Fix dismantling bench!

Fix or get rid of dismantling bench. Exploiters are using it to mass produce mats…

And how exactly are they doing this?

Unless there is some sort of duplication bug or the like giving you more mats than you should be getting, this isn’t an exploit.

I imagine what is happening is they are tearing down old stuff they no longer need or use, and are recovering the mats they spent to make that stuff in the first place.

Certain things when decon’d give more then they should. i can’t speak for what items… (havnt found any myself or noticed any in normal use)
example of one (not real item…) sera panties (3 silk and 1 twine) get made.
Then tossed in dismantle bench and turn out 10 silk and 1 twine etc.

itlest according to rumor…

Well… I wont post details in public. Funcom can contact but issue is and will break the game. It must be fixed asap!

1 Like

If there is more then the one that is fixed on testlive (see testlive patch notes), either DM @Ignasi with your report, or submit via exploit hunters.

Jeez, sounds like a good time to be in the Sera panties business then.

Make one, dismantle, make another, dismantle, repeat.

Then turn around and put Sera all in silk.

But yeah, if it’s that bad then they need to fix recipes.

1 Like

Silks not that bad you can farm like 500 silk in 2 minutes. But if works with things other than silk…

Silk was just a example =p

From other threads mentioning it, its arrows. (and online only) as it seems to not work in SP. (according to thread)

@Ignasi, was @ 'd in other thread about it, as it was patched, then unpatched (by mistake it seems) and no ones sure if there suppose be dismantle-able. (as they give wrong amount, allowing people get extra items)

everyone participating in this chat is gunna get hit by a moderator lol. Your not supposed to discuss and especially how to perform exploits on the forums. use Exploit Hunters.

Well, there 3 other threads with the info about. Its not exactly secret when its disccuss on gamefaqs, reddit and here.

LOL wasnt aware it was so spread already. I watched it popup in the bug report and it took mods all day to flag it. was hit this morning.

You need to provide Funcom with a specific list of items that produce more goods when dismantled than it takes to create them.
As this could be considered an exploit that should not be openly discussed I suggest you send it as a private message to Ignasis who is a community manager who is assigned to the Conan Exiles section if the forums.
If you can’t send him a private message due to your account status then respond in this thread with a message directed to him asking for you account to be upgraded so you can send him a private message using the @ function followed by his name so he gets a notice on his account to draw his attention.
(If it’s in regard to arrows specifically … others reported this as a potential bug and its fixed (again) on testlive.)

You know I dont know how Funcom handles patches and what not but stuff like this is replicatable in Bethesda modding. It happens all the time when we get excited and patch and update using last months master files instead of the current master files. Easy mistake on the Bethesda engine but like I said I dont know about the UE4.

Well I haven’t got the update for it, so I can’t do any dismantling. So no exploits for me. :frowning:

@Sera67
Have fun reporting the silk underwear exploit. :laughing:

Fact is it is and has been out there and is killing public servers. Ever seen 50k tar in a base from a clan who just got on server a few days prior?

I have…

Fix the damage!
Treb@1590

Put a stack of oil arrows in bench…

im not saying the exploit isnt being used it clearly is. But 50k tar after a few days isnt difficult. Fully clear the grove 3 times in one day and you have that if you skin everything. Now if you were to say 50k of any ingot other than iron then I would say you had a clear cut case of an exploit in use. Also raiding a base with 20 dismantling benches would be an obvious sign.

Have seen all that.bbase was opened by an insider. Total of 14 vaults worth of tar,steel,hard steel, etc taken out of the base.

Look, its bad… Very bad. Server is 1590. Clan is BANG. It will cause many people to quit servers.

you do understand that the one she posted is just an examply of th exponential amoutn. basically you get 3.3 times silk each diamtnle. so 3.3x3.3x3.3x3.3… Now think about that with some more high end items…

This is why i was against a dismantle bench. it was only going to be an exploiters tool in the end. Now as an admin on a server i am having to worry my server may be exploited, but i can’t prove it. I say just remove it from game until every type of material is fully tested out for duping chance.

Perhaps. Don’t misread me I am not suggesting they arnt using the exploit. Was only pinting out how effortless getting 50k tar is.

As for the exploit; pev and pve-c servers finally have the ability to play again after having all their key resources snuffed out by sandstone spam.

This exploit hurts those who do not participate and only on pvp. Should it be fixed? Most certainly. But if they fix this exploit they better darn sure have a fix for the resources as well. I image this exploit once fixed will be followed by a metal/feathers/bone/fiber/tar wipe just like ALL flasks were wiped last year. I wonder how many people will quit then. <- thats a serious question you should ask yourself. How many people will quit when all their important mats are wiped and all their resources spawns are still blocked.