Friendly Trading Between Clans, what's would you use or want as money? What is fair?

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Barring some randomly generated loot-drops, everything in the game can be harvested in a certain amount of time. So if you’re selling star metal bars, something along the lines of “spend 15 minutes chopping wood for me for these 10 bars” would be my way of doing it. Everything takes time, but some things are more enjoyable to gather than others, so outsourcing the boring harvesting to someone who isn’t comfortable with e.g. gathering star metal or Khari steel or Fragments of power feels like it could work.

2 Likes

You mean busting rocks could be considered tedious?! I’m shocked, man! Shocked!

2 Likes

I actually returned to this game after an extended vacation, with an idea in the back of my mind to start some type of barter system, particularly because I didn’t want to acquire thralls by bonking them on the head.

In less than a week I realized it was a pipe dream and built a wheel.

I hope someone manages to find a solution. I got nothin.

1 Like

I love bonking thralls! You farm my hard brick, I’ll bonk youre thralls, and we all be shiny happy people holding hands!

1 Like

You forgot about harden steel. Fragments are used by lv 60 players only.

The solution is Legendary Weapons as currency.

1 Like

Strictly speaking, currency should have a set value. Trying to use legendary weapons as currency would mean that they had the same value. An SoC is the same as lovetap. Legendary weapons would probably have some high trade value, but there wouldnt be a clean way to introduce them as currency.

2 Likes

https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Economics_of_Rocknoses

Also if you run warmaker, wine cellar or UC quite often, you have soooooo much gold. I dont pick it up even anymore.
My Animal pen has >3k gold ore and 800 silver ore (only 1 silver nose and 4 gold noses).

IMHO: PEARLS! You can only use it for 2 things (buy shield or weapon). You dont get this shield or weapon anywhere in the game.
You only get it from 2 human bosses from the Sunken city dungeon.

I have 400 pearls (used 200) and 1000 FoP… :smiley:

1 Like

How much in pearls would you charge for a hardened brick? Pearls lack the needed granularity to be a currency (pun intended).

1 Like

Yeah… Also true :smiley:

But they are the only thing which are “harder” to get or more work… Everything else is just laughable…

Maybe steelfire or Dragonpowder…

1 Like

Id go the other way; index against the easiest thing to get (like pennies). Then everything is easily scaled by scarcity and harvest time relative to the easiest thing (fibre).

1 Like

I only trade for Fragments of power I have everything else I need

1 Like

I’ve got a large chest full of extra ichor what exchange rate do you propose? how many bricks for a t4 crafter?

And which of us has to move? I’m pretty invested on my PVP server with @Barnes and the gang. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.