling, the other allows discussion, the very thing a forum should encourage. Inherently constructive posts should never be penalized in any imaginable way, be it forum bans, deletion, closing of the thread, censorship, infractions or just even scolding via PM. Guidelines should be exactly that, some cornerstones to guide you through your everyday life on the fora, not some set in stone rules with their violation being punishable by death. You don’t have to go all forumnazi on someone because they say “I want to take a break” from the game.

Now I understand that my post is technically violating the 11th commandment “thou shall not question thy forum moderator” but then again I like to imagine it falls under the very same category of constructive post as described above.

PS: This is the thread that lead to this post:

Personally I have to say it’s beyond my comprehension how a moderator can pretty much say in the very same sentence “your concerns are very valid” and “you are violating the forum rules /close”

PPS: And I don’t even want to go into the semantics of “taking a hiatus/beak” (temporary nature) vs. “quitting” (permanent nature). So technically it wasn’t even an “I quit”- thread…

I never look at anything on that page. I would never have noticed it if I hadn’t read this reply. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one.

To me, the only reason exists is to pick a category to go into. Beyond that, the page is worthless to me. I’m sure there’s a way to pin topics globally so they show up in all categories.

And side note, since we’re doing Twitch emotes (which I’ve already found and used several times) we need DansGame. Definitely must have that one.

Agents are not listed in the MENU - if you don’t know to hit ‘P’ there’s nothing in the interface to tell you (well, the chat box…).

[PvE] Could we get a second start button in scenarios that skips the opening cutscene and has the narrator just say “Save five people and watch out for bombs” instead of rambling on for forty seconds? I’ve got nothing against the guy’s voice but standing around hearing that same spiel starts to get old after the first few hundred times.

[Cabal] It would be nice if cabal members could pick an activity or note to be listed next to their name in the cabal tab, to help the shyer folks find dungeon groups/scenario partners/etc.

[Interface] Agent info needs to be visible in the Dossier tooltip. How am I supposed to know who I’m buying on the AH if I can’t see base stats or anything? All it really needs to show are the 3 base stats and the traits.

Isn’t it interface slider? But I wish some other of those options there would have louder version, so maybe higher Master audio would solve this problem.

I realise this is a refrain as old as time but I haven’t seen it brought up on the new forums yet :smile:

[Misc] Let us buy multiple pedestals in the museum and don’t stun us for five seconds every time we use one.

[Interface] PLEASE put a more noticeable confirm dialog when deleting AH mail messages with MoF attached. (Or as Peloprata says below, just retrieve the MoF from any message with MoF attached that you delete.)

[Interface] Make it so that hovering over your listed items in AH shows the time remaining and the list price.

I think he is talking about the ones that auto pop when you enter an area, the kill X of Y assignments. Not sure of those actually clear this though.

Yes, this so much :slight_smile:

You can double left click on bags to open them while they sit in your inventory while the Vendor window is open.

[PvE] Make scenario chests stick around indefinitely. I can understand there’s the vague possibility of an exploit with dungeon chests (someone leaves and their replacement runs back through the dungeon hoovering up loot) but that can’t happen in scenarios.
[PvE] Let us use the group finder in dungeons and scenarios once they’re completed - if you’re running them back to back, it’s annoying to have to sit through two loading screens (and remake your group) each time.
[PvE] Speed up the fade-in effect after a loading screen and let us control our characters during it. It looks fancy but if you get a mod that disables it, it’s frankly ridiculous how much of the loading time is actually just “for show”.

[PVE] A book or file/dossier on your own playable character that helps you unlock secret areas in forthcoming zones with small, additional content. This book/file would give a brief summary on your accomplishments throughout the story, and list some of the rarest achievements you’ve earned.

Maybe there are Gaia Guradians who guard the entrances to these bonus places, and “judge” (by completed content check) whether you can handle the content within based on what story missions you’ve completed, as well as some other “unknown” checks, such as lengthy achievements where a percentage of bestiary or location lore obtained is a factor in the content check. These places could be well hidden on the map, or be instanced.

These missions could be a new mission category called “Off the Record,” and your report ends up going to or being intercepted by the sweetling bee messenger. These small missions could have unique monsters/enemies behind them, or be small, but difficult investigation missions. The rewards would be things you can only get in these special areas. While the reward is this “secret” content itself, other rewards like pets, clothing, dossiers, etc, could only be found here for mission completion.

SPOILERS: This book/file could also play a part in the story, depending on how events play out with your faction and The Swarm. This could lead to a decision where you choose one or the other, and your book/file is updated, and allows for updates, with future content.

Effectively, this book/file of the players could act as an artifact seen in other mmorpgs, that upgrades in a way to unlock bonus content, as well as change depending on future story decisions.

/option SplashScreenFadeInTime 0
/option SplashScreenFadeOutTime 0

They are missing from the settings menu though

Nice, that’s good to know - what does the fade out one affect though?