Froob Shadowland

As someone who currently pays for SLoob accounts then I say no, get lost giving it to people for free.

But, yeah bring back the SLoob accounts, they are a great thing.

1 Like

Don’t understand why? You would get it for free as well and there would most probably be a lot more ppl to play with.

I kind of understand ppl who are against it because they think that FC would lose some revenue leading to even more stagnation in development or eventually leading to the death of AO (even though I don’t share this opinion). I don’t however understand why some ppl are against this idea for some other reason, because it’d be beneficial for everyone I think (as long as it works financially for FC, but I believe it would).

I don’t believe that anyone paying for a “Sloob” account can go to “free”. In order for that customer to have access to those characters, they will have to continue to pay.

Not now for sure. What I meant however is that if an access to SL were granted to froobs it’d make sense to make those “SL only” accounts free as well.

There is a sloob upgrade offer $60 and the sloob acount gets all expansions and 1 year subscription.
I took the deal the other day.

I havent played in almost 10 years now im playing my upgraded sloob account and have 1 year playtime.

Its frustratung when people in my team complain or point out that i dont have CC armor and weapons that cost 1bill credits. Seems like most people i see at my level 80-120 and beyond have insanely better gear than me and it can be worrysome.

Im pretty much a new player again but i have some knowledge of the game…that is pretty much my only resource and it was frustrating at first but im taking it slow since i have a year to hopefully get somewhere in this game.

Im not even sure anymore if SL being free would help the population long term…there seems to have been a lot of QOL changes for nanos and durations but as a new player in sl im feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Anarchy online seems to require a lot of time and dedication, more so than a lot of other games…if people dont enjoy froob im not sure putting even more on thier plate will help.

2 Likes

Looking at current state of game, add-ons, boosts to characters, and how game is played and what it lacks off, I would NOT make Shadowlands for fr0bs.

Reasons:

• SL is offering max lvl to 220. Game and old playerbase tend to avoid SL content leveling wise and SL has not much to offer except of series of quests (solo play) and OST certain mobs. This is noting I would recommend to incoming playerbase if SL would be free.
  • SL has to offer pretty much WEAK content gear wise - Armor and Weaponry. There are few gems, but they are hard to get (grinding).
  • There are TONS of items that require only lvl 201+, which would make fr00bs at par with Paid accounts.

If I would be decision maker, I would go with free Lost Eden.
Reasons:

• All froobs are still capped at 200
  • Fr00bs get Research - player spend more time in game enriching their character by doing content whatever they like: missions, quests, battlestation (more variety of gaining experience).
  • Better gear and access to procs
  • More active Battle stations
  • Better geared characters can do more content, empathizing teaming.
  • Access to Mechs at Tower wars (boost to NW)
  • LE gear would bring fr00bs closer in PvP to paid character. Maybe at one point they would not be cannonfooders to paids and would be active in Battlestations/Miners area and at Tower wars.
1 Like

How about froobs having access to pretty much everything except paid customers have an XP gaining / whateveryoucanthinkof advantage?

I mean having Froobs motivated and bringing in new players is also great for current paid players and the game in general.

This game has so much potential to be huge still… just don’t think the marketing team is doing a great job… wait… is there a marketing team? lol