Feedback thread: Coop Mode issues after 2.3 - Playing as other player's character, connectivity issues

Greetings Exiles,

We’re aware and looking into a couple of issues introduced with 2.3 regarding the coop mode.

• First, guest players playing as another player’s character.
  • Second, possible connectivity issues (maybe related to the first issue if not experienced pre-2.3)

To make collecting feedback about these issues more efficient, we’d like to ask you to send us your reports about these issues in this thread. Likewise, we will merge any threads reporting this problems into this one.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for any frustration caused while we look into this problems.

3 Likes

Game mode: Co-op
Problem: Bug
Region: EU

My friend who plays on the ASIA Server and I who play at EU, we play on his Co-op Session and after the update when I join his game I play as his character and he cant move or do anything. I basically take over his game.
I Cant find my character anywhere :C

5 Likes

My brother and I have been having the same issue. How does this even happen Conan?

2 Likes

I have the same problem

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

@Community several others on other posts same issue

I am having the same problem

1 Like

Seems to be an issues for everyone in co-op mode on PlayStation. Hopefully it gets patched rather quickly.

1 Like

Fiance and I are having the same issue. There is absolutely no way for us to play together right now and it’s frustrating considering the incredible amount of new things we want to work on in our game.

2 Likes

Im getting this problem aswell. When i join my cousin he somehow becomes a spectator and i take over his character instead of loading into mine. DEVs pls fix this quickly.

2 Likes

We have the same problem. We tried to join in coop but we overtake the character of each other - basically the hosts character.
We tried to skip this issue by taking of the arm strip while the friend is joining. By this we cloned the character!

Another way was to invite the friend, then go to reset the character and finally the character accepts the invite - by that we could create our own characters. Anyway this is no solution because the save data of the characters will get lost, obviously…

We hope that they fix this quickly ! Is there a way to inform them faster?

1 Like

Me and my daughter are having this problem as well.
Login and take over there character and they can only watch.
Wee bit broken.

1 Like

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [USA]

I absolutely cannot connect to my friend co op world we’ve spent days working on and finally just started our larger scale building project after this new update.

I checked my game 3 times to make sure it’s updated and PS says it’s the right version but I can’t join at all now. Wtf funcom this is exactly why you do multiple smaller updates instead of 1+2 giant updates because larger scale updates tend to break things more than fix them, or bring their own new wave of issues. which is like 1 step forward 2 steps backward since consoles despite being up to date now still feels really behind in some cases. Please funcom you have to pay closer attention to these things for consoles. do you guys not have a tester console to make sure it works and have QA for console or are we just the guinea pigs now? what happened?

Don’t worry the changes in the update make the game just completely unplayable now anyway. Stamina is a nightmare now and will get you killed cause you can’t regen unless you stop or walk slowly away from a fight. And now you need 20 benches to do what 5 used to. And I hope that new project isn’t in the snow cause armor does NOTHING to keep you warm now. Can’t believe they thought this update was a good idea. Someone needs to be fired.

4 Likes

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [USA]

Just got the big where I invited my friend to join and he join while I was running the game broke/froze fore me my camera can’t move but he’s controlling my character and now walking drains like he’s running because they joined and took over while I was sprinting smh.

1 Like

Game mode:Coop
Problem: Bug
Region: US East

My wife joins my co op game and she joins on my character instead of hers. did not have this issue before the update. we only play this game together so it is broken for us. Also says the her character is in a different clan. I see that we are not the only ones with this issue as well.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Play Coop
  2. Freind joins
  3. Friend takes over you character
2 Likes

Exactly the same issue for me and my gf.

2 Likes

RIP for the game

@roberthk @HerculezJT hey guys report this to Zendesk

they are busy putting out fires so be reporting that way is probably best. Waiting to get home and see if my wife and I can get on our server her playstation and mine still downloading :upside_down_face:.

@sestus2009 they are talking about an issue in co-op. There is no point sending them over to ZenDesk. As there are multiple reports by now on this issue, it is probably safe to assume that it is something caused by the latest update and something for Funcom to take a look at. It is also something specific to the PS4 patch because neither PC nor XBOX have such reports.

2 Likes