Fully developed Trebuchet at some point explodes into fragments at relog

Game mode: [ PC Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug | Misc?]

[Cannot remember if I reported this issue before, if I did, my sincerest apologies. Since it looks like this issue seems to be past down and forgotten, have decided to again try to get it under your attention.

The Trebuchet, after seemingly a set amount of relogs, explodes into fragments. It will make mention of the event like; “The Siege Foundation has lost stability.”, “The Trebuchet Base has lost stability.”

So far, in my game at least, it has never happened to a Trebuchet that fully rested on the ground. It only happened to Trebuchets that fully rested on build pieces.]

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. It should be easy to replicate, build a 5x5 foundation cluster, or a 5x5 ceiling platform resting on pillars of your liking.
  2. Place a fully constructed Trebuchet on it. (Armed or not does not matter).
  3. Log out and exit the game, then log into the game again.
  4. Do that some 5 times and most probably at 1 of the relogs you will see it exploding.
    You will then see the event on the Event Log.

“A watched pot never boils…” …In that case, repeat the process, but log off and on with the build pieces far out your rendering region.

1 Like

Hey @Kumiko

Thanks for the feedback. Just before sending this one to our team, are you using any mods? (since you mention this is happening in single player mode)

1 Like

I’ve had the same happen on official servers long ago (where it randomly lost stability and it definitely was NOT decay or use-related). But I can’t say if it still happens there or not as I haven’t built a Treb since, PvE and all that. Not sure why I never reported it myself, I guess I must’ve just added my voice to an existing topic at that time, too.

Edit: It was this topic:

2 Likes

@Ignasis, we are testing this and have been doing so for about a month, as time permits. Various test scenarios, some repeatable, some not. Will send a fully documented report when finished.

The owner of the server is conducting the testing without admin usage. I am not admin.

Actually, I hope your guys find it before we do, but it is a thing.

Regards

jim

Edited PS: No mods

1 Like

Greetings @Ignasis,

Yes, there are some 60 mods in the game.
But, although I am only guessing, am pretty sure that this issue is not mod related. This issue stems of last year where the Vault, the Storage Box and some other items were reported to have vanished without reason.

Those items were fixed at some point, but apparently the Trebuchet still suffers from this bug. Have also noticed that the Trebuchet exploding seems to coincide with the inconsistency in the build system.

If it occurs, it happens at relog at the moment a Trebuchet that is placed on build pieces comes into rendering range.

Pretty sure that if your team place a Trebuchet on a large build, even in an un-modded game and continuously relog, bringing the Trebuchet constantly in and out of rendering, it will at some point explode and mention it on the Event Log.

Official PVP server (so no mods)

Trebs will often lose stability any time the game has patched. Not in all cases. I’ve never seen it on just a relog, but I almost always see it right after logging after a patch has downloaded.

This has been like this for over a year and before launch. I’ve reported it 4+ times. Given up hope.

The game is downloading a patch right now as I speak. No patch notes though. Strange. But regardless, I’m expecting to see half my trebs fall down as usual.

2 Likes

@VirginMarie

The Trebuchets that lost stability, were they placed on the ground or on a build? If on a build, was that a small, medium size, or large build?

1 Like

Always on a min-sized build. I do think that is part of it. But if it lets you, it should not destroy it due to a patch. Today’s “patch” did not cause it. I don’t think it was a patch at all, just FC or Steam doing something wrong when putting the Mount news there in the updates.

1 Like

Then it could be the same bug. Strange that it does not appear to happen during relog on PVP servers. But if it also occurs on small builds, then it will be all the more easier for Funcom to find it. Lets hope that this time they will.

We are doing some extensive testing on trebuchets placed on a private online PvE server, and in that case, I can assure you that patches are not (the only) reason for failure.

Multiple failures on a large structure, differing time lengths and server restarts, proximity/non-proximity, still more to test to try to determine the common factor.

One thing that we have determined is that the trebuchet occupies a larger area than is shown.

Other than that, we cannot ‘prove’ anything, except the sound of the crumble.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

Thanks for your additional feedback. Our team could confirm the issue and it’s now on the dev’s plate for fixing.

2 Likes

Oh, that is great news. Thank you very much. Just a matter of time now. :smiley:

1 Like

For some reason it only happens on ceilings which has less stability than 100.
Maybe this is coincidence but my ground trebuchet on foundations with 100 stability remain, but the one in the tower dissapears all the time

Side note: when you place a trebuchet foundation on ceilings with 60/80 stability the trebuchet foundation shows 100…, this has been a time since I last checked it, got tired of rebuilding the trebuchet

This is online official server.

1 Like

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

Today, when logging in, 3 of 4 siege foundations and trebuchets lost stability and disappeared (together with what was inside them). All 3 was on buildings - 2 at the same building. Number 4 was at ground and is fine. Excactly the same happend 6 days ago, September 2.
Not sure about last time, but today had a big update when logging in.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build siege foundation and trebuchet on a building.
  2. Wait.
1 Like

if I under stood correctly they have a decay time that can’t be altered an it is 24 hours so once you place they in 24 hours they will be deleted and the only way to alter would be to turn off building decay witch I do since im on single player

First time it happend, they lasted about 14 days. Last time, 6 days. And I have checked health every day on the last ones. Heave been 100 % fine until they suddenly were gone when logging on today. Looks like it happend under the logon-process.
First I built was placed on ground - not a building - and is still there about 3 weeks later.

A temporary fix could be to allow to craft all pieces and put them in a box until needed. But as it is, the 2 last parts and ammunition must be built in the existing parts. Too late for crafting all that when already attacked.

Unfortunate issue and I feel your pain. I hope this gives you, well, hope …

Regards

jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.