Follower diets could be consistent now

Now that followers have four attributes instead of five, it is possible to have every possible variation of 14 and double-7 percent gain bonuses once and only once.

There should be four +14%, one for each attribute.
There should be six +7% / +7%, one for every possible combination of two attributes.
There should be zero +7% / +3% / +3%, because they are a bit silly anyway.
Ten total.

Diets are currently a mess, cramming everything together with the removal of Accuracy and Survival, causing duplicate gains and missing variations.

The diet system doesn’t have to be a huge mess, the opportunity to make it streamlined is currently available. In fact, it could be made even more user-friendly if every diet was in identical order:

Food 1 = +14% Strength
Food 2 = +14% Agility
Food 3 = +14% Vitality
Food 4 = +14% Grit
Food 5 = +7% Str, +7% Agi
Food 6 = +7% Str, +7% Vit
Food 7 = +7% Str, +7% Gri
Food 8 = +7% Agi, +7% Vit
Food 9 = +7% Agi, +7% Gri
Food 10 = +7% Vit, +7% Gri

This would make it so players could always know what food did what without needing to play trial and error games or look it up on the wiki and discover that diets are all out of date because updating every single diet on the entire wiki is going to take me 50 years.

This wouldn’t follow the current system of which foods do what, but I don’t think what gains foods currently offer is based on any underlying logic anyway.

Healing is also pretty weird right now too, most (if not all) diets following the unusual sequence of:
1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Healing of 1 is already the default healing for non-preferred foods, so why are preferred foods healing for the same amount? I think the sequence should start at 2, then duplicate one of the other numbers to end at 10. The most obvious sequence being:
2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Though personally, I’d go with this sequence instead (even if it might be slightly more arbitrary):
2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Things don’t have to be messy. Please make follower diets streamlined and user-friendly. It would be good for players, probably good for developers (in the long run), and I can guar-an-tee you it would be good for wiki editors - namely me.

P.S.
Roasted Haunch still doesn’t give any attribute gain bonuses on human thralls.

6 Likes

Totally in on this one, we’ll sayed @Tephra :+1:t6:. Plus I would like to remove the stats with negative numbers. I would prefer to have just a plus 1 than plus 5 minus 3.

You have to wait for Age Of Gluttony 5.0 to get that. IF they be selling enough BPs :rofl:

Thankfully, Testerle was able to find a way to auto-generate diet tables on the wiki. That dropped 50 years of work down to a day, and follower diets on the wiki should now all be accurate again.

Nevertheless, I still think diets should be made more consistent.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your diligent work. :heart: Also thank you @Testerle I love those tables.

1 Like

Also, in addition to the Roasted Haunch issue with humans, Seeds and Desert Berries give no bonuses to horses, and horses have nothing that gives bonus gain to Grit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.