FUNCOM Console needs Text Chat ASAP

This is absurd. A server that is jam packed with people and it feels like a graveyard. There is zero community pride, Zero way to make friends, Zero ways to trade or interact with players.

The voice chat is terrible. For most people it doesnt work. For the rest its useless because we are in a party chat with a friend so when you see someone you juat stare at them with zero ways to communicate .

You have text chat on Pc…And every survival game on the market has text chat So please fix this because as it is now you might aswell name the game “Hellen Keller Online”

Thousands of people have been screaming for it. Weve seen that you can fix mistakes like your PVE-C servers so please fix this!

Folks if you agree with this make a whole new thread on it…lets get this done!

10 Likes

+1 add it now voice chat doesn’t work

2 Likes

Its ridiculous that it doesnt have text chat when pc version does. Tons of people are screaming for it . Hell if zenimax can pull their heads out of their ■■■■■ by adding text chat to ESO then youd think funcom could too…

3 Likes

Neverwinter nights has it to on console.

3 Likes

I second this, playing solo and can’t make friends/enemies with a wave emote. Need text and voice sooner than later

2 Likes

Definitely. One of the few simple improvements that would have massively beneficial impacts

3 Likes

FFXI had it on PS2… Decades ago.

3 Likes

Yes it does. Zero reason not to have it.

2 Likes

They tweeted that they were bringing the parity between pc and console so hopefully they have enough sense to put the text chat in.

But we as a community have to demand it. The damn game feels empty because of it.

1 Like

ya I can’t imagine Ark without a global chat, I’ve played that game for a long long time and these types of games seriously needs that global chat. That’s how you make allies, see who you don’t want to be allied with too and it adds so much to the game. It’s really needed for real.

1 Like

You couldnt be more right! They need it pronto!

1 Like

No realistic way to communicate without server chat. What, I’m supposed to form a party chat, friend everyone on the server and invite them?

PS4

Yep…thats why we have to keep on this…its a joke that we dont have text chat!

1 Like

^^^ pleeeease add chat to console

1 Like

Online focused survival game with no real viable means to communicate with other players…

What ■■■■■■ thought that was a grand idea?

"Local voice chat ‘sort of’ works I guess. Never been a strong point on console though. You sure you don’t wanna add in a text chat? "

Lead designer: “Derrrrrrp?”

1 Like

I have a private Server with 20-40 ppl online and i have a ps4 com ans discord für this Server but still want a text Chat ingame. It is so hard organize Events, you cant shout stuff, or can talk with everyone without the use of other media…it sucks

1 Like

Yeah…some of the things they didnt put in the game blow my mind…the text chat is the biggest. But then you haave things like being able to search your makable recipes on your character,discarding items from crafting stations etc…and the wost part about the lack of text chat is that the base code is already there from pc…and in the sign system on console .

Mind blowing!

1 Like

Yep. This definitely needs to happen

1 Like

My favorite part of this game so far is the lack of global chat. I know they will have to implement one, and that will be a sad day.

1 Like

Why would you want to be in a world full of people and unable to communicate with anyone.

The console version needs text chat in the worst way…it makes the game feel drab and empty.