Flaggign is getting out of control AGAIN

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Posting details about exploits or glitches is a banable offense as per the ToS.

Not saying one way or the other on this, though this type of post just encourages people who don’t like you to downvote you. The system could certainly use some adjustments to keep it a bit more honest, but at least hidden posts aren’t deleted or anything, anyone can just click it to see it still.

3 Likes

the problem is that if you look closely the number of “normal post” about pointing stuff that could be fixed is extremely high and the “exploit” was when i pointed the exploit related to dismantling table returning more than it should have originally

I wasn’t aware that they’d gotten it under control.

Frankly, I think some people flag just for laughs. As on servers, trolls are everywhere

im trying to be optimistic xD

1 Like

the issue is that the only ones taking the hits are those pointing broken stuff that can lead to exploits and abuse. but if you shine funcoms boots and say omg this is so great no one flags you

1 Like

I definitely agree that there are some who abuse the flag button as if it were a downvote/dislike button.

5 Likes

Agree! Funcom needs to wake up and listen to us!

I took a quick look at your forum history. You have a habit of writing like an angry toddler with a binary view of whatever subject you are currently dissatisfied with. I don’t think you get flagged because of your opinions alone, it’s more to do with how you word them.

7 Likes

the message goes through? its all that matters.
also english is not my main language so bare with it.
also i believe that sugarcoating leads nowhere. so i say things the way they are.
and no matter how gentle i try to be when i point things out… i get attacked directly so i dont realyl care about how i say it. you guys get to pay for a handful of dimwits. dont blame me for how i react now.

1 Like

I’ve never flagged a post, and will never do. Above all I believe everyone is entitled to give their opinion, even with harsh words or whatever, it’s me who decides the value of those words anyway to take them into account or not. I don’t know why flagging even exists. I used to think if a moderator thinks what a post says doesn’t comply with the forum rules, they’d delete it and forget it. Lets not forget, this is Funcom’s forum, not an internet chat room or whatever.

I personally flag things that outright break the ToS, like spamming irrelevant posts / links, rambling attacking rants, or detailing exploits.

The system works great when it’s not being abused

3 Likes

The forum is honored by your virtue.

shines virtuously

2 Likes

When you adress people like an asshat, most will treat you like that and pay less attention to your message

5 Likes

my actual first post was totally polite :wink: then i started getting attacked but hey. flag trolls asked for it.
as long as you point broken things in the game no matter how polite you are you get flagged. you are NOT allowed to stand up for yourself or for others when poiting something wrong. plain easy simple to understand

1 Like

These forums are kinda a crazy thing to have. Especially when people get rewarded by the developers for their “contributions” whatever they may be.

It’s neet to be able to contact them directly through here, but what a crazy liability it’s created! It’s democracy at it’s finest. People protesting, getting upset and throwing insults, people being rewarded. It’s kind of toxic.

3 Likes

Really though, if I where a developer I’d shut these official forums down and let players hash it out on Reddit and have a website with updates and a mailbox for bug reports.

Easy peasy

2 Likes

That is not my experience; I am sorry it is yours.