Friendly Trading Between Clans, what's would you use or want as money? What is fair?

50? Takes me as much time to get 10 gold bars at 5gp a bar so 50 is probably close.

1 Like

Trading is based on value most of the times?

1 Like

What about that fire ore to get the star metal, 2 might be a bit steep… you sure?

I think it is hard to set a fixed price with different resources as currency.
It also depends on the server type, fx on a pvp server steel fire is more useful than on a pve server.
Just at one of our 3 bases we have a chest with nearly 8000 starmetal bars, a chest with 7000 steelfire, a chest with roughly 1000 of each gold and silver bars which equals 5000 gold and silver coins…

If I were to do business with you I would definitely pay in starmetal bars instead of any of the others options since it is so easy for us to get loads of :grin:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t troll, honestly. The OP asked me what I’d spend on 10 starmetal bars, so I sought something in scale. Considering gold is all passive income, and that every 2 days I have 131 more goldstone, I sought some parity. The trading scenario I conjured was needing star metal for crafting a Snakebite, or for a venom-infused weapon. In the case of semi-inflicted urgency I’d fork over that much low-effort passive income.

For reference, I place 100 gold bars in the welcome kit when a friend joins the server.

2 Likes

CONAN CURRENCY AND STOCKMARKET so far

If Everything cost the same. (Debatable)

star metal bars

Gold coins/bars

Silver coins/bars

Steel fire (dunno still deciding)

???
Steel reinforcements

???
Purge thrall

???
Ledgnary repairkits

???
Harden brick

???
Alchemical base

???
Named table thralls

???
Iron bars

???
Rocks

???
Wood

???
Fragments of power

???
Features

???
Sticks

Go ahead and set sticks to zero… no one wants sticks and everyone has 1000s they throw away… :laughing:

1 Like

So you reckon it should be this?..

CONAN CURRENCY AND STOCKMARKET so far

If Everything cost the same. (Debatable)

star metal bars

Gold coins

Silver coins

Steel fire (dunno still deciding)

???
Steel reinforcements

???
Purge thrall

???
Ledgnary repairkits

???
Harden brick

???
Alchemical base

???
Named table thralls

???
Iron bars

???
Rocks

???
Wood

???
Fragments of power

???
Features

???
Sticks

Like I said before it is so hard to set a fixed currency for different resources since some might have easy access to some and have a hard time getting others, it also depends on what you actually need and have.
Fx to me it makes no difference between gold or silver, I need them in roughly the same amount unless I am going to buy something from the ingame traders that usually demands gold coins, but other than that they have the same value to me.
Also I am playing on a PVE-C server and since I often raid the Mounds, New Asagaard and Vulcano I get so much steel bars from loot that I rarely have to use steelfire to craft steel bars, but what I almost always find a pain to craft is bricks no matter if it is ordinary or hardened, hardened bricks are fairly easy to make if you have lots of ordinary bricks.

Unless you are up to making a trade station where you offer goods then I think it is better to haggle with the player you want to trade with :slight_smile:

1 Like

All we do is trade TIME, so depends very much on the server.

Usually T4 thralls go for 500 harden Bricks or 5000 stones, especially now after the awful new harvest animation.

With 5 long term clans, the rest is up to the mood of the day. Ive traded 200 star metal for 100 bricks.

Purge blacksmith can go for up too 50k hb.

Would be nice with more npc that sold stuff, and not just an Egg here and there.

You get more gold from one run in the vulcano than what the rocknoses take 30 days to make, so thats not worth it anymore.

1 Like

Yes that is technically true, but in my clan getting people to farm gold is like pulling teeth. I can put a gold requirement on the board and it’ll sit there for weeks, whereas anything else gets filled in a day. Rocknoses aren’t the best way when you are in dire need of gold, farming is the way to go, but once you’re fairly comfortable on base you can let those suckers just drop goldstone at their pace and before you know it you’ve got more than you can handle.

You, sir, are a crazy person.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s because you guys play PVP, but to me, gold from rocknoses and volcano is just supplementary. Chests are where it’s at.

1 Like

I always grab the chests when i can, but ive swum down to find a chest that wont open so many times I got sick of it. I have the rocknose farm, i go volcano hunting and I still swim down to open chests… call it the scrooge in me but I take it any way I can get it…

2 Likes

All I know is that if someone is going to give me 500 steel fire for 10 star metal bars, I would make that trade all day every day.

And I don’t use fire orbs to crack the meteors I use explosive arrows, much cheaper and you can use the volatile glands for acid arrows.

3 Likes

Well I was the first on our server, and when i told the rest ive had my rocknoses poop gold for 1000 hours, I wonder if it got nerfed after that?. But im still having gold and silver from that.

Then I had a vulcano period. Farmed T4s, and realized it really gives a lot of gold too.

True @CodeMage also drops now have increased but thats kinda new. The drops have improved greatly.

Now I trade T4 for Bark, go figure :rofl:

I joined @Barnes server back in december, and he did indeed give me a welcome kit, with more things than I could carry. Including armour geared to my preferred spec and legendary weapons a t3 alchemist, and a second set of encumbrance armour to help carry it all.

However there was no gold.

A few days later, he gave me the 137 poo gold directly from his animal pen, and stuffed a t4 armorer in my inventory while I was Disco in his base.

So I can attest, he is indeed a crazy person :smiley:
And a good friend.

4 Likes

I hate washing poo gold… then there’s the pocket that cooks out in the kiln and ruins it for bread from that day forward

1 Like

We have been trading stuff sine day one. what you need and what you got works for us

1 Like

This. Worth depends on what you need. It’s too easy to farm in Conan, so people would break a somewhat fixed economy all the time.

I can only see an economy working with something like copper coins that only admins can spawn, so they can control inflation. But prices would still depend on need.

1 Like

i always take stone as payment

1 Like