Flying over base, unable to reset it

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [#3835]

Every time I exit the core of my base to the lower level, my toon starts flying. it was perfect for few hours before that. I took steps to restart the game, but no difference.

Note the camera doesn’t allow 6D view while under this spell, so the cursor is awkward.

I imagine rebooting the server fixes it? Or, does someone know how to get out of the flying-over-base spell?

EDIT: I kept trying and finally it seems okay again.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. log in
  2. move around base
  3. find areas you fly over
  4. logout
  5. close CE
  6. try again
2 Likes

flying above the staircase on the way down. This has been a recurring issue.

4 Likes

This is only a theory but I think that the problem is caused by a network issue.
When you log in to the server it retrieves your co-ordinates from the database and sends them to you, at the same time it has to retrieve all the data concerning building pieces and place-ables in your vicinity. It seems that when this problem occurs some of the local collision data is incomplete, placing your character into a falling animation (but with nowhere to actually fall).
I’ve found that the best solution is to log out and then log straight back in. Most of the time this seems to solve the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.