Fish Traps are OP

If the concern is truly “immersion breaking” because players can put fish traps too close together and in very shallow water – the simple solution is for the player to make a conscious decision to spread out the fish traps and to make sure they are in deeper water.

2 Likes

except thats sometimes not possible. and even in shallow waters there are fish.

1 Like

You abuse a game mechanic and call it overpowered. ****ing millennials

1 Like

no there bugged on my us pvp server fishing traps don’t last hrs or a day I never heard of someone destroying fishing traps just plain stupid if they did lol

great point this post shouldn’t be open lol lets just close this and never talk about this op fishing traps lmfao

thanks!

imo. you can say that dyes are OP too since you can just dye your armor brown and you’ll basically be invisible when sneaking trough scrubs and rocks at night…

Now I understand why people complain about the official servers and why Funcom are not moderating them. Most people comments here are not interested in solutions or talking about this, name calling and insulting is common practice here.

If you think that this is wrong then please put reason into it and put this out here for everyone to read.

@aspargus Was not going to post but your last comment is fairly irking. THERE IS only ONE (1) Solution…YOU.

So since you are not seeming to understand…let us use The Chocolate Scenario. :smiley:

So…everyone knows Swiss/Belgian Chocolate :chocolate_bar: is yummy and can really get the hormones rolling. :dizzy: It actually feels good to eat it. :kissing_heart: So you keep chomping it down and soon you become sick and throw up. :face_vomiting: Whew! That chocolate makes me sick! I will not recommend anyone eat that! What? Huh? Why did you eat soooo much to make you sick? Well, I could not stop because it was soooo tasty! :expressionless: Wha? So you blame it on the chocolate? Are you insane? :neutral_face:

Same applies to your Fish Factory. Let me ask you this…why not just keep going? Obviously the game can handle even more…and Funcom is not placing any limiters on number of these things per player…so just keep going. Put the fish into the composting bins and let them rot really fast. You could be the next Dirt King/Queen. :yum:

Lastly…that water is soooo shallow only very small fish could ever traverse it but they would swim right through these traps. Force a little realism from yourself and put them in proper waters. :wink:

6 Likes

That’s like 125 traps? Seriously that’s basic on at least one shore of Big Sperm River, every PVP official I’ve been on. Nobody knows why a clan does this, as they’re always full for the rest of us to eat… no taters, Precious.

Take a walk to Asagarth and there will be two human-built towers overlapping the little pond there to support protected fishing and thralls. It’s important to never fuel one’s enemy, so why do people think about doing this open fishing at all? Would you really gather 1250 branches just so enemies can snipe your oil in a few zigzag passes?

Hmm… All the better to snipe the enemy poachers while they snipe for the fish?

1 Like

The traps already have a small collision area around them which means you can not stack them. Extending this area would simply means one person or clan will claim more land potentially preventing others from placing traps close to their bases.

Spreading the traps out further or being more restrictive about where they can be placed will make it harder for people to build defenses around their fish farms. For the PvE community - harder to defend traps - may only have an impact if their fish traps get destroyed in a purge. However for the PvP community it has much more of an impact for them making raid-proof or theft-proof farms.

Spreading the traps out can also have an impact upon spawn locations of resources and npcs as the owner of the traps will have a bigger claim area … I’ve seen this when large bases have despawned that resource nodes that I’ve never seen in the vicinity before appear. And I do not mean from underneath where their buildings used to be but in the near vicinity that I used to constantly run over /past.

Being more restrictive about where you can place the traps will also make it significantly harder to get a location to place traps. I frequently find I can not place where I wish to due to “not enough contact with the ground” as the land drops off too steeply in the water for the traps to be placed …so they end up in very shallow water. Adding the restriction that you can’t place in shallow areas will make placement impossible in water areas that drop off quickly and currently have a very narrow band of placement ability.

2 Likes

if you don’t like that you placed 100s of fishtraps in the river…then why did you placed 100s of them?

If you don’t like the aesthetic of it or think it’s OP, then remove like almost all of them.

You could place like 50 fluid presses back to back almost on top of each other and line the same river with them and then you wouldn’t even have to walk very far to do your oil production!

Should fluid presses be nerfed too?

1 Like

it’s a good point, in my opinion there should be a deficit if you place too many of them in one area.

Like they take longer to fill up when there are too many next to each other.

They are not op, just too spammy!

1 Like

they are only “spammy” if you place a lot of them. simple solution: dont place that many!

1 Like

please tell that pvp players that just don’t want to have the hustle walking to the water 500 times a day, instead they easily place 1000’s of them!

then they nees the resources dont they :stuck_out_tongue: ans how exactly is a nerf going to stop them from needing these resources?

thought we agreed not to post anything on here lets close this post

1 Like

The calls gone out. Quit letting it flounder on the line. Reel this sucker in. It’s to cook this up, wine, and dine.

1 Like

I put foundations and ceiling tiles if the water is too deep, plus it solves the decay problem if you don’t want to build over them for protection from theft.

1 Like

I can defiantly see where your coming from, the depth and amount of water should at least play a role. and the amount of traps.

not enough to cripple extaction (but common its a passive resource, how much is to much?), but enough where if your farming that many traps, you will need to fight for resources (water holes) if you want that excessive amounts