Fragments of power and its uses

come to my server you will see what i mean front row

yes!!! my thrall is on perma 300 hp regen in combat xD
with 760 armor and 7.4k hp

you need more than one spear. dmg removes the health regen from the spear. so you need 2-4 spears to make the heal stick through bleed stacks

i also timed ,my fight on red mother, the hardest monster in the game… 7 minutes

something else

Yeah…you must be playing on a server that has stupid massive upgrading on crafting, havesting and leveling up, cause no way you’re going to be able to conquer the Unnamed City in that small amount of time. Unless you are cheesing it with admin commands and giving yourself stuff. Btw, that is 322 Fragments of Power. Assuming that you needed to take time to kill a minimum of 322 Unnamed City Bosses which would take a pretty long time, I am guessing you started getting fragments at level 1-2 fighting with stone pikes?

Something doesn’t add up here. Smells bad, like Putrid Meat in inventory.

2 Likes

Go to Thugra Stand north of The Summoning Place. Kill all the Darfari there (Thugra stands far apart from them and doesn’t hear someone slaughtering his clanmates). Take a low-level bow with Blunt detail and a ton of Blunt Arrows, climb a rock and shoot at his legs until he is unconsious. Even if you kill him he is 100% spawn so just come a bit later. When you get Thugra you get ALL the Thralls you want. He knows what to do with a Truncheon so just give him a good one and a decent heavy armor. Then you both go and get Captain in Sepermeru - it’s way easier to do together with Thugra. And the Captain is the best bodyguard they say.

3 Likes

not even im on an official server. i dont play private servers exactly because of admin abuseand the only reason i play solo is to test a building with admin commands before building it on official servers.
i started getting frags at around 30, killed white bat at 35 and it never stopped. i made a psot on the unbalance of fragments//shards of power 2 weeks ago.

red mother takes 7 minutes, white bat 6 minutes, the 2 undead bosses 10 maybe 12 mintes since they dont bleed, green dragon 8 minutes, you get 3-5 frag ments of power palced randomly in the unnamed city. the boss have a respawn timer of give or take 20 minutes. im pretty sure you can do the math

I think he may talk about the so called lantern-shield.

Yeah, I’m not buying it. Especially, with the claims that you were taking out Unnamed City bosses at level 30. I’d like to see you fight even a skeleton Boss and a couple of his minor skeletons at level 30.

While thralls are definitely not weak anymore, it’s OP gear that makes them far stronger than they’d normally be. Things like the Sword of Crom shouldn’t even be in the game, much less usable by thralls where the drawback of the blade is completely negated.
Stuff like healing arrows shouldn’t affect thralls/pets either.

give me a venom infused dagger, a bow and a very nice amount of poison arrows and you’ll have to buy it.
if not give me a named bearer and see how broken the game is

if you want i can come to your server, help me get 30 give me the stuff i need and see t for yourself?
thje people on my server have seen me climb the ladder they can all confirm what i said

Unsurprisingly, I disagree that the Sword of Crom should not be in the game. Lore arguments aside, it looks cool and adds a unique dynamic. However, I agree that it should NOT be equippable by thralls. Allowing already overpowered (hp wise) thralls to wield overpowered weapons is simply not neccessary, and causes balance issues. There will probably be calls for me to be stoned to death for suggesting this, but I dont think thralls should be able to equip Legendary Weapons period.

1 Like

Nah, no need for stoning, but as a PvE player I do disagree. If not for thralls I’d have no use for >99% of the legendaries I’ve acquired aside from looking pretty on display racks. Literally the only ones I ever use myself are Glimmermoon, Lovetap, and (very rarely) Bessie’s Bow. The only time I ever break out a shield is just for the temperature mitigation properties of Solspiel and Mistmourne.

That said, it is odd that thralls can bypass so many things that affect players. I’m not opposed to them being held to the same restrictions as players. Also, this wouldn’t be so much of an issue if so many of the weapons introduced in the UC refresh weren’t completely trollish in design.

4 Likes

hit city there s a legacy of the nordheimer to be looted as well
also
ef khitan chest gloves legs boots + solspiel+ legacy of the nordheimer + 1 spicy food = good bye coldsnap

I stopped hitting UC as frequently once I had all the kilns and feat points I needed, but that does sound like an item I should add to the toolbox. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wow i cant believe my description got flagged because it shows how broken this concept is…
so just to reply to those who flag on what i write because they know how painful it is to read the truth…

• crafting and recipes from fragments
    you need 2 recipes and 3 fragments of power.
    frags until you get kiln + 2 fragments and 50-100 hardened bricks to make the kilns( if you have a t4 artisan reduce to 50 bricks for 2 kilns)
    and venom infused daggers + 1 fragment to make the daggers. they can be repaired with legendary repair kits.

• what you need after you earned the venom infused dagger

once you get those the rest is optionnal and trust me. getting them is like shoving your hand in a popcorn bowl and hope to get pop corn… i gave a fairly good amount of kiln recipes since i started farming them as well as venom infused daggers.

once you get venom infused daggers you wont need anything else to sustain your dps since they give venom 10 and bleed 20 then you switch to any 2 hander you have and plow away.
if you need a decent weapon you can hold onto hardened steel weapons until 55 then get star metal craft and once there hit arena for the dragonbone crafts, take 5 minutes to get it. run all the way hug the walls around the undead dragon and read the tablet then exit the same wya you got in( grat oyuhave BiS hand made weapons) and hit unnamed city kill the baby dragons farm bones make a dragonbone greatsword and you have attained beastmode dps.
the rest then becomes irrelevant.

• what i plan on doing with the frags i farm so easyly

[edit] im about to start giving shards away on my server because i just plow them. takes me a short amount of time to clear both undead knights, red mother, green dragon white bat + 3 randomly placed chest. if i could get my hands on a second blade of the adventurer and a 3rd lifeblood spear this time would be shortened.

i would also LOVE to know wich part of this text is worthy of the = Your post was flagged as inappropriate : the community feels it is offensive, abusive, or a violation of the community guilde lines please because it does not violate any comunity guideline, it is not offensive as it have not used any disrespectful subject and the only abusive thing i could see is the level of butthurtness of peopel who hate the idea of having their delusions popped out

Ahh thank goodness for that. I feared we would have a situation like the video I posted in this link…

As an Offline Singleplayer, I can relate to where you are coming from. It is a valid point. However, I personally would never give a thrall a Legendary Weapon for a few reasons.

1. They are already too over powered now
  2. I worry that they may be killed, and their body would disappear with that Legendary Weapon before I could retrieve it
  3. It just goes against the natural order of things. Thralls are still slaves at the end of the day. It feels abnormal if they have nicer stuff than me. Moreover, it just seems weird entrusting something that valuable to a slave. I mean could you imagine the (hypothetically) in game value of one in Sepermeru? Its almost like handing one a briefcase full of cash, and asking him to take down to the bank and deposit it for me. I would probably never see it again.

But I know that has nothing to do with whether or not thralls should be able to use them, so ill end that idiosyncratic analogy now.

It just bothers me when we get something which has a unique function, ie-needs one well timed precision strike, instead of just just spamming 4 hit combos, and then it gets abused → then nerfed, and this continues until its no longer useful. It just frustrates me is all. Sorry I know I went off into a tangent there. I hope this made some sense.

There are lots of stone where I live so let me throw the first stone :rofl:

Jokes aside, I disagree and like @Larathiel it would only make most of those legendary weapons we collect become display objects or just sitting forgotten in a chest somewhere.
Aside the random legendary weapon drop in UC, legendary weapons are mostly not much better than a high grade weapon you can craft, but I agree some of them are way too overpowered.

I haven’t tried any of the weapons from there since I have been very unlucky and haven’t found one in my more than 200 boss kills there, but sword of Chrom does sound a bit overpowered with it’s damage output in the hand of a thrall.
Also the Lifeblood spear seems like a winner with its insanely fast health regen, I hear people say that once you got that, you have a huge advantage in pvp fights.

Perhaps it would be better if weapons like these had a higher stamina use and thrall used stamina like they do when you give them a katana to fight with, that would probably give a better balance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes