Fps drops after 2.7 while raining

There is also an alternative solution without mods for those who can use the Admin Panel :nerd_face:

When its raining:

1. Enter the Admin Panel
  2. Set Target Weather Severity to 0
  3. Press Apply
  4. Wait 10 seconds, it will stop raining

So now I don’t have to avoid the jungle and the northern areas (in singleplayer)! But I have to cheat with the Admin Panel :thonk: :poop: :garlic: :broom:
:spiral_notepad:: I’m definitely going to write a short story :writing_hand: about dangerous rain… or something like that :drooling_face: :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

Problem is that if you set Weather Severity on 0 you disable ALL weather and sandstorm too. I mean showflakes and etc.
Mod only disables rain on EL.

Every time it starts to rain you have to Set Target Weather Severity to 0 - this solution is not perfect, and neither are any unofficial solutions, an official fix would be best :crossed_fingers:. Yes, it’s annoying to always play as admin to get rid of the rain. :sweat_drops:

1 Like

I don’t believe that this “issue” is that overall FPS are dropping, as much as the appearance of lower than expected updates of graphical elements. For example, this was MOST APPARENT to me when looking at trees or mountain edges as I was moving past them, either on foot or mounted.

Concur that the situation is happening mostly in areas with rain. It can appear that the trees stutter past at 4-5 times per second while the Steam FPS indicator still reads a double digit number at any Video settings.

I’d rather have it rain indoors than experience this FPS stuttering.

We have this lag with rain and snow (mods and no mods, and fresh server wipe).

1 Like

Same problem for me.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Every time it rains it drops from 80-90 to 30-50 fps.

3 Likes

well i have the same problem. this is funny they work with this game so many years but still cannot make somtine witthout brake other things , its happens so many time , and modders can doo better then developers . I love this game but somtimes when i see one update after another broke so many things, i cannot understen why they cant doo this proper with so many years of experience with this game.

1 Like

No, they can’t. They have my utmost respect, but I’m pretty sure they would agree with me.

2 Likes

Maybe there is some way to turn off rain without using the mod? The method from admin panel works only for a certain time. Wonder how long it will take to fix patch bug, which apparently was not even tested before the release. Because of such fps drops, game in the jungle, winter and mounds, becomes terrible

2 Likes

The FPS drops in Buccaneer, and the FPS drops in the Mounds, during a Seasonal Event that centers on them should have merited a rollback of the “rain improvements.”

It seems as if teams are working cross-purpose.

1 Like

Haven’t played CE in a while and came back recently to have to deal with this, man what an annoying bug from an update. Even with weather severity set to 0 my FPS fluctuates in the volcano a lot now, which sucks cause I like to build there. I saw that @DickRiculous mentioned this, has anyone else experienced this too? Any resolution for it?

solution i to install mod that removes rain and snow events

1 Like

I would like to remind the people that OP is on Official, modding it will not really solve his issue. For the others that play on singleplayer/coop or host a server, a mod removing it might solve it as of now or as mentioned above, doing it so via the Admin Panel.

Being patient is now the key.

3 Likes

Another temporary solution for people is to turn on low end laptop mode in the video settings when visiting anywhere with weather or other environment effects until this has been fixed. Granted you’ll feel like your character has bad eye sight and you’ll be tripping over rocks that appear out of nowhere, but it’s another option if mods or admin are not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.